Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The growing amount of Exclamation marks being used. ^_^

From Masquerade, a Discworld novel by Terry Pratchett...

Ahahahahaha! Ahahahaha! Aahahaha!

BEWARE!!!!!

Yrs sincerely

The Opera Ghost

"What sort of person," said Salzella patiently, "sits down and writes a maniacal laugh? And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head. Opera can do that to a man."

A poster on here uses them at most inappropriate moments.

:o But I'm an English Teacher - I'm therefore exempt from following all the standard punctuation rules. Go me!!! :P:whistle:

• 4 weeks later...
Have you switched to Mac yet?

did you get one of those sexy looking new Imacs?

are they as impressive as they look?

being honest anything you don't like or get on with?

I fancy making the switch but am slightly apprehensive, I guess I am of those people Microsoft love!!

At least swearing makes me look cool. Owning a Mac doesn't.

It's not about trying to look cool. It's about being able to work without annoying bugs and viruses, not having to worry too much about harddrives crashing.

That's actually grinding my ears a lot: bloody loud computers making noise like a lawnmower. My Desktop does. I'll sell it within the next few days.

People who leave one sheet of toilet paper on the roll JUST so they don't have to put the new one on the holder.

They know who they are :huh:

:o

Has Carl really being staying at yours when he tells me he's going on all these business trips?

did you get one of those sexy looking new Imacs?

are they as impressive as they look?

being honest anything you don't like or get on with?

I fancy making the switch but am slightly apprehensive, I guess I am of those people Microsoft love!!

A little off-topic explanation for Jay:

I went with an Intel-operated MacBook Pro, seeing that I simply wanted to remain as mobile as possible - also, I've had enough issues with Desktop PCs.

Can't do nothing wrong with Apple products when it comes to design (and it's often a feeble prejudice that Mac owners are shallow aesthetes - but I didn't just buy one because they look so neat, that was merely a positive side effect).

I've worked with Apple before during my days at film school, but was a Windows user for about a decade prior to that. I've been playing with the thought of buying one for quite some time and yes, the £££ that come along with it certainly pulled me off as I was lacking the funds. It's true that Macs are still more expensive than "regular" PCs, but the difference fades when you look at what other companies charge for their high-end products.

Also, you can do so much to configure your Mac the way you want to.

The switch from Windows to OS X takes a while, as the functions are slightly different and the user surface is another one, as well. Other than that, I can't really complain. My MacBook runs really steady, is very quiet and with 4GB of working RAM, I can operate several programs at once without any noticeable slowdowns. I want to use Final Cut more often for video projects, and they just work better on Macs.

What I did notice, however, is that Macs tend to heat up quite a bit, but as far as I'm concerned, that happens only occasionally and is not of much concern when you're working at a desk.

I don't know whether there's an Apple store around where you live, but I would really encourage you to talk to an expert and demand a demonstration.

The Apple homepage also has a lot of handy information (especially videos) for anyone interested.

Cheating umpires in cricket

Shit referees at all levels

Forgetting my mobile phone at an intrusive perons house

Finding out ive got less money in my wallet than what i thought.

Taxi drivers who deliberatley take you a longer way home (Are they stupid or what, surely i would know the best way to my house!)

University applications

Drinks that are stupidly expensive, only because im in a club and not in a pub

People who question my age even after looking at my ID

PEOPLE WHO WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS ALL THE TIME ON MSN

But the worst one is ...

People who say offensive jokes, but then cannot take them.

Cheating umpires in cricket

Shit referees at all levels

Forgetting my mobile phone at an intrusive perons house

Finding out ive got less money in my wallet than what i thought.

Taxi drivers who deliberatley take you a longer way home (Are they stupid or what, surely i would know the best way to my house!)

University applications

Drinks that are stupidly expensive, only because im in a club and not in a pub

People who question my age even after looking at my ID

PEOPLE WHO WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS ALL THE TIME ON MSN

But the worst one is ...

People who say offensive jokes, but then cannot take them.

Generally, people who give it out but can't take it.

Today on the bus, I had salmon pink plimsoles, yes pink on.

Two little 14/15 year olds were sat at the back with their MC LE whatever music on their phones, acting 'bad'.

They were sniggering & laughing at how gay I am.

This sums up some people, ok yeah, I was kinda asking for it with that colour on, but men wear pink, that doesn't make me gay.

Stereotyping :@

Two little 14/15 year olds were sat at the back with their MC LE whatever music on their phones, acting 'bad'.

This sums up some people, ok yeah, I was kinda asking for it with that colour on, but men wear pink, that doesn't make me gay.

Tbf, you deserved it.

Serves you right for wearing plimmies :P