Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Why are the profits/losses at Marks and Spencer always news. We don't hear how Next or Burtons are doing.

I don't have any shares in them, why should I care what they are doing?

Because it's one of the largest UK retailers and as such its profits have a direct relation to the current state of the UK economy - falling profits at M&S suggest a weak UK consumer and a struggling economy.

Fair enough we kind of already knew that but news like this is a signal to the market for the future as well as the present.

Because it's one of the largest UK retailers and as such its profits have a direct relation to the current state of the UK economy - falling profits at M&S suggest a weak UK consumer and a struggling economy.

Fair enough we kind of already knew that but news like this is a signal to the market for the future as well as the present.

I was just about to post that.

I was just about to post that.

:)

The thing that annoys me a bit is some people on here that think I'm snobby (?!?!) overly harsh, sarky, and other not very nice things and then when they actually meet me they go "ohhhh I think you are snobby, overly harsh, sarky and other not very nice things on foxestalk but you're alright in real life" it's even worse when they still think I'm horrid after they've met me haha.

I think it's me, I need to think before I post more I think or just have a complete personality transplant :thumbup:

:)

The thing that annoys me a bit is some people on here that think I'm snobby (?!?!) overly harsh, sarky, and other not very nice things and then when they actually meet me they go "ohhhh I think you are snobby, overly harsh, sarky and other not very nice things on foxestalk but you're alright in real life" it's even worse when they still think I'm horrid after they've met me haha.

I think it's me, I need to think before I post more I think or just have a complete personality transplant :thumbup:

I can't speak for other people but you've never struck as snobby or sarky.

That Lisa on the other hand. :unsure:

I can't speak for other people but you've never struck as snobby or sarky.

That Lisa on the other hand. :unsure:

Ah bless ya. I think the sarky thing with Lease is one of her endearing qualities and people like her in spite of that but it seems to put people off me haha.

Ah bless ya. I think the sarky thing with Lease is one of her endearing qualities and people like her in spite of that but it seems to put people off me haha.

:huh:

There's nowt endearing about me, matey. I just think people are too scared to dislike me! :D

NEWS!

News should be new. It should be stuff we don't already know. That's the point of the word NEWS! Because it's NEW you see!

If it was stuff we already knew, it would be called OLDS!

Do you see, hmmmm?! :@

So...

Rising petrol costs is NOT news.

Naomi Campbell randomly attacking people is NOT news.

The death of Princess Diana is NOT news.

Houses are expensive is NOT news.

It's hot in summer is NOT news.

and yet this is 95% of what you find in the average newspaper and even tv/radio

NEWS!

I used to love the news before it was dumbed down to a protozoan level. It used to tell me what was happening in the world.

Breakfast news programs though - now they take the biscuit. Is that day-glo thing on ITV even refered to as a news show anymore? Simpering gimps with plastic smiles.

Huzzah for Radio 4!

Poor quality professional catering. There's no excuse for it.

You know, I was about to say that I am getting seriously pissed off with the inaction of the World's countries in combating the situation in Darfur...but that is only because I'd forgotten about these bastards. Bloody sub-standard professional caterers - may they rot in hell.

lol