Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

On 7/17/2016 at 17:09, leicsmac said:

Playing Argentina at home then.

Quick indoor court and Murray should have no problems dealing with del Potro. With Edmund and a capable doubles pairing...it's very winnable.

Well, actually, it's a difficult choice now, I didn't know this but Evans has actually got himself above Edmund and Bedene (obv can't play) and is British No.2. Bedene British no.4..............fair enough they are ranked 82,83 and 85 respectively lol but still. 

For those interested in the Tennis Tournament in Rio, Watson and Edmund on at 16:30. I think one of our mens doubles pairings on at 3, womens doubles 1930.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I don't think it should be in the olympics so I'm posting in here, but surely Murray is huge favourite to win the gold now with Djokovic crashing out early.

Del Potro again, surely only one serious chance left for a Nole Gold Medal now. 

Interesting year for Djokovic so far, still won plenty, but the chinks in his armor seem to be increasing.....

In other news? Do we not get a picture of Jerzy and Radwanska scuttling back on the first plane to Warsaw Kingfox? They should of got a day return and saved some money lol 

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

In other news? Do we not get a picture of Jerzy and Radwanska scuttling back on the first plane to Warsaw Kingfox? They should of got a day return and saved some money lol 

No we don't.

Jerzy has just returned from injury, you should be sympathetic instead of laughing at him.

Murray through after a bit of a scare in a topsy turvy match. Won the first set 6-1. Was 2-0 up in the second before losing the next 8 games to be 3-0 down in the third. Then won the next 6 to win the match.

For some reason Fognini is able to make Murray zone out for a while during his matches - it's happened before. Normally there's no major harm done though - Davis Cup 2014 aside.

Steve Johnson up next, foresee no difficulty there. Monfils or Nishikori in the semifinal will be a bit tougher.

Well, perhaps a little difficulty, but even when he was a break down in the final set you thought Murray would come through.

Nishikori in the semi-final who will be no pushover. The other semi will be a good watch too - Rafa v Del P, battle of the (sort-of) broken men.

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is why he is a champion, when far from his best he still manages to come through and win matches. 

Oh yeah I know, it's just typical that give you scares against (no disrespect) poorer players, and then blows away a top ten player with ease.

That's exactly what makes Murray so compelling, if at time damn frustrating, to watch.

I still think dismantling Federer on what is essentially his home turf (and it was a dismantling, no one has ever beaten him in straights on Centre Court before or since) in the Olympic final last time round was one of Murrays best ever matches. Hope he shows up today with the same form.