Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

4 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I love delpo, hope he wins. 

Do one lol 

Have to respect what he's achieved this tournament though looks back to his best, and with Nadal and warwinka not at their best and fed struggling to prolong his career if he can Sustain top form could well be the third best player in the world.

32 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I wanted him to beat the PED fiend at the French open, I'm a sucker for an underdog and I can hardly get behind a person who can only really be an underdog against one person.

You're British though.

I don't even get the individual sport argument at the best of times but when it's the olympics surely you must want him to win. I know people who curse the fact he is still breathing but still want him to win for the good of the Olympic effort.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You're British though.

I don't even get the individual sport argument at the best of times but when it's the olympics surely you must want him to win. I know people who curse the fact he is still breathing but still want him to win for the good of the Olympic effort.

I'm fine either way, I like him to do well in the olympics and I think if it was anyone but Delpo I'd probably be 100% behind him today. 

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Anyone else seen Dan Evans is now up to 60 in the world, clearly finally got his act together and seems to be playing every tournament going..... 

Possible top 32 next season? 

Those rankings down there don't really mean a lot. Like you say, you've got some players who whore themselves in to every tournament going and with a reasonable run (that Evan's is currently on) can get themselves between 100 and 50 quite easily. There's so many decent players that are 2, 3, 4 or sometimes even 500th in the world that are much better than a lot of the top 50 - 100 players but just don't play the same amount of games, whether it's because of injury or they just have a rest. I've seen so many times a player 80th in the world playing a 500th in the world and the 500th will be favourite with the bookies!

Evans has improved recently with a 3-0 set win over Dolgapoolov at Wimbledon being a  very good achievement. Unfortunately a bad run is never too far around the corner at that level. I'd be very surprised to see him ever break into the top 32.  Ever getting near that would be a great achievement for him so I suppose it's all relative...

Edited by Collymore

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Those rankings down there don't really mean a lot. Like you say, you've got some players who whore themselves in to every tournament going and with a reasonable run (that Evan's is currently on) can get themselves between 100 and 50 quite easily. There's so many decent players that are 2, 3, 4 or sometimes even 500th in the world that are much better than a lot of the top 50 - 100 players but just don't play the same amount of games, whether it's because of injury or they just have a rest. I've seen so many times a player 80th in the world playing a 500th in the world and the 500th will be favourite with the bookies!

Evans has improved recently with a 3-0 set win over Dolgapoolov at Wimbledon being a  very good achievement. Unfortunately a bad run is never too far around the corner at that level. I'd be very surprised to see him ever break into the top 32.  Ever getting near that would be a great achievement for him so I suppose it's all relative...

I don't think he'll manage it, but he has always had talent, just liked getting pissed too much but seems to have knuckled down.  

53 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Konta collapsed or something happened when I was out the room. Be surprised if she continues but she's back up now.

She's come back and won. Just hoping she's actually ok and hasn't done herself some damage.

Said all along Dan Evans would get top 50 lol

Fair play anyway, obviously loves Flushing Meadows. Edmund think has a pretty fair chance against Isner.

Konta vs Bencic could be a cracker later on. Muguruza flopping again the other day, another one overhyped.