Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Pliskova is one steely-eyed character, if she ever stared at you, you'd run a mile.

Shows no emotion whatsoever, can be pretty intimidating at times I suspect. Serena put in the same type performance we saw against Vinci, Kerber & Muguruza in the past year, same faults, her game is so bizarre sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Well done Stan, level again with Murray on slams.

Hope Murray finally wins the Australian Open next year to edge ahead again.

I hope Murray does too. On the face of it, to someone who doesn't really know tennis, it looks like their on the same level, in reality Murray is streets ahead of Wawrinka. 

Amazing to think Wawrinka is only a Wimbledon away from a career slam. He's shite on the grass though so he'll never do it.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I hope Murray does too. On the face of it, to someone who doesn't really know tennis, it looks like their on the same level, in reality Murray is streets ahead of Wawrinka. 

Amazing to think Wawrinka is only a Wimbledon away from a career slam. He's shite on the grass though so he'll never do it.

It'd have to be someone not very clued up, Murray has appeared in about 11 finals, Stan I cannot remember ever losing 1 lol may have only been in 3, and he has hardly won any masters titles at all Murray well into double figures.

Anyway maybe that's not the case, as old Novak reckons the "big 4" is now the "big 5" lol 

Strange thing to say as the old theory of the "big 4" is well outdated now anyway, Federer is starring career end in the face as much as he would love to carry on and Nadal is worlds away from his best form and at 30, I can't see things getting much better for him, might pick one more French up if he is lucky, you'd still expect Murray and Djokovic to dominate most of the slams and masters with someone else occasionally getting a look in. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

37 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It'd have to be someone not very clued up, Murray has appeared in about 11 finals, Stan I cannot remember ever losing 1 lol may have only been in 3, and he has hardly won any masters titles at all Murray well into double figures.

Anyway maybe that's not the case, as old Novak reckons the "big 4" is now the "big 5" lol 

Strange thing to say as the old theory of the "big 4" is well outdated now anyway, Federer is starring career end in the face as much as he would love to carry on and Nadal is worlds away from his best form and at 30, I can't see things getting much better for him, might pick one more French up if he is lucky, you'd still expect Murray and Djokovic to dominate most of the slams and masters with someone else occasionally getting a look in. 

There was a guy on here about 6 months ago pretty much claiming exactly that. So there are some out there lol

I'm can't work out if Murray's lost a bit of edge late in the season, or if this is showing that Delpo probably would have been part of a big 5, and won more majors, had he not suffered such terrible injuries over the past few years. 

17 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

definitely the latter, he's definitely hit a purple patch. Beaten Nadal,Stan,Djokovic & Murray in the space of 10 weeks. 

Still think Murrays lost a little something late in the season too though. Just feel he tailing off a bit.

Murray looks fcked lol don't think he'll be doing much on the Asian wing of the tour bar Shanghai. Still doing very well to force the decider given the circumstances (assuming his leg stays on for the next 2/3 games)

been confirmed dan Evans is going to play the final game, good call for me, don't think argies have decided yet so, which says to me del po must be feeling it a bit.