Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Really can't understand Del Potro was risked for the doubles. Only reason I can think of is that the doubles isnt as physical as a singles rubber.

Evans is the slight favourite for me, win in 4.

Totally agree, I mean they didn't really have much of a chance in the doubles with or without del Potro, if they rested him they were almost guaranteed to get a win today. Poor decision even if they do win this final tie. 

17 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Really can't understand Del Potro was risked for the doubles. Only reason I can think of is that the doubles isnt as physical as a singles rubber.

Evans is the slight favourite for me, win in 4.

I have my theory, which involves DP really feeling it after the game on Friday and not wanting non of another singles match, thus Argentina tried to get it done and dusted on Saturday. Gamble which has not payed off. can't  see any other reason.

lets not be too hard on them as we've not exactly made great decisions ourselves, if Dan had played Friday this would be over already for me.

• Like 1

I bet Andy is sick to death of carrying great British hopes all the time, shame we lost but you cannot rely on one person to get us through matches all the time. I know the other Brits tried hard but he must be sick of being the only one in the last few years to really make a breakthrough

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

well done murray another title and konta getting to the final, andy is desperate to get that number one spot of novak, i hope he does manage it soon. yes i know novak has had injury problems but it would still be a great achievement

He wont manage it soon.... Gaps pretty huge. Will need a very good run.

In fact, unless Novak drops off a few levels it'll be a big ask to get it done at all, never mind soon.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He wont manage it soon.... Gaps pretty huge. Will need a very good run.

In fact, unless Novak drops off a few levels it'll be a big ask to get it done at all, never mind soon.

In terms of points accumulated this year, Murray is about 1500 behind Novak with two masters events and the world tour finals to come, so about 3500 up for grabs. Unlikely, but possible.

More of a possibility early next year if he gets into striking distance at the end of this one: Djoko has winners points from the Aus Open, Indian Wells and Miami to defend, while Murray only really has the AO finalist points.

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

In terms of points accumulated this year, Murray is about 1500 behind Novak with two masters events and the world tour finals to come, so about 3500 up for grabs. Unlikely, but possible.

More of a possibility early next year if he gets into striking distance at the end of this one: Djoko has winners points from the Aus Open, Indian Wells and Miami to defend, while Murray only really has the AO finalist points.

Yeah but your forgetting Novak Djokovic is better at tennis than him.

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah but your forgetting Novak Djokovic is better at tennis than him.

On present form I'm not entirely sure that's true Pabs , but I guess we'll see how it pans out between now and next March. You could be right and Nole defends most of the points haul he has, but he has work to do and I think he's looked a mite vulnerable since the French open final.

13 hours ago, leicsmac said:

On present form I'm not entirely sure that's true Pabs , but I guess we'll see how it pans out between now and next March. You could be right and Nole defends most of the points haul he has, but he has work to do and I think he's looked a mite vulnerable since the French open final.

He's not fit is he. 

He'll do a job till the end of the season, even this luke warm Djokovic looks capable of beating anyone, 5/6 weeks off over the winter he'll be back to his usual frighteningly good self I should imagine. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him go completely shit so Murray could win some serious silver ware I just can't see it. 

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Kyrgios at it again I see.

Probably his most disgraceful incident yet in my opinion, what a cvnt.

I don't think it's quite as bad as getting very personal and slating Warwinka's missus, tbf. 

He does need to learn he just can't give up during ATP tour matches not the first time he's done this. 

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I don't think it's quite as bad as getting very personal and slating Warwinka's missus, tbf. 

He does need to learn he just can't give up during ATP tour matches not the first time he's done this. 

Against Gasquet it was for a game or so, this was throughout the match.

Plus he swore at fans and told them to go home lol

28 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Against Gasquet it was for a game or so, this was throughout the match.

Plus he swore at fans and told them to go home lol

Tbf im sympathetic to sportsmenwho give it back, at the end of the day if you open your mouth you shouldn't be surprised if you get a response.

but yeah giving up not on

42 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Man either needs to accept that he's not going to rise much further than he is now or get in a really, really good head shrinker.

Really? Nailed on top 10 player for me esp if he sorts his terrible attitude out.

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Really? Nailed on top 10 player for me esp if he sorts his terrible attitude out.

Honestly think his attitude will continue to affect his performance in tournaments to the point that he won't go much higher unless, as you say, he sorts it out. And I think that needs a fantastic coach or a fantastic head shrinker, or both.

boss is kyrgios tbh. 

and as ive said before hes probs a millionaire and is what like early twenties and presumably doesn't really give a flying f uck about tennis. living the dream. probably doesn't train much, doesn't bother playing if he can't be arsed and takes the piss half the time when he does. need more real life characters like him in sport. 

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Another title for Murray ... certainly looking the strongest player, looks the best I have seen him. That world number 1 spot is on

Always felt he would improve with age because his frailty was always stamina and the mental side , both of which improve with age , hope he makes world number 1  

another great win for murray, he really wants that number one spot and hopefully by early next year he will get it.he has played some great tennis this year with six final wins for him and still hopefully more to come by the end of the year if he keeps going and novak retires maybe he has the chance to win more majors and be number one in the world for a few years

22 hours ago, leicsmac said:

He could make world no.1 by year's end if he wins Vienna and Paris and then just does better than Novak in London. Failing that, he'll have a really good chance early next year.

Yeah, sounds simple lol

Possible though...If he achieves it would be nice to see him go on and actually win 2/3 Slams in the next 2 years. Although as I've said, I think Nole the terminator will be back in action come the New Year.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah, sounds simple lol

Possible though...If he achieves it would be nice to see him go on and actually win 2/3 Slams in the next 2 years. Although as I've said, I think Nole the terminator will be back in action come the New Year.

Ha, yes. Really simple. But as we both said, it's possible. Don't see anyone beating him in Vienna or Paris apart from himself, but that of course is always on the table given how he's been in the past.

A freshly rested Novak come 2017 will represent a real challenge, but for the first time Murray could be going into that year with him on a roughly even footing rather than playing catch up.

Regarding future slams, I honestly do think the next couple of Wimbledon are Murrays if he wants them, Novak or no Novak, so there's two more. Add another random and that's six slams for a career, which isn't all time great stuff but certainly up there with the elite.

Edited by leicsmac