Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Until he won the next set lol

hes forked now ankle gone.

Wouldn't be a Murray match without the classic concentration lapse.

Even without the ankle issue Murray was comfortable in this one. He should be dropshotting every point now just to be extra brutal.

Edited by leicsmac

14 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Wouldn't be a Murray match without the classic concentration lapse.

Even without the ankle issue Murray was comfortable in this one. He should be dropshotting every point now just to be extra brutal.

I actually think he's played quite well Fabio, as I've said nowhere near as bad on grass as people think he is, won a lot of net points.

Murray not all there for me i agree with matt I think nadal will beat him, in fact I think he will make light work of him, and if cillic does beat nadal I'd fancy him as well.

worst challange ever

Guest MattP

Some match this, if Fognini didn't mope about so much he'd probably have won by now. 

Still think he'll come through but no way can I see him winning the tournament on this form.

23 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I actually think he's played quite well Fabio, as I've said nowhere near as bad on grass as people think he is, won a lot of net points.

Murray not all there for me i agree with matt I think nadal will beat him, in fact I think he will make light work of him, and if cillic does beat nadal I'd fancy him as well.

worst challange ever

Done much better than I expected tbf, still fancy him as a claycourt bro though.

Regarding Murray he could struggle here and then either walk the championship or get nailed by Pouille next round, difficult to tell - his form really is so up and down it's unreal. One thing I will say is that I'd still put good money on Nadal not making the final, or even the SF.

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Done much better than I expected tbf, still fancy him as a claycourt bro though.

Regarding Murray he could struggle here and then either walk the championship or get nailed by Pouille next round, difficult to tell - his form really is so up and down it's unreal. One thing I will say is that I'd still put good money on Nadal not making the final, or even the SF.

It's Paire next. Pouille lost to Janowicz.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

It's Paire next. Pouille lost to Janowicz.

Flock. There's me getting my P's mixed up. lol

Good way to win it in 4, onward he goes. Tsonga-Querrey looking to be an epic. Either one of those or Anderson in the QF will be tough.

3 hours ago, martyn said:

Murray always tends to have a dodgy round or 2 before getting to the business end at Wimbledon.

Wouldnt read much into it at all, he will play better next week.

Just not true, i don't think he lost a set before the quarters on either occasions he ended up winning the tournament. 

Tennis also goes on all year around and murray has been well below his best for the large majority of the season. That's what people are reading into, given that and his hip problems and lack of prep I'm actually surprised he's only lost a set so far, paire he should beat and I'm not sure of his quarters draw and CBA to look but nadal in this form is going to take him to the cleaners.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Just not true, i don't think he lost a set before the quarters on either occasions he ended up winning the tournament. 

Tennis also goes on all year around and murray has been well below his best for the large majority of the season. That's what people are reading into, given that and his hip problems and lack of prep I'm actually surprised he's only lost a set so far, paire he should beat and I'm not sure of his quarters draw and CBA to look but nadal in this form is going to take him to the cleaners.

It's Anderson or Tsonga/Querrey in the last 8.

5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You can win in straight sets without performing particularly well. Murray was underwhelming for much of his natch against John Millman last year for example.

Im aware tennis goes on all year. Yes Murray has been off his game this year, understandably given his illness and injury, but he generally tends to bring somewhere near his best at slams, I mean he was a game away from reaching the final at his least favourite slam with poor preparation.

I think Nadal beats him, especially as the courts start playing slower in the 2nd weeks, but if be surprised if it's a blowout defeat.

11 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

That's true, didn't drop a set before the QF in '13 or '16.

Definitely agree regarding Murrays form, and Querrey/Anderson in the QF will be a tough task on this surface...but I'm still not convinced that Nadal would beat him easily. The moment Rafa comes up against a proper grasscourter (like Cilic if he makes the QF for instance) we'll remember why he's struggled here in the last few years.