Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Guest MattP

Murray has had one of the easiest draws ever seen at Wimbledon and he's about to get Anderson or Querrey in the QF who have just played possibly a long 5 setter.

It is all falling into place for him.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Murray has had one of the easiest draws ever seen at Wimbledon and he's about to get Anderson or Querrey in the QF who have just played possibly a long 5 setter.

And Nadal finally meeting a genuine grasscourter, with another to come if he gets through this one.

IIRC it fell into place nicely for him in 2013, too.

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

It is looking good, but it is never so easy, you are playing the most in-form guys in the latter rounds regardless. Murray has so far been very good against some awkward players.

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

And Nadal finally meeting a genuine grasscourter, with another to come if he gets through this one.

I cant see querry being a problem, Anderson did him in at the US open last season? good at the net decent forehand. Would still be a big outsider but would be the biggest test so far for me.

You have to respect Giles muller journeyman of the atp tour he's kept his head down kept working and playing best tennis of his career at 34, although I do think nadal will come back and beat him lol 

Guest MattP
14 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Still fancy Nadal strongly to get through. 

It's worked out lovely for Murray though. 

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I cant see querry being a problem, Anderson did him in at the US open last season? good at the net decent forehand. Would still be a big outsider but would be the biggest test so far for me.

You have to respect Giles muller journeyman of the atp tour he's kept his head down kept working and playing best tennis of his career at 34, although I do think nadal will come back and beat him lol 

Anderson was 2015, Nishikori beat him last year.

Just now, Facecloth said:

Anderson was 2015, Nishikori beat him last year.

Ah fair enough. I can remember Murray beating him at Wimbledon as well as though.

Gilles two sets up maybe the clay monkey is reverting to his usual grass court woefulness, at least this year it won't be a player outside the top 100. lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Nadal in huge bother and Querrey about to dump out Anderson.

Getting very interesting. 

Theres nothing interesting about that, may as well not watch till Sunday and just tune in for the federer murray final. lol 

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Anderson would be more troublesome but looks like it will be Querrey who I believe Murray has beaten at Wimbledon before? As you said, shouldn't be overly taxing.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Nadal in huge bother and Querrey about to dump out Anderson.

Getting very interesting. 

Honestly thought Nadal would run into trouble against Cilic rather than Muller, but always knew he was going to come up against someone who knows their way around a grasscourt eventually.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Anderson would be more troublesome but looks like it will be Querrey who I believe Murray has beaten at Wimbledon before? As you said, shouldn't be overly taxing.

Honestly thought Nadal would run into trouble against Cilic rather than Muller, but always knew he was going to come up against someone who knows their way around a grasscourt eventually.

Nadal still not up to speed on grass it seems, the first player who knows the surface has him in a lot of trouble now. Players have kind of figured him out on grass

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Nadal still not up to speed on grass it seems, the first player who knows the surface has him in a lot of trouble now. Players have kind of figured him out on grass

Yup, which folks didn't really account for when they saw him marching through the early rounds this year.

If he has this much bother against Muller, if he gets through Cilic is going to be very interested.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well I have to say since I've been watching if anyone's grass court games been worked out here it's Gilles muller. 

This match will be the best thing that happened to Nadal before a meeting with Cilic. He needed it.

Federer in his Picasso mode again. Beautiful. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

This match will be the best thing that happened to Nadal before a meeting with Cilic. He needed it.

Federer in his Picasso mode again. Beautiful. 

I think he's got this quite comfortably which at his age is some achievement. Only man with any kind of similar form is nadal and I think we can all agree on this surface thats a no contest.

i honestly think he turned up in Stuttgart for his cheque and didn't fancy hanging around.

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think he's got this quite comfortably which at his age is some achievement. Only man with any kind of similar form is nadal and I think we can all agree on this surface thats a no contest.

i honestly think he turned up in Stuttgart for his cheque and didn't fancy hanging around.

Possible.

He's averaging 81 seconds a game on serve at the point in this match, that's incredible at this stage.

Edited by MattP

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

why does Sue Barker call both Zverev's 'Sascha' as their first name?! At first I thought it was a mistake but she's consistently done it for Alexander or Mischa

Ive not heard her do it for mischa but she being thick if so. Sascha Alexanders nickname