Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

12 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I had high hopes she could win a first round match, but nope, definitely didn't call this one!

I have high hopes for them all tbh, doesn't work out though. The rational part of my brain tells me the later stages will be Djokovic, Federer Zverev, Medvedev etc, but somewhere deep down I can see an Evans, Murray, Norrie and say Draper line up in the semis.

Suppose it's why we love sport. The Danes are into a semi final line up of Spain, Italy and potentially England and they'll all hope they'll win the Euros.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

That looked bad for Zverev

Thought he was fvcked when he was lying on the floor, physio next to him.

Few seconds later, they cut away and cut back and he's pretty much ready to go again lol

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Thought he was fvcked when he was lying on the floor, physio next to him.

Few seconds later, they cut away and cut back and he's pretty much ready to go again lol

Seems to have galvanised him too, he's back in the match.

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Emma Raducanu and opponent going to be on quite late now. 

Not ideal when then ladies quarter finals are tomorrow and the winner plays Ash Barty. 

Zverev loves a 5 setter doesn't he? 

They have a roof on court 1, so if it's a long shower, surely close it. As they haven't I'm assuming they think it'll be quick.

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Emma Raducanu and opponent going to be on quite late now. 

Not ideal when then ladies quarter finals are tomorrow and the winner plays Ash Barty. 

Zverev loves a 5 setter doesn't he? 

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

They have a roof on court 1, so if it's a long shower, surely close it. As they haven't I'm assuming they think it'll be quick.

They were just talking about this on 5 Live.

Don't know who it was but one of the journalists/pundits said 'it was the price of fame'. 

I think it goes beyond that, though. She still could have been on Centre Court but not as the last match behind a mens game that always had the potential to go to 5 sets, regardless who played it.

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

BBC done the old classic switch channels just to annoy the Eastenders favs !

I don't blame them! 

Hoping they switch Hurkacz/Medvedev to Centre now. Might as well given the rain and the roof option. 

• Like 1