Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

48 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I stand by what I said at Queens, Murray still has it on grass.

Guess we'll see how far it all goes but I reckon it will take a top 10 player to put him out here.

Just looked at the draw, got a qualifier next round, but then potentially playing Denis Shapovalov in round 3… that won’t be easy 

25 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Just looked at the draw, got a qualifier next round, but then potentially playing Denis Shapovalov in round 3… that won’t be easy 

Either him or Kohlschreiber, who has always been decent on grass. That'll be a major test to see just how good he is now.

If he comes through that though it's likely Bautista Agut in the fourth round, who is hardly brilliant on the surface despite being eighth seed - one semifinal aside.

There are possibilities here.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Surely won’t get to 24 grand slams now .

Predicting action on the middle Sunday .

I really thought I had read that they were changing it this year and planning to use the middle Sunday, but seemingly not. There's a pretty big backlog now and forecast isn't great for next week, so I imagine they will be using it. 

39 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I really thought I had read that they were changing it this year and planning to use the middle Sunday, but seemingly not. There's a pretty big backlog now and forecast isn't great for next week, so I imagine they will be using it. 

Think they are starting that next year .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Surely won’t get to 24 grand slams now .

Predicting action on the middle Sunday .

I get why she's chasing as many Slams as possible, I'm just not sure about the obsession over 24. A lot of Courts were won pre open era and in a time when a lot of top players didn't go to Australia. She already beaten Graf hasn't she, who held the open era record, so she proven herself in comparison to her. No point chasing Courts record, its from a different era.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Made the mistake of going on Twitter briefly to see if Murray was able to practice yesterday. 

What I actually learned is that a % of people are morons, as all they can do is repeat how Murray hates England. 

People are still touchy when he wore a Croatia shirt, it is called banter and they seriously need to get over it, he clearly doesn’t hate the English people lol