Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

The Pole wins.

Must increase the chances of a Djokovic v Federer final now .

You can’t be replying to Facecloth with that kind of message, him and MP will already be starting to sweat a little ;) 

Jokes aside, it’s a good chance for him but not a perfect chance.

Before the tournament started, I had a sneaky feeling Berrettini would be the one to come through the bottom half, despite Fed being in the quarters, I’ll stick back Berrettini.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kingfox said:

You can’t be replying to Facecloth with that kind of message, him and MP will already be starting to sweat a little ;) 

Jokes aside, it’s a good chance for him but not a perfect chance.

Before the tournament started, I had a sneaky feeling Berrettini would be the one to come through the bottom half, despite Fed being in the quarters, I’ll stick back Berrettini.

What are you on about now? lol

I think he gets through the quarter, but either of his semi opponents is tricky.

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

What are you on about now? lol

I think he gets through the quarter, but either of his semi opponents is tricky.

Considering you said Federer is done, just thought I’d bring a bit of banter ;) 

Can’t rule out Hurkacz doing a Janowicz, but if he doesn’t, I agree Fed vs Berrettini or A-A will be tricky.

I just sense a Djokovic vs Berrettini final, so I’ll stick by that.

26 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Can’t rule out Hurkacz doing a Janowicz, but if he doesn’t, I agree Fed vs Berrettini or A-A will be tricky.

When I say done, I don't mean he won't compete, I just don't see him winning a slam again. Djokovic is too good for him now and as he ages he's going to struggle against some of the top younger players, especially when he's he's into a second week and already played a few long matches.

On 05/07/2021 at 22:29, TK95 said:

I was uncomfortable with John McEnroe's comments after that. Completely inappropriate and reckless to dismiss her condition without any basis of knowing what happened

On 05/07/2021 at 23:02, StanSP said:

Agreed. Straight away he came across like a right twat. 

Plus he wore trainers with a suit. Absolute tit. 

I saw him take some pelters for what he'd said but I missed it myself and only saw a few quotes in isolation such as here:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jul/05/john-mcenroe-slammed-for-comments-over-emma-raducanu-withdrawal

What did he say in detail? Because it sounded like he was implying the occasion had gotten to her and she was struggling under pressure, which doesn't seem an unreasonable thing to say about a teenager being thrust dramatically in to the spotlight at a major grand slam? I mean those quotes sound fairly sympathetic and supportive? 

And does it not transpire that he was correct and she was having issues with anxiety? 

I'm asking honestly not being rhetorical and facetious btw, what did I miss? 

56 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I saw him take some pelters for what he'd said but I missed it myself and only saw a few quotes in isolation such as here:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jul/05/john-mcenroe-slammed-for-comments-over-emma-raducanu-withdrawal

What did he say in detail? Because it sounded like he was implying the occasion had gotten to her and she was struggling under pressure, which doesn't seem an unreasonable thing to say about a teenager being thrust dramatically in to the spotlight at a major grand slam? I mean those quotes sound fairly sympathetic and supportive? 

And does it not transpire that he was correct and she was having issues with anxiety? 

I'm asking honestly not being rhetorical and facetious btw, what did I miss? 

For me it was the way he said it as opposed to what he said. It seemed very dismissive and ignorant and at the time none of us knew what exactly she was going through. Just seemed a bit speculative. I'm willing to admit his and our comments/reactions to it were probably still quite fresh and raw. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Going to Wimbledon today. Gutted can't get to see Federer or Djokovic (would prefer the former) but very much excited to see Berrettini vs Aliassime. Should be a good match up. 

I am pretty confident you will get to see the better matches! Have a great day :). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

I am pretty confident you will get to see the better matches! Have a great day :). 

Agree there.

Competitive at least.

The match between the names that end in  V's has had contrasting sets. 

Edited by Super_horns

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

29 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Agree there.

Competitive at least.

The match between the names that end in  V's has had contrasting sets. 

It's a very decent game! Pretty evenly matched. 

• Like 2

On 06/07/2021 at 16:54, kingfox said:

Maybe he is done :D

Didn't think it possible, but Andrew Castle reached a new low there with that commentary at the end there. Considering Federer has been out for so long and played so little it was a real achievement to get as far as he did. He clearly wasn't at his best today, but he's shown some great performances over the past few days. 

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Maybe he is done :D

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You’ll listen to me one day and then you will stop letting yourself you friends and your family down in this manner repeatedly

This isn’t the time to be disrespectful, this is the time to mourn.

Hurkacz clearly took inspiration from the real greatest tennis player of all time, Jerzy Janowicz.

Fair play to him.

Well I'm personally satisfied with what I've seen today! Very happy with that considering what went on on Centre Court. 

Berrettini's serve is ridiculous. Had too much for Aliassime in the end. 

Two great matches though. Got the money's worth

• Like 3