Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Miquel The Work Geordie

Music you HATE/LOATHE/DETESTE/DEPLORE.

Good band. Acclaimed by critics and artists alike. Their 2 albums are up there with the best and most original of the past decade. Great live too, great lyrics too, songs that have a point and an opinion a rarity these days. But apart from that they're crap.

if a band leaves you cold, there's not much you can do about it-

what i heard wasn't especially interesting or original, don't have a problem with them, just wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them, i don't think i introduced them to this thread? :dunno:

No, no you can't get worse than the MTV/VH1 guy.

Christopher Flockton is his name.

He urgently needs a flamethrower down his throat.

If you turn on 'Scuzz' the guy on there pisses me off. With one of those deep growly voices that you usually hear on movie voiceovers at the beginning. 

I hate it when Take That songs or Jennifer Hudson's Spotlight song is played at the same time every morning on the way to school.

It's not that I hate the artists - I hate hearing songs being played over and over again during the day.

if a band leaves you cold, there's not much you can do about it-

what i heard wasn't especially interesting or original, don't have a problem with them, just wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them, i don't think i introduced them to this thread? :dunno:

No, it was me. They bore me shitless

Modern music is rubbish.

Almost everything currently made - it is either soulless or talentless.

Indie - the entire genre has become bastardised by floppy-haired students with crap facial hair who all use one guitar effects peddle. Nothing of any note has come from this scene for so long (aside from those who existed in a time when music meant something)

Dance/R&B/Soul - What a shockingly depressing pile of shite gets produced here. Once upon a time soul meant something, rhythm and blues meant something - creativity and talent, songs from the heart delivered in a style that made the hair on your neck stand up. Now every moron with a home studio and a pair of CD players thinks he can produce something despite not having had any formal training on an instrument. If you can't play an instrument competently then you shouldn't be allowed in a studio. Ever.

Pop - I've been producing a series of disks for a big summer "do". Obviously I need to throw in something for all ages but not have anything that would upset sensibilities, so I have stuck within pop for the most part. There's simply so much that can be used from the 30's onwards...until you start to hit the last 10-15 years. Nothing, absolutely nothing of any lasting quality has been produced in this time compared to the previous decades.

Rap - Yo niga muthafukka drive-by rap, where every "song" claims the idiot at the mike is busting the biggest rhymes. Pathetic gang-mentality and glorification of violence while displaying racism, sexist and misogynistic attitudes. And, not forgetting, that rhyming a couple of words and talking is a talent I ascribe to almost all children 4+yrs old. Even the bland rap of mainstream acts is pretty lame.

Modern punk - it's shit. Especially that Americanised version where everyone sounds the same (what's their name again?)

Goth - Sorry? What? This ceased to be a genre since 1989. What purports to be 'gothic' is nothing more than power pop with a grumpy face.

There are exceptions, but not many.

It's not just the bands either - gigs are a joke, the prices charged to see performances now have risen exponentially while what gets served up plummets in quality. Festivals are laughable - people actually rush to buy tickets for identikit events, for the right to then pay daft money for beer and food.

When was the last 'movement'? As a kid I enjoyed living through a Rockers & Mods revival, Punk, Ska, New Romanticism, New Wave, Goth and then Indie. They were all original, a development or an original twist of pop culture - along with a strong rock and reggae sector and inventive pop. Gigs were cheap, band T-shirts were cheaper and you could take your own bottles into festivals.

Where's the ****ing originality these days?

Muse !!! Absolute legends !! Matthew Bellamy - genius !!!

Muse original? :crylaugh: I guess if someone sounding like a strangled cat is original then yep, great meaningful lyrics too.. :crylaugh:

But then The World Is Full of Crashing Bores!

I swear what Ultra is to football, you're the equivalent of music. lol

QUOTE (Daggers @ Jul 28 2008, 10:00 AM)

Modern music is rubbish.

Almost everything currently made - it is either soulless or talentless.

Indie - the entire genre has become bastardised by floppy-haired students with crap facial hair who all use one guitar effects peddle. Nothing of any note has come from this scene for so long (aside from those who existed in a time when music meant something)

Dance/R&B/Soul - What a shockingly depressing pile of shite gets produced here. Once upon a time soul meant something, rhythm and blues meant something - creativity and talent, songs from the heart delivered in a style that made the hair on your neck stand up. Now every moron with a home studio and a pair of CD players thinks he can produce something despite not having had any formal training on an instrument. If you can't play an instrument competently then you shouldn't be allowed in a studio. Ever.

Pop - I've been producing a series of disks for a big summer "do". Obviously I need to throw in something for all ages but not have anything that would upset sensibilities, so I have stuck within pop for the most part. There's simply so much that can be used from the 30's onwards...until you start to hit the last 10-15 years. Nothing, absolutely nothing of any lasting quality has been produced in this time compared to the previous decades.

Rap - Yo niga muthafukka drive-by rap, where every "song" claims the idiot at the mike is busting the biggest rhymes. Pathetic gang-mentality and glorification of violence while displaying racism, sexist and misogynistic attitudes. And, not forgetting, that rhyming a couple of words and talking is a talent I ascribe to almost all children 4+yrs old. Even the bland rap of mainstream acts is pretty lame.

Modern punk - it's shit. Especially that Americanised version where everyone sounds the same (what's their name again?)

Goth - Sorry? What? This ceased to be a genre since 1989. What purports to be 'gothic' is nothing more than power pop with a grumpy face.

There are exceptions, but not many.

It's not just the bands either - gigs are a joke, the prices charged to see performances now have risen exponentially while what gets served up plummets in quality. Festivals are laughable - people actually rush to buy tickets for identikit events, for the right to then pay daft money for beer and food.

When was the last 'movement'? As a kid I enjoyed living through a Rockers & Mods revival, Punk, Ska, New Romanticism, New Wave, Goth and then Indie. They were all original, a development or an original twist of pop culture - along with a strong rock and reggae sector and inventive pop. Gigs were cheap, band T-shirts were cheaper and you could take your own bottles into festivals.

Where's the ****ing originality these days?

99% Agree I would hate to grow up with the current music scene its so dull and meaningless. But there is soulful and meaningful music out there but unfortuantely it rarely makes the charts and the bands usually split after a couple of singles or an album at most.

Archived