Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Miquel The Work Geordie

Music you HATE/LOATHE/DETESTE/DEPLORE.

Well, it is inane, but I can forgive it because it doesn't aspire to be anything other than a throwaway pop song.

I'll tell you who I hate, and without really knowing why. The sodding Arcade Fire.

I think I get suspicious when bands have too many members. I think that's why I hated the Polyphonic Spree as well

I thought Arcade Fire mainly consist of Win Butler and Régine Chassagne (+band).

C'mon, for a band you usually need about three to four peeps.

And as for too many members, what's the limit?

Two? :whistle:

Well, it is inane, but I can forgive it because it doesn't aspire to be anything other than a throwaway pop song.

I'll tell you who I hate, and without really knowing why. The sodding Arcade Fire.

I think I get suspicious when bands have too many members. I think that's why I hated the Polyphonic Spree as well

i had to listen to their album twice in a row, driving back from tonbridge wells, and not a single song left a lasting impact on me, a yawn fest no less...

don't hate them, thinking about it, there's no band i would say that i hate, many that i wouldn't listen to, and many that i think should never have been given a recording contract, but hate? nah, what's the point....

I hate, loathe and detest music snobbery.

which, ironically, is a display of snobbery in itself :whistle:

it is wise to be careful about using the word snobbery, unless one has no discretion in taste, wherein they fall in to that insipid culture of "i like what i like because i like it".

it is very difficult to avoid being a 'musical snob', though i understand what you are saying, and i'm probably veering down a different avenue. but, for example, if i prefer stravinsky to james blunt because stravinsky was a superior composer it would, by definition, make me a snob, now is that really so wrong?

i know what you're getting at, and i would suggest a better word would be 'musical prejudice', ie the attitude that all rap music is shit, or that indie music is just for university students :rolleyes:

sorry, i don't mean to be all anal and lecturing, i'm just very bored at work, and find the subject rather intriguing :thumbup:

i had to listen to their album twice in a row, driving back from tonbridge wells, and not a single song left a lasting impact on me, a yawn fest no less...

don't hate them, thinking about it, there's no band i would say that i hate, many that i wouldn't listen to, and many that i think should never have been given a recording contract, but hate? nah, what's the point....

Which album was it? Neon Bible huffs dongs but Funeral is awesome.

I hate, loathe and detest music snobbery.

You'll never make me like Robbie Williams, however hard you try

I thought Arcade Fire mainly consist of Win Butler and Régine Chassagne (+band).

C'mon, for a band you usually need about three to four peeps.

And as for too many members, what's the limit?

Two? :whistle:

Seven. See Belle and Sebastian, Madness etc.

Drummer, two guitarists, bass player, singer, keyboardist/multi instrumentalist is only six, so you've got room for a second singer if you're really greedy. It's when you've got someone in that only plays the flugelhorn that you need to worry.

Frankly I'll listen to any old shite without getting too precious about it. What I don't like is having the supposed significance of a turn shoved down my throat. I don't think people hate Paul Weller, Oasis, the Stone Roses, Beatles etc etc as much as some might think, it's just that their followers tend to be people who are less interested in listening to the music as going on about their semi god-like status and how influential they are. There's an entire magazine that caters for such people - Q, which helpfully prints a list of the 'best acts ever' or '106 albums you must own' every few weeks, so you can tick them off against your own collection and feel smug about it.

The Fall are of great significance to me, and quite a few other people, but I'm quite at ease with the fact that most people haven't heard of them and they couldn't give a toss. Suggest that the first Stone Roses album is a bit average though and it's as if you're pissing on Princess Di's grave or something

Which album was it? Neon Bible huffs dongs but Funeral is awesome.

that's exactly the problem, i have no idea, and i couldn't name or describe a single song on it :dunno:

PUT A DONK ON IT :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Good band. Acclaimed by critics and artists alike. Their 2 albums are up there with the best and most original of the past decade. Great live too, great lyrics too, songs that have a point and an opinion a rarity these days. But apart from that they're crap.

I really dislike bands with silly names, Rage against the machine...sorry what?

Got a lot of time for Alesha Dixon however.

And whoever made a point about the voiceover guy on MTV's fabulous life. Well done, he's annoying as fu ck

I really dislike bands with silly names, Rage against the machine...sorry what?

Got a lot of time for Alesha Dixon however.

And whoever made a point about the voiceover guy on MTV's fabulous life. Well done, he's annoying as fu ck

Me :thumbup:

Most annoying voice on TV maybe?

Archived