Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Miquel The Work Geordie

Music you HATE/LOATHE/DETESTE/DEPLORE.

Anybody who says that music has lost its originality and isn't as good as the seventies, and says these aren't real artists anymore because they produce on a computer blah blah blah is chatting shite.

I bet you people from the jazz/classical era were saying the same about your music and so forth.

Either your not listening to the right music or not looking hard enough.

Plenty of good music out there you just need to look in the right places.

Obviously your restricted if you listen to what your told to listen to i.e the radio, music channels etc but if you have a real passion for music you would delve deeper.

I must admit pop has gone out the window but due to music piracy and no tv chart show, it was inevitable and it has moved with the times. To say that there is no good music being made is hard for me to take considering how much music I want to buy but can't afford which is out there.

:thumbup:

Anybody who says that music has lost its originality and isn't as good as the seventies, and says these aren't real artists anymore because they produce on a computer blah blah blah is chatting shite.

I bet you people from the jazz/classical era were saying the same about your music and so forth.

Either your not listening to the right music or not looking hard enough.

Plenty of good music out there you just need to look in the right places.

Obviously your restricted if you listen to what your told to listen to i.e the radio, music channels etc but if you have a real passion for music you would delve deeper.

I must admit pop has gone out the window but due to music piracy and no tv chart show, it was inevitable and it has moved with the times. To say that there is no good music being made is hard for me to take considering how much music I want to buy but can't afford which is out there.

:thumbup:

:appl:

One thing though - pop has ALWAYS been out the window. Maybe you just needed to grow old enough to realise that? (I think I realised at about 20.)

Who was it who said that 95% of anything is rubbish? Certainly true of music. Gotta search for the gems.

:appl:

One thing though - pop has ALWAYS been out the window. Maybe you just needed to grow old enough to realise that? (I think I realised at about 20.)

Who was it who said that 95% of anything is rubbish? Certainly true of music. Gotta search for the gems.

Yes you are right about pop, I suppose when your younger your more exposed to it.

In reply to searching for gems, there is no better feeling than when you discover and hear a track for the first time that you instantly know will become a personal classic/fav. Sends a shiver down my spine.

Have I mentioned The Feeling yet? Just in case I haven't, I would like to add them to the list of "artists" who deserve to be cut open and left in a desert for the vultures to come and pick away at. Whilst still alive.

Have I mentioned The Feeling yet? Just in case I haven't, I would like to add them to the list of "artists" who deserve to be cut open and left in a desert for the vultures to come and pick away at. Whilst still alive.

I'm with you there.

My brother in law likes them along with nickelback, fall out boy, phil collins, my chemical romance and pretty much all that nonesense, and he has the gall to take the piss out of my music tastes, despite not even knowing who the bands are... :giggle:

Akon.

Don't quite know what it is specifically, just not very fond of him.

I'm no Akon fan either.

His cause isn't helped by people that got turned down by the Jeremy Kyle show for being "too chavvy" playing his music full blast on their phones on buses.*

*Not saying all Akon fans are like that.

Archived