Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Miquel The Work Geordie

Music you HATE/LOATHE/DETESTE/DEPLORE.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Daggers @ Jul 28 2008, 10:00 AM)

99% Agree I would hate to grow up with the current music scene its so dull and meaningless. But there is soulful and meaningful music out there but unfortuantely it rarely makes the charts and the bands usually split after a couple of singles or an album at most.

There are fantastic bands by the bucket load out there. Besides, the charts have never been the place to find the meaningful and original music.

Disney stuff like bloody Hannah Montana, High School Musical etc. Especially Miley Cyrus. She seems an alright person but her music p***es me off!! It all near enough sounds the same and it's really cheesy! :ermm: Oh my god her new song :giggle: Hoedown Throwdown. Wtf lol

Disney stuff like bloody Hannah Montana, High School Musical etc. Especially Miley Cyrus. She seems an alright person but her music p***es me off!! It all near enough sounds the same and it's really cheesy! :ermm: Oh my god her new song :giggle: Hoedown Throwdown. Wtf lol

The girl's a genius! :angry:

:unsure:

Dont know all the correct terminology but all the crappy club dance type music that has the same Boom Boom beat through it - feckin awful.

and all that stuff with electronically inhanced singing like Scooter (I think thats what theyre called?) total Pish :angry:

Its an age thing! :whistle:

Country and Western and soft American rock too......... too boring for words! :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Need to state my detest for 5 songs...

Ciara/Justin Timberlake - Love, sex, magic.

Black eyed Peas - Boom boom pow

Pussy Cat dolls - Jai Ho

Flo Rida - Right Round - decent 2 months ago, has been absolutely destroyed up town, cannot stand it now.

Dizzee Rascal - Bonkers - again good a few weeks ago, destroyed.

Got a horrible feeling all 5 will make mass appearances up town on Fri/Sat.

Need to state my detest for 5 artists...

Ciara/Justin Timberlake

Black eyed Peas

Pussy Cat dolls

Flo Rida

Dizzee Rascal

Corrected :thumbup::sweating:

Need to state my detest for 5 songs...

Ciara/Justin Timberlake - Love, sex, magic.

Black eyed Peas - Boom boom pow

Pussy Cat dolls - Jai Ho

Flo Rida - Right Round - decent 2 months ago, has been absolutely destroyed up town, cannot stand it now.

Dizzee Rascal - Bonkers - again good a few weeks ago, destroyed.

Yes to all.

Especially Jai Fucking Ho

Lay off Miley!

Some of us are old enough to remember her dad!

He was bad enough... :sick:

Modern music is rubbish.

Almost everything currently made - it is either soulless or talentless.

Indie - the entire genre has become bastardised by floppy-haired students with crap facial hair who all use one guitar effects peddle. Nothing of any note has come from this scene for so long (aside from those who existed in a time when music meant something)

Dance/R&B/Soul - What a shockingly depressing pile of shite gets produced here. Once upon a time soul meant something, rhythm and blues meant something - creativity and talent, songs from the heart delivered in a style that made the hair on your neck stand up. Now every moron with a home studio and a pair of CD players thinks he can produce something despite not having had any formal training on an instrument. If you can't play an instrument competently then you shouldn't be allowed in a studio. Ever.

Pop - I've been producing a series of disks for a big summer "do". Obviously I need to throw in something for all ages but not have anything that would upset sensibilities, so I have stuck within pop for the most part. There's simply so much that can be used from the 30's onwards...until you start to hit the last 10-15 years. Nothing, absolutely nothing of any lasting quality has been produced in this time compared to the previous decades.

Rap - Yo niga muthafukka drive-by rap, where every "song" claims the idiot at the mike is busting the biggest rhymes. Pathetic gang-mentality and glorification of violence while displaying racism, sexist and misogynistic attitudes. And, not forgetting, that rhyming a couple of words and talking is a talent I ascribe to almost all children 4+yrs old. Even the bland rap of mainstream acts is pretty lame.

Modern punk - it's shit. Especially that Americanised version where everyone sounds the same (what's their name again?)

Goth - Sorry? What? This ceased to be a genre since 1989. What purports to be 'gothic' is nothing more than power pop with a grumpy face.

There are exceptions, but not many.

It's not just the bands either - gigs are a joke, the prices charged to see performances now have risen exponentially while what gets served up plummets in quality. Festivals are laughable - people actually rush to buy tickets for identikit events, for the right to then pay daft money for beer and food.

When was the last 'movement'? As a kid I enjoyed living through a Rockers & Mods revival, Punk, Ska, New Romanticism, New Wave, Goth and then Indie. They were all original, a development or an original twist of pop culture - along with a strong rock and reggae sector and inventive pop. Gigs were cheap, band T-shirts were cheaper and you could take your own bottles into festivals.

Where's the ****ing originality these days?

Now, you do have a brain in your head

This is what really pisses me off, festival prices go up as the bands get worse! My dad was telling me the other day about a festival he went to in the early 70s, where he saw Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Eagles and loads more. It cost virtually nothing! Now here we are forking out nearly £200 to go to festivals with a line up of bands not fit to eat Robert Plant's sh*t.

This is true, it didnt cost anything like todays prices, even though the money value is different today. I can remember seeing Manfred Mann, Dusty Springfield, Gene Pitney, and The Animals, on the same bill in 1965, at the Adelphi in Slough. It cost me all of 12/6 or if you like, just over 62 new pence. The dearest seats were 17/6 or about 88 new pence!

Seems to me that todays music fans are being ripped off big time. Very unfair.

Seems to me that todays music fans are being ripped off big time. Very unfair.

Well not really. Don't forget that a significant proportion of music fans now don't actually buy any recorded music at all, so live music is one of the few avenues left to the industry to make any money, so it's not surprising ticket prices have increased

Some of us are old enough to remember her dad!

He was bad enough... :sick:

Good evening! I'm very excited to be here tonight, and I'm very excited because I got some great news today. I've finally got my own TV show coming out as a replacement show this fall! Don't worry, it's not a talk show. Thank God! It's a half-hour weekly show that I will be hosting, entitled "Let's Hunt and Kill Billy Ray Cyrus, I think it's fairly self-explanatory. Each week we let the Hounds of Hell loose and chase the jar-head, no talent, cracker-idiot all over the globe till I finally catch that fruity little ponytail of his, pull him to his chippendale's knees, put a shotgun in his mouth like a big black cock of death and "pow"... Then we'll be back in '94 with "Let's Hunt and Kill Michael Bolton".

Anything from High School fucking Musical.

Anything from anybody associated with Disney in the past 10 years.

The kind of chavvy drum and bass pumped from Halfords modified Saxos driven by braindead twunts.

Gangsta rap played by middle class spotty white virgins living in suburbia. Tosswipes.

Archived