Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

20 minutes ago, Buce said:

How is that at all relevant?

The country in general. To think we have a system allowing this man out of prison while at the same time people in power actively trying to prevent the president of our biggest Ally visiting the country.

Edited by Muzzy_no7

3 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

The country in general. To think we have a system allowing this man out of prison while at the same time people in power actively trying to prevent the president of our biggest Ally visiting the country.

FWIW that president has the potential to do more damage in his lunch break than any of us or any rapist could do in a lifetime of crime.

Though as Buce said, I'm still not entirely sure how the two things are linked. 

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

FWIW that president has the potential to do more damage in his lunch break than any of us or any rapist could do in a lifetime

Surely that goes for pretty much any leader? 

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Surely that goes for pretty much any leader? 

It does, but if you're talking degrees that potential is higher with Trump than any big world leader at the present time and any US leader since the early days of Reagan IMO.

FWIW I'd invite him and see what the consequences are, but we are getting a little off-topic here - the total disregard for the future of that particular administration making them cvnts notwithstanding.

Guest MattP
8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

It does, but if you're talking degrees that potential is higher with Trump than any big world leader at the present time and any US leader since the early days of Reagan IMO.

FWIW I'd invite him and see what the consequences are, but we are getting a little off-topic here - the total disregard for the future of that particular administration making them cvnts notwithstanding.

Agree to disagree on that so far, I think Bush and Obama have made the World a far more dangerous place than Trump has shown he can yet, but we'll see how it develops. I also see Kim and Putin as far more dangerous, the former is intent on building weapons of destruction and the latter has already taken geopolitik to a new level and annexed part of a country. 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah, you'd have to party from 16 through to 65 just to rack up as many lawsuits as Silvio Berlusconi can manage in fifteen minutes of Bunga Bunga. 

lol

He's ready to come back you know, won in Sicily a couple of months ago and highly likely he'll be the Kingmaker in the elections this Spring lol

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

Agree to disagree on that so far, I think Bush and Obama have made the World a far more dangerous place than Trump has shown he can yet, but we'll see how it develops. I also see Kim and Putin as far more dangerous, the former is intent on building weapons of destruction and the latter has already taken geopolitik to a new level and annexed part of a country. 

lol

Yeah, the damage that this administration could cause will likely only be felt long-term tbh, unless he does do something really stupid like attack NK. And Putin is definitely dangerous, but I don't see him clamouring to let the nukes off the chain on Twitter either.

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

lol

He's ready to come back you know, won in Sicily a couple of months ago and highly likely he'll be the Kingmaker in the elections this Spring lol

Italy is ****ing mental, man. And we think Boris is a joke. 

lol

• Like 1

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, the damage that this administration could cause will likely only be felt long-term tbh, unless he does do something really stupid like attack NK. And Putin is definitely dangerous, but I don't see him clamouring to let the nukes off the chain on Twitter either.

Nope, Putin would just actually do it if it came down to it, like he annexed Crimea or helped Assad commit genocide in Aleppo.

If only he was on Twitter people might get upset about it.

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Italy is ****ing mental, man. And we think Boris is a joke. 

lol

It's just the tax evasion charge stopping him for standing, goes to the European Court of Human Rights soon to try Nd change the ruling.

I just want him to meet Macron in public after what he said about his wife. (It's lovely he takes his mother with him everywhere)

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Nope, Putin would just actually do it if it came down to it, like he annexed Crimea or helped Assad commit genocide in Aleppo.

There's something in that - though as Putin actually has a modicum of smarts he would know that it wouldn't do him much good as everyone loses anyway...whereas I'm not entirely sure Trump has thought it out that far.

Don't get me wrong - I think Putin is dangerous and a big threat to equal rights (like the abuse LGBT people come in for in Russia) but I also think he knows the angles and knows where to stop.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's just the tax evasion charge stopping him for standing, goes to the European Court of Human Rights soon to try Nd change the ruling.

I just want him to meet Macron in public after what he said about his wife. (It's lovely he takes his mother with him everywhere)

Tbf, she's pretty hot regardless of her age.

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

There's something in that - though as Putin actually has a modicum of smarts he would know that it wouldn't do him much good as everyone loses anyway...whereas I'm not entirely sure Trump has thought it out that far.

Don't get me wrong - I think Putin is dangerous and a big threat to equal rights (like the abuse LGBT people come in for in Russia) but I also think he knows the angles and knows where to stop.

Definitely. 

If I was going to lock up gays and kill people I wouldn't put it on Social Media. While all this attention is on the Donald Russia and Putin can redefine themselves on the World stage. He's started redrawing the map, shoring up sympathetic dictators and we've even got the first major piece of the propaganda war with the World Cup this summer.

Lord only knows what the intentions of Russia really are at this point in time.

Edited by MattP

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

I suppose it depends what you mean by upset. People on twitter tend to mostly get irate about things that are actually said on twitter, so it's not unusual that Trump gets more stick on there than Putin. 

But I'm not sure the average Joe is infinitely more outraged by Trump than Putin. I think we, in a very Americentric society, expect Potus to live up to a certain moral standard whilst we expect Putin to be a pantomime villain, so it's less shocking when he annexes a large portion of a neighbouring country. 

Obviously when you stop and think about the Crimea situation, it's absolutely barmy that the whole world just went "oh look, Russia being crazy again" but we all did. 

If the USA just annexed a big chunk of Mexico we'd all be up in arms screaming. I don't think that's anything to do with our Liberal sensibilities being offended or the world not liking Trump, it's just that we simply don't expect it from the USA. 

• Like 1

While they aren't linked I was merely talking about society in general. Just think its strange you can have serial Rapists released early while at the same time there's public outrage and political leaders trying to deny arguably the most important person this country needs a strong link with, regardless of what he's said or tweeted.

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

While they aren't linked I was merely talking about society in general. Just think its strange you can have serial Rapists released early while at the same time there's public outrage and political leaders trying to deny arguably the most important person this country needs a strong link with, regardless of what he's said or tweeted.

Lots of things would look strange if you compared things that are not comparable.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Lots of things would look strange if you compared things that are not comparable.

Image result for rolls eyes emoji Apologies If a differing viewpoint to your own offended you. Both would be/are stories in the public eye provoking reactions. My view is they can be compared. Yours isn't.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

So so glad your political power is just one vote.

4 minutes ago, Benguin said:

So so glad your political power is just one vote.

Not even that at the moment, sadly :D being a citizen of one country living in various others makes exercising such a democratic process rather tricky.

I would, however, be most interested to hear about why you think this.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Image result for rolls eyes emoji Apologies If a differing viewpoint to your own offended you. Both would be/are stories in the public eye provoking reactions. My view is they can be compared. Yours isn't.

I’m not offended, what gave you that idea?

Apart from both being reaction provoking stories, what common ground do they share?

4 hours ago, MattP said:

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’m not offended, what gave you that idea?

Apart from both being reaction provoking stories, what common ground do they share?

I was making a general comment on society, not a specific analogy of heavily related subjects. It just amazes me that at the same time, in the same country, these things happen?

Edited by Muzzy_no7

16 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I think if you read the media you will see that 'society in general' is outraged by the rapist's release far more than they are about Trump's possible visit - the former has been almost universally condemned, the latter not so (see your own opinion for evidence).