Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

42 minutes ago, Benguin said:

If the guy was mauled to death by the animals he hunted there would at least be some irony by which to laugh at. Whilst he is a dick for killing animals for fun, he has been murdered and there is nothing to glorify about murder. 

Edit: just seen the second article, that one is, as said, laughable with the whole killed by his own sword irony.

It's mainly the second one that I was laughing at...

21 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yes, I'm honestly thrilled. I've spent a lot of time in Africa and there's nothing more thrilling than seeing such beautiful animals in their own environment. It's an incredible feeling and leaves you with so many stories to tell (for example, I was once chased by a lion in Botswana!).

For him to go out and kill an animal that is already so very, very low in numbers, you're damn right I'm happy that he died doing that.

You put yourself in that position, with malicious and selfish intentions, and you should suffer the consequences.

Two separate arguments with absolutely zero connection to each other. It is entirely possible to believe in both of those. Nice try though.

he should suffer consequences like a long prison sentence or a bad injury, not death (at least not by a human!)

but one question, what is your opinion about the death penalty?

Edited by the fox

47 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

If it were the animal that killed him It would be poetic justice, but less so that it was an independent man. 

Difference between the two you state though is the guy who shot and killed the hunter will now face punishment, the guy who conducts the lethal injection goes home and gets on with his life as though nothing happened. 

someone has to do it! it's not like the guy who's delivering the punishment is loving it (some psychos do but that's neither here nor there).

you don't expect a guy to just walk in a prison cell waiting for an anvil to fall on his head willy the coyote style

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

he should suffer consequences like a long prison sentence or a bad injury, not death!

but one quastion, what is your opinion about the death penalty?

The way he was intending to make that animal suffer, and has probably done to countless other animals - but also the way trophy hunters treat the animals after their death - gloating over their corpses for the camera etc - for me, he got Karma. He made the choice to put himself at the will of a dangerous wild animal notorious for being ruthlessly violent. He deserves a Darwin Award.

Death penalty - I am in favour of it. People who commit the most heinous crimes should be removed from the community yes. The worst ones - the ones who have committed the most evil, depraved acts, shouldn't be allowed to cost us a penny by imprisoning them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The way he was intending to make that animal suffer, and has probably done to countless other animals - but also the way trophy hunters treat the animals after their death - gloating over their corpses for the camera etc - for me, he got Karma. He made the choice to put himself at the will of a dangerous wild animal notorious for being ruthlessly violent. He deserves a Darwin Award.

Death penalty - I am in favour of it. People who commit the most heinous crimes should be removed from the community yes. The worst ones - the ones who have committed the most evil, depraved acts, shouldn't be allowed to cost us a penny by imprisoning them.

my problem here isn't that the guy was killed, if it was the lion who killed him then i would have not had a problem with it. he would've got what he deserved. the problem isn't just with the trophy hunters, if the authorities cracked down and handed everyone of them 10-15 years, no one would do it.

good thing that we both see eye to eye on the death penalty.:thumbup:

2 hours ago, the fox said:

my problem here isn't that the guy was killed, if it was the lion who killed him then i would have not had a problem with it. he would've got what he deserved. the problem isn't just with the trophy hunters, if the authorities cracked down and handed everyone of them 10-15 years, no one would do it.

good thing that we both see eye to eye on the death penalty.:thumbup:

This is where countries are failing their wildlife. The only real success story, not just in this respect but politically and otherwise, is Botswana. They rely on tourism and have embraced their wildlife. I think it's still the only country that has a "shoot to kill" policy for trophy hunters or poachers. That's been very, very successful and led to rises in elephant and rhino numbers. Chobe in the north is a major tourist draw and it's not uncommon to see elephant crossing the road around the village of Kasane (lion are very regularly spotted IN the village too. I once saw one outside the local supermarket waiting for it to open. Seriously!)

Another major problem is education. I went to a cheetah sanctuary in Cape Town a couple of years ago - the cheetah numbers have dropped from 100,000 in 1900, to 7,000 in 2016. Poaching and trophy hunting is still a problem there but with cats, a big problem is uneducated farmers shooting them when they're on their land. Cheetah are thought to be very tame and instead of criminalising the farmers, they need better education and better help & resources to protect their livestock. The drop of 93% in 100 years blew my mind. I STILL haven't seen a cheetah in the wild in 20 years of going to Africa!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

This is where countries are failing their wildlife. The only real success story, not just in this respect but politically and otherwise, is Botswana. They rely on tourism and have embraced their wildlife. I think it's still the only country that has a "shoot to kill" policy for trophy hunters or poachers. That's been very, very successful and led to rises in elephant and rhino numbers. Chobe in the north is a major tourist draw and it's not uncommon to see elephant crossing the road around the village of Kasane (lion are very regularly spotted IN the village too. I once saw one outside the local supermarket waiting for it to open. Seriously!)

Another major problem is education. I went to a cheetah sanctuary in Cape Town a couple of years ago - the cheetah numbers have dropped from 100,000 in 1900, to 7,000 in 2016. Poaching and trophy hunting is still a problem there but with cats, a big problem is uneducated farmers shooting them when they're on their land. Cheetah are thought to be very tame and instead of criminalising the farmers, they need better education and better help & resources to protect their livestock. The drop of 93% in 100 years blew my mind. I STILL haven't seen a cheetah in the wild in 20 years of going to Africa!

I don't get it, isn't tourism supposed to bring more money than a few thousand dollars under the table to keep things hush-hush? why are people so stupid!

And the numbers of cheetas just blew my mind. I knew it was bad but not THAT bad.

18 hours ago, the fox said:

I don't get it, isn't tourism supposed to bring more money than a few thousand dollars under the table to keep things hush-hush? why are people so stupid!

And the numbers of cheetas just blew my mind. I knew it was bad but not THAT bad.

It's an issue that seems to be (slowly) recovering, but still one that requires a lot of attention.

Botswana, in particular, have done a brilliant job, but regarding poaching in particular (to use a wartime metaphor) it's not enough to go after the foot soldiers - you also have to target the generals. That's the rich boyos looking for an ivory handled knife or something to make their dick work for their newest young wife. You need to target that market, and drop the bottom out of it whatever way you can, and that will go a long way towards solving the problem.

On 13/02/2018 at 14:53, urban.spaceman said:

Not wanting to start a debate, but if you do any research you will see that cost is not an argument you should be using in favour of the death penalty.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/heres-how-much-more-expensive-the-death-penalty-is-2015-1?r=US&IR=T

https://www.criminaljusticedegreehub.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-execute-a-death-row-inmate/

https://theconversation.com/the-death-penalty-is-getting-more-and-more-expensive-is-it-worth-it-74294

5 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-43089820

I remember this being on the news in the summer. Absolutely despicable person and to think he could only serve 11 years.

I was almost caught up in this horrible incident. I'd been in town and walked across Victoria Park probably about 5-10 mins before the attack took place.

The main path is well lit and it's normally deserted at that time, but that night I heard what sounded like a couple of raucous, slightly aggressive male voices off in the dark.

But they were some distance away and it sounded more like lads having a play fight post-pub, so I just walked through and home.

Next day, I heard the reports that this poor girl had been raped and beaten into a coma about 5-10 mins after I'd walked through, in precisely the corner of the park where I'd heard the voices.

I called the police but they weren't really interested - probably because they already had CCTV plus statements from the youths who'd witnessed the start of the attack and called 999. Indeed, it may be those youths whose voices I heard.

Still makes me feel a bit sick to think of it. Would be hard to ever fully get over something like that, I'd have thought. The girl is doing well to be able to testify only about 6 months on. 

The absolute cvnts at the Home Office that seem to think that mealy mouthed words are more important than this kid's quality of life. :mad::@

“However, it is important that medicines are thoroughly tested to ensure they meet rigorous standards before being placed on the market, so that doctors and patients are assured of their efficacy, quality and safety.

“Cannabis is listed as a schedule 1 drug, as in its raw form it is not recognised in the UK as having any medicinal benefit and is therefore subject to strict control restrictions."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/18/boy-with-epilepsy-denied-cannabis-oil-treatment-reduce-seizures-government-refuses-licence

Boy with rare form of epilepsy denied cannabis oil treatment

Government refuses to issue licence for medication that reduces six-year-old’s seizures

40 minutes ago, Steven said:

The absolute cvnts at the Home Office that seem to think that mealy mouthed words are more important than this kid's quality of life. :mad::@

“However, it is important that medicines are thoroughly tested to ensure they meet rigorous standards before being placed on the market, so that doctors and patients are assured of their efficacy, quality and safety.

“Cannabis is listed as a schedule 1 drug, as in its raw form it is not recognised in the UK as having any medicinal benefit and is therefore subject to strict control restrictions."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/18/boy-with-epilepsy-denied-cannabis-oil-treatment-reduce-seizures-government-refuses-licence

Boy with rare form of epilepsy denied cannabis oil treatment

Government refuses to issue licence for medication that reduces six-year-old’s seizures

20 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Perhaps this woman..

@Parafox, I imagine, would be quite rightly reacting angrily to this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-43104314

Disgraceful, thoughtless,selfish, arrogant and ignorant. 

Sadly, not an isolated incident in the experience of ambulance staff.

I pleased the police have responded to this and have charged her with a public order offence.

22 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

At what? 

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/centre-parcs-and-southbank-centre-pull-advertising-from-daily-mail-after-richard-littlejohn-column-on-same-sex-parents/

not going to directly link his article, but this will give you the gist.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Thanks 1

Went and did some court reporting practice this week. First time I’ve been, so went into a courtroom with 2 fellow 1st year students with all of us not knowing what the case was or what to expect...

... turned out to be a domestics violence case, with some absolutely sickening details. The judge commented several times “this is the worst case of ABH i’ve encountered” and yet the GBH with intent was even worse! 

The guy pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 11 and a half years, out on licence in half of that.

But perhaps the saddest thing to hear was the defence council mentioning the woman had since been in touch with the guy again and it was claimed “she felt sorry for him” and even “forgiveness” towards him. 

And so yes, this guy fits the profile of being an absolute

And so does any guy using coercive control / repeated abuse in a relationship