Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

Probs a bit harsh in many cases but the families behind this story.

Can't get my head around blocking it, what are you going to do with the body other than hide it in the ground or scatter it to the wind?  The only thing I can imagine is thinking you'd want the 'closure' of viewing their open casket but in personal experience that leaves a final image that doesn't look right and one that you don't want to remember them by.  Give me the knowledge that somebody else's life is enriched by your loss over that any day of the week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Can't get my head around blocking it, what are you going to do with the body other than hide it in the ground or scatter it to the wind?  The only thing I can imagine is thinking you'd want the 'closure' of viewing their open casket but in personal experience that leaves a final image that doesn't look right and one that you don't want to remember them by.  Give me the knowledge that somebody else's life is enriched by your loss over that any day of the week.

In Judaism (and possibly Islam, at least) it is a religious requirement that all parts of the body are buried.

When a terrorist bomb goes off in Israel, Orthodox volunteers go over the site with tweezers and a metaphorical fine tooth comb to try and recover all human remains for burial.

58 minutes ago, Buce said:

In Judaism (and possibly Islam, at least) it is a religious requirement that all parts of the body are buried.

When a terrorist bomb goes off in Israel, Orthodox volunteers go over the site with tweezers and a metaphorical fine tooth comb to try and recover all human remains for burial.

The stuff people do. I'd just get the pressure washer out

• Haha 1

I'm down on the organ donor list for the lot, then after that I wanted to be cremated, with my ashes thrown in the face of any of those shitheads who make YouTube/Facebook 'prank' videos. 

That way they can do the most good as possible with my carcass.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41844044

A serial conman has admitted pretending his family died in the Grenfell Tower fire to obtain about £12,500 from funds meant for victims.

Anh Nhu Nguyen claimed his wife and son were killed in the blaze.

He posed as a victim of the disaster for almost two weeks and was given the money by charities and Kensington and Chelsea Council.

The 52-year-old, of Beckenham, south-east London, pleaded guilty at Southwark Crown Court on Thursday.

He admitted two counts of fraud by false representation and one count of making an untrue statement for the purpose of obtaining a passport.

Nguyen posed as a victim of the fire and shook the Prince of Wales' hand when he visited a relief centre set up in the wake of the disaster.

He claimed the fire had destroyed "everything" he owned, and that he was so upset about having lost his wife and son that he could not eat or concentrate.

Nguyen was given a hotel room, clothing, food, electrical items and money after posing as one of the survivors.

He was discovered to be a fake when he gave several different flat numbers, some of which did not exist and one where a real victim lived.

Nguyen showed no emotion as he entered his pleas through a translator.

He will be sentenced on December 15.

Nguyen was born in Vietnam, and has been in the UK since the 1980s. He is a British citizen and has 17 aliases.

He has 28 previous convictions for 56 offences spanning more than 30 years, including theft, dishonest offences, arson and grievous bodily harm.

Kate Mulholland from the Crown Prosecution Service said: "Nguyen's deceit in the aftermath of such a catastrophic loss of life was breathtaking.

"He was willing to lie again and again, adapting his story when it was questioned, in order to profit from the huge aid efforts and outpouring of sympathy for true victims."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Felt quite ill just reading the first two sentences of the article on this particular trial.

As sick as it can get, really..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-41928938

Interesting twist at the end of that article

"At the end of the trial it emerged two dock officers were sacked after falling asleep while evidence was being given.

Loud snoring disturbed the hearing on 5 October and they were both removed from the proceedings."

Loud snoring in the court room lol

• Haha 1

Facebook. They just banned me from posting absolutely anything for 3 days because I said, in a debate with a religious idiot, that since their holy book says over 100 times that I should be murdered for not believing that book, that that book, God, Prophet and believer should **** off. Apparently, Facebook values religious zealotry and incitement to murder over the freedom of speech to criticise said religion. 

On 19/10/2017 at 01:26, Carl the Llama said:

I've always refused to sign on any form. Assuming I die a natural death, I just want to be burned and not fiddled with. The idea of someone using my organs when I am dead is horrifying to me. Do not care how selfish people think I am for it. But as the feminists say "my body, my choice." 

15 hours ago, Benguin said:

I've always refused to sign on any form. Assuming I die a natural death, I just want to be burned and not fiddled with. The idea of someone using my organs when I am dead is horrifying to me. Do not care how selfish people think I am for it. But as the feminists say "my body, my choice." 

I'm not saying it's cvnty to not donate your organs, like yoou say it's your body, but it's the blocking of a relative's wish to have their organs donated that I can't get my head around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm not saying it's cvnty to not donate your organs, like yoou say it's your body, but it's the blocking of a relative's wish to have their organs donated that I can't get my head around.

I can just about understand it in a child but blocking an adult from a dying wish of this nature is just plain idiotic.

I think if you are not on the organ donation register you should be illegible to receive organs. Same goes for families who interfere - whoever vetoes an organ donation is denied organs for their own need

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Benguin said:

Personally, I wouldn't call not donating organs reprehensible like Bryn did, but I think when I'm gone I'm not going to feel anything at all regarding what happens to my own body, so I'd happily donate mine. However, I respect there are some people who think as you do and that choice should be respected - I'm thinking the organ donation system should be "opt-out" rather than "opt-in", though.

If it's not too personal a question, what exactly bothers you so much about the idea?

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I can just about understand it in a child but blocking an adult from a dying wish of this nature is just plain idiotic.

Yeah. The person makes the choice, it should start and end with them. The wishes of the relatives - no matter how they feel at the time - shouldn't come into the question. That's what agreements like this are for.

This cvnt has always been a cvnt but has just reminded us:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-42095074

One of the killers of toddler James Bulger has been recalled to prison suspected of having child abuse images on his computer.

It is the second time Jon Venables has been sent back to jail for the same suspected offence.

In a statement, James' mother Denise Fergus said: "Venables has now proved beyond any doubt what a vile, perverted psychopath he has always been."

The 35-year-old was recalled last week but has not yet been charged.

He was first recalled in 2010, following his release in 2001 after serving eight years for the murder of James, aged two, in 1993.

James BulgerImage copyrightPA Image captionJames Bulger was two when he was abducted and killed in 1993

Ms Fergus went on to say: "I predicted Venables would re-offend unless they kept a very tight rein on him and I pray that now, someone from the UK government will finally listen to me."

She said "what hurts me most is the way the probation service has tried to cover this up", adding she was only told on Wednesday night that Venables was taken back into custody a week ago.

Mrs Fergus said it was "clear that they were trying to keep this quiet, until they got a call from the media".

She said she received "a hurried call" from the probation service at 20:40 GMT with "few details given, just that he had breached his terms of the licence and returned to prison", which left her "extremely upset, angry and feeling insulted".

She said she would consider making a formal complaint to the probation service.

Denise fergusImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES Image captionDenise Fergus "feared" Venables would re-offend

A Ministry of Justice (MoJ) spokeswoman said it takes the duty of updating victims' families "extremely seriously".

"A dedicated victim liaison officer contacts families as soon as the offender is charged, but we regret the additional distress this has caused in this case.

"We want to reassure Mrs Fergus and Mr Bulger [James's father] that a liaison officer will continue to stay in regular contact with them as the case progresses."

On 12 February 1993, James - just a few weeks short of his third birthday - was reported missing by his mother from outside a butcher's shop in the New Strand Shopping Centre in Bootle, Merseyside.

CCTV images of James Bulger being led awayImage copyrightPA Image captionCCTV images showed James Bulger being led away by the two boys in a shopping centre

CCTV images revealed he had been lured away by Venables and Robert Thompson, both then aged 10.

His body was found two days later on a railway line. He had been stripped from the waist down, paint had been thrown in his eyes and he had been beaten to death with bricks and a metal bar.

Thompson and Venables were arrested and charged within days. They were both convicted at Preston Crown Court of James's murder, in November 1993.

In 2001, the pair were released - with new identities - from secure children's homes on life licence, meaning they can be recalled at any time.

Analysis: Daniel Sandford, BBC home affairs correspondent

What appear to be images of child abuse were found on a computer linked to Jon Venables last week, during a routine visit.

He was recalled to prison immediately.

The police force investigating him has not been named, as it might reveal where he has been living under a second new identity.

Venables was jailed for life in 1993 for murdering and torturing two-year-old James Bulger.

He was first released - on licence - in 2001, but jailed again in 2010 for possession of child abuse images.

He was released a second time in 2013, at which point James Bulger's parents said they were "filled with terror".

The parole board will now have to decide whether - or when - it is safe to release him again, and will take into account if he appears to be re-offending in a similar vein.

Venables was recalled to prison in 2010 after accessing images of child abuse and breaching his parole conditions by visiting Merseyside.

He had developed drug and drink problems, started behaving anti-socially and had revealed his real identity to friends.

Venables was released again in 2013 with a second new identity.

On 11/21/2017 at 11:14, Jon the Hat said:

If you would choose to keep something you don’t need anymore rather than save the lives of others, you need to do some soul searching.

Yeah. What use is your body to you when your soul isn’t there anymore? It’s just a pile of flesh.