Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Foxestalk CD Swap # 3

I know people have recently posted individual compilations and all that, but I thought it might be an idea to get a proper one going again (reviews and everything) if the interest is still there. If we can get a list of people to do it again we can get it going:

1. Joe

1. Joe.

2. James.

3. Jay

4. Mark

I spoke to AOWW a week or so ago about it, thought it best to start it later this year (Late Oct?) and space it out a bit more, people were just posting up mixes every day and was a bit hectic. Another idea was sending out actual cds.

1. Joe.

2. James.

3. Jay

4. Mark

5. shen

6. Fez

7. TPH

I favour the idea of actual, physical cds being sent.. the reason being I never got round to downloading them all. Also I do the bulk of my listening in the car, so would put them on CDs anyway.

Probably wouldn't hurt to follow both approaches.

Exactly!

Pfft. Im game as always to disgust you all with what 'The Kids' are listening to these days. However im tempted to acctually try and show you some good tunes this time and not the stuff im listening too at the time.

Just give us the Emo Femo Screamo stuff that we know you love.

Fantastic.

I'll give it a fair go this time too.

Who uses CD's these days?!

I do - mainly in the car though.

As Mark said, we spoke about the idea recently. Personally, I think the best option would be to upload each mix as before, but I'm also happy to offer to send my own mix out on CD to a limited number of people if they PM me and ask nicely. Can't see there being such a massive take-up that it becomes impractical/too expensive, but folks always have the option of saying no.

Picking up on an earlier point too, I do think that uploading one mix a day is pushing 'em through too fast. I know last time I struggled to get round to downloading them that frequently and was then often frustrated/disappointed that when I finally got round to downloading 'em the link had expired. Food for thought and I'd be interested to hear others' opinions.

Oh and a bit of a plea (and can people please try to avoid taking this personally - it's not aimed at anyone in particular) ... (and don't bite my head off - it hurts!!!! - I'm just the messenger - although I think the point is valid) :(:P

I don't quite now how we avoid it but several people have mentioned too me that they'd like to have been involved in the last 'mix swap', but they feel that it's a bit of a closed shop as the 'usual suspects' are a little cliquey and are 'music snobs' (my term, not theirs!), so they were concerned about getting overly criticised from the 'more-established music forum members'. I can see their point - we've people on this forum who are very knowledgeable about music and not always the most tolerant about choices that they see as less 'worthy'!! I've already mentioned this to Mark when we spoke about the idea but I thought it wouldn't do any harm to have the suggestion 'out here'. Perhaps we could all try to be a little more welcoming/encouraging with our posts and be conscious of minimising 'music put-downs'. Taste in music is, after all, highly subjective and it would be a boring world if we all had the same tastes - although I'm all for some healthy debate! I suppose what I'm saying is that it seems a shame that people are reluctant to contribute because they're concerned about harsh criticism or don't fully understand the format. Any thoughts....? :dunno:

I can understand the above point, but we've all got very varied music tastes anyway, so I'm not sure how that argument works. :huh:

Either way, I'd welcome new people joining this CD Swap, the more the merrier.

And just as an added suggestion, would it be an idea to just have one CD each week? Not sure whether this is long enough, but I think a week should be minimum.

1. Joe.

2. James.

3. Jay

4. Mark

5. shen

6. Fez

7. TPH

8. Hairy

9. Samilktray

10. AoWW (sometime - dunno if this list is in order?)

Oh, and who was it who had The Dandelions - Blowin O's on their mix last time? Just listening to it and remembered it came from someone off here. Great tune. :thumbsup:

I think we can say Jays Mix Number 3 will be again slightly different to the previous 2!!

thinking along the lines of...

starting with a bit of dub/reggae... moving on to a bit of chilled out Hip Hop and ending with some nice d&b

I love making these mixes

Archived