Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SamL

Brighton

Mark Collins informs me 'the Sportsman at the rear of the North Stand is now open on matchdays, though expect it to be crowded'. Otherwise Peter Hodd suggests 'the Preston Brewery Tap, located one mile south of the stadium, on the main A23 and is football friendly, but very crowded. Alastair Webb adds; 'I would recommend the Station pub on Hampstead Road. The pub which is in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide serves a good selection of ales and is located literally just outside the Preston Park station entrance (although admittedly on the opposite side to the way fans exit the station for the ground)'.

Outside Brighton Mainline Station there are a number of excellent pubs'. Phil Kramer recommends the Evening Star, on Surrey Street. It is away fan friendly and only two a minute walk away from the station. It is in the CAMRA good beer guide and serves real Sussex ale and cider'. Please note that alcohol is not served within the stadium

:@

Not sure where footballgroundguide got the parking restrictions from, as stewards still stand at the end of the each road to make sure non-residents aren't getting into side roads. Unless they've changed the parking since Hereford the other week!

Seafront from Preston Park would be a good 40 minute walk I would estimate, much easier to hop on and go to Brighton, as you can walk down from Brighton station in 10 minutes. But as previously said, you can use your travel voucher after the match to either get up to as far as Haywards Heath, or head back down to Brighton.

Sorry. I've already felt the heat from jamie! >_<

Is there noway you could get a refund?

Probs to much effort anwyay? :dunno: Offer stands though! ;)

Thanks love. I don't know what the deal is re refunds though. One thing's for sure Jamie is not fooking me off to go down with you so I'm on my own. I have his ticket whuhuhahahahaha!

This has got all the makings of the worst Tuesday night ever.

Not too bad according to this*

*kudos to Syston Fox for the link :thumbup:

Thanks love. I don't know what the deal is re refunds though. One thing's for sure Jamie is not fooking me off to go down with you so I'm on my own. I have his ticket whuhuhahahahaha!

lol

Jamie wouldn't do that :ph34r:

Not sure where footballgroundguide got the parking restrictions from, as stewards still stand at the end of the each road to make sure non-residents aren't getting into side roads. Unless they've changed the parking since Hereford the other week!

Seafront from Preston Park would be a good 40 minute walk I would estimate, much easier to hop on and go to Brighton, as you can walk down from Brighton station in 10 minutes. But as previously said, you can use your travel voucher after the match to either get up to as far as Haywards Heath, or head back down to Brighton.

Do you know if you can use your match ticket to get the bus from the Park and Ride to the ground, then go on the train into and out of Brighton, then use the bus after the match back to the Park and Ride ?

Do you know if you can use your match ticket to get the bus from the Park and Ride to the ground, then go on the train into and out of Brighton, then use the bus after the match back to the Park and Ride ?

Probably not, you get 2 travel stubs with your ticket, meaning theoretically you can only use it for 2 legs of your journey (Bus there and back). I don't use the park and ride, so not sure if they actually take the stubs or not.

A return from Preston Park to Brighton is only £2.30, so not breaking the bank. That or you can walk which will take about 30 mins or so. Oh and don't try getting away with not buying a train ticket, as there are turnstiles at Brighton.

Atmosphere Dad is coming in my car now. 1 Space. Maybe already taken, although unlikely.

Weak. Does that mean he'll take my already called shotgun? Are now going to have to listen to Northern Soul?

As for the space, get Big Bob on the scene!

Archived