Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SamL

Brighton

Brighton fan here, can't be arsed to read all of the thread but a few things you might want to know...

Absolutely no buying tickets on the gate, don't think they may do it on the off chance because it won't happen. One of our agreements of playing at the Withdean is that we don't sell on the gate, so don't travel without a ticket!

Prepared to get wet. If the club is feeling generous they will dish out free PONCHOS, but if you sell out I wouldn't count on it.

Bring your binoculars, you won't see for sh*t!

A few people have been going on about rows, so in short...Only 10 rows, 90 lucky people will get the back row which will give them the BEST view (if you can call it that).

Just buy a train ticket to Haywards Heath, as you get free travel from there to Preston Park. If you get on the train in London etc and find out it doesn't stop at Preston Park, you can get off at Haywards Heath and get a local service to there. 95% of trains stop at HH, so you won't be waiting long to get a train (15 minutes max).

If you want to save 5 minutes walking to the stadium, when you get out of the station, take the road (which turns in to a dark alley) immediately on your left which will say "No Access to Withdean Stadium", as it will take you to the stadium pretty much. Although it will be dark, you won't get raped, honest. No seriously, it's a very nice area and you will get to the stadium hassle free even if you wear colours, very relaxed fans.

That's pretty much it, enjoy your trip to the theatre of trees, and enjoy your 3 points!

Oh and one last thing, You're only going for the nightlife! :crylaugh:

What about parking fella?
The stadium is located two miles away from the town centre and is just off the London Road (A23). The good news is that parking restrictions have been lifted near to the stadium, so that there is now plenty of street parking to be had. If you arrive early (before 1pm) then you are able to park just off the A23.

Kevin Ditch informs me that 'there is an excellent park and ride scheme which is available about one mile north of the ground, at Mill Road. Given that 90% of away fans come from the north and travel down the M23/A23, this is the ideal site, as it is right next to the main road'. Colin Peel adds 'I found the Park & Ride scheme to be brilliant; I got back in my car after the game, for the start of Sports Report!'. Remember that your match ticket includes a park and ride ticket for either the train or bus.

Peter Bennett adds; 'We used the park and ride at Mill Road, but that seemed to be a mistake for two reasons; Firstly on our return we noticed that at least two cars had been broken into. Mill Road is a long road with cars parked at the side and there is no security present whilst you are at the match. Secondly if I went again I would street park near to the stadium as it would have been quicker to get away after the game has ended, rather than waiting for a bus back to the park & ride, and then trying to get out of Mill Road'.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/brighton.htm

I'm not sure if that helps? :dunno:

Brighton fan here, can't be arsed to read all of the thread but a few things you might want to know...

Absolutely no buying tickets on the gate, don't think they may do it on the off chance because it won't happen. One of our agreements of playing at the Withdean is that we don't sell on the gate, so don't travel without a ticket!

Prepared to get wet. If the club is feeling generous they will dish out free PONCHOS, but if you sell out I wouldn't count on it.

Bring your binoculars, you won't see for sh*t!

A few people have been going on about rows, so in short...Only 10 rows, 90 lucky people will get the back row which will give them the BEST view (if you can call it that).

Just buy a train ticket to Haywards Heath, as you get free travel from there to Preston Park. If you get on the train in London etc and find out it doesn't stop at Preston Park, you can get off at Haywards Heath and get a local service to there. 95% of trains stop at HH, so you won't be waiting long to get a train (15 minutes max).

If you want to save 5 minutes walking to the stadium, when you get out of the station, take the road (which turns in to a dark alley) immediately on your left which will say "No Access to Withdean Stadium", as it will take you to the stadium pretty much. Although it will be dark, you won't get raped, honest. No seriously, it's a very nice area and you will get to the stadium hassle free even if you wear colours, very relaxed fans.

That's pretty much it, enjoy your trip to the theatre of trees, and enjoy your 3 points!

Oh and one last thing, You're only going for the nightlife! :crylaugh:

Do you know Tabou?

YEAHHHHHHHHH :angry:

"Does your boyfriend know your here" also.

Been done to death, would be nice to hear something original!

As regards to parking, there are a few park and ride locations, with Mill road probably being the most convenient. The ticket stubs will give you free bus travel from there to the stadium. There is absolutely no parking near the stadium, so don't even attempt to park around the Withdean!

I haven't read this thread.

Do I have to drive to a park and ride or something?

Sounds well sh it.

Bloody Brighton. Sh it ground, sh it park and ride, sh itty pretentious, more fashionable, better looking people than me.

Sod it, I'm going to Grimsby instead.

Will just be more of the same.... :giggle:

I'm preparing for an afternoon of job interviews. I don't know what I'm doing on here.

I'm thinking this is bad - Row A.

Balls! Bet that's right at the front. I want to be in the middle not wheelchair alley (no offence - too late!)

Still I suppose looking on the bright side at least no big bugger (maybe an inappropriate term for Brighton!) will be sat in front of me. That's what usually happens.

Aiming to be in Brighton by about 4.00pm.

Where we meeting? Still not met anyone on here.

Get me 6 pints first and then I'll rugby-tackle Savage on his way in!

As am I. What time will you be arriving?

As an aside my seat is on Row J. Back row, oh yeah :cool:

Seat 85 though, so quite near one of the sides.

If I have to pick up my Dad, not sure. If I'm coming straight from work, it won't take me that long, depending on if I can beat the bulk of the rush hour traffic.

I realise that isn't very precise, but still.

I look forward to seeing you there, nesh-nesh.

Archived