Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

Watched that one myself. Fantastic game right till the end.

Does anyone on here have the NBA League pass? I'd be interested in it given that you can hide the scores and watch highlights the following day. There's just a couple of things which put me off for now - the price and the fact there is no decent PS4 app for some reason.

9 minutes ago, Basingstoke Fox said:

Watched that one myself. Fantastic game right till the end.

Does anyone on here have the NBA League pass? I'd be interested in it given that you can hide the scores and watch highlights the following day. There's just a couple of things which put me off for now - the price and the fact there is no decent PS4 app for some reason.

This is the first season for about 6 years I haven’t had it. It’s a great product but yeah the pricing is crazy. Hoping to just get a playoff deal this year. 

I know fook all about basketball but my 10 year old boy is starting to get into it. Reckons he's an Orlando Magic fan cos we went there on holiday lol Are they any good? :dunno:

Says he wants their jersey/vest for his birthday so i went on their website but looks like they don't ship to the UK which is a bit shit.

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I know fook all about basketball but my 10 year old boy is starting to get into it. Reckons he's an Orlando Magic fan cos we went there on holiday lol Are they any good? :dunno:

Says he wants their jersey/vest for his birthday so i went on their website but looks like they don't ship to the UK which is a bit shit.

https://m.nbastore.eu/stores/nba/mobile/en/c/shop-by-team/eastern/orlando-magic

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pds said:

Won't say that when you see the prices :jawdrop:

From memory they have always been expensive even in the states, when you used to get 2 dollars to the pound. 

I also think years back you couldn't by the replica of the actual team Jersey, they did versions with slight differences in all the shops in Orlando when I was there back in the 90s when the Magic were actually half decent.

• 1 month later...

The documentary is something special. Go and watch it if you can. It's fantastic.

Just based on the first episode alone you can sense what player Jordan was from the start and how he helped turn the franchise and the league around.

The Golden Years of basketball, and I was lucky to have lived in that era, follow the sport turn into a phenomenon, up until Jordan's second retirement. Things started to change quickly after that, and for the worse.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/04/2020 at 23:27, MC Prussian said:

The documentary is something special. Go and watch it if you can. It's fantastic.

Just based on the first episode alone you can sense what player Jordan was from the start and how he helped turn the franchise and the league around.

The Golden Years of basketball, and I was lucky to have lived in that era, follow the sport turn into a phenomenon, up until Jordan's second retirement. Things started to change quickly after that, and for the worse.

In what sense? I watched it mid 2000s to maybe mid naughties and loved it. I can tell it used to be more physical back in the 80s/90s but I'm definitely interested in jumping back in and watching it again when it's back for good. 

2 hours ago, Ozwin said:

In what sense? I watched it mid 2000s to maybe mid naughties and loved it. I can tell it used to be more physical back in the 80s/90s but I'm definitely interested in jumping back in and watching it again when it's back for good. 

I think it became to show-offy, too much bling-bling and gangster after Jordan's second and final retirement.

I continued to follow the Raptors through the years, but to me, the league and the game lost their appeal as the years went by.

Also, the type of basketball back then was much more intriguing and less polished. Conferences seemed more balanced, most teams were able to beat each other. You had much more characters in the game, players could take a hit, rules were different.

To me, it seemed to be much more exciting than what it is today.

Imagine dirty teams like the Detroit Pistons back in the day competing in today's environment. Unthinkable.

Edited by MC Prussian

14 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I think it become to show-offy, too much bling-bling and gangster after Jordan's second and final retirement.

I continued to follow the Raptors through the years, but to me, the league and the game lost their appeal as the years went by.

Also, the type of basketball back then was much more intriguing and less polished. Conferences seemed more balanced, most teams were able to beat the other. You had much more characters in the game, players could take a hit, rules were different.

To me, it seemed to be much more exciting than what it is today.

The early 2000’s is definitely what you’re talking about. I think the malice in the palace changed a lot and by around 2008 I think the league was back at its strongest again. 

I watched Bulls/Heat from 2013 earlier and even compared to then today’s game is so different. 

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

No surprise. But it's now official. No more Vinsanity. Great career though.

https://www.espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id/29364093/vince-carter-officially-done-22-years-nba

I’ve been watching the nba properly for about 12 years...he was basically old when I started so never saw the best of him, but definitely a legend. Can’t imagine he will be first ballot HOF but he will get there. 

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

No surprise. But it's now official. No more Vinsanity. Great career though.

https://www.espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id/29364093/vince-carter-officially-done-22-years-nba

Got to see Vince play a few times when he was here with the Raptors. Obviously his departure was a bit sour and he was always booed when he returned. I think that softened as the years went by, maybe since the younger fans didn't know him lol

His first few years here were amazing and of course his legendary dunk contest win.

Best wishes to "Vin-sanity".

• Like 1

On 25/06/2020 at 13:06, spacemunky said:

Got to see Vince play a few times when he was here with the Raptors. Obviously his departure was a bit sour and he was always booed when he returned. I think that softened as the years went by, maybe since the younger fans didn't know him lol

His first few years here were amazing and of course his legendary dunk contest win.

Best wishes to "Vin-sanity".

Guys a massive tit. He did put us on the map but also took us back off with his antics. It's sad because i loved his game.  Things softened only after he left the nets but to me i can't forgive him for feckin us over. Refusing to dunk! Then lighting it up in NJ immediately. I went to a nets raps game in NJ and even though we lost, made sure to boo his arse.

If he had left without being a doosh i would have gotten over it.  It's a love hate relationship though. To me i respect him up until he started being a knob.

For me, all of our champion winners are ahead of this guy on respectability/legend status. Alvin williams, mopete definitely ahead of him for me. Heck, even Mr Bosh who ran to a stacked team (he didnt fake to get out though).

Still bitter. Nooooo lol.

Edited by Jattdogg

• 1 month later...

Just bit the bullet on the NBA game pass until the end of the season. 50% off atm with the code ‘SLAMDUNK50’.

Got plenty more time these days than usual so will see if I like it. Also downloaded the App to watch it on the PS4 via a temp Argentine account. Did it via a US one initially but that only works with the US accounts. The Argie one works with our international accounts.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Playoffs finally underway.

Raptors off to a great start with the win in the opener vs the Nets. Without KD and Kyrie the Nets don't really stand a chance.

Mavs and Clippers should be an exciting match up out west.

Not a huge NBA fan but I watched the first quarter of this and the Raptors already had a 17 point lead by then. I liked the look of that VanVleet fella.

• Like 1

Rsptors baby!

And on another level  glad that this video came out, cop was in the wrong and shows they cant always be trusted. Just think of all the situations not caught on camera whereby they always believe a cop over a citizen (of any colour for that matter)

https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/18/masai-ujiri-toronto-raptors-deputy-cop-shoved-video-nba-finals/

Edited by Jattdogg

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Rsptors baby!

And on another level  glad that this video came out, cop was in the wrong and shows they cant always be trusted. Just think of all the situations not caught on camera whereby they always believe a cop over a citizen (of any colour for that matter)

https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/18/masai-ujiri-toronto-raptors-deputy-cop-shoved-video-nba-finals/

They were saying the cop or security guy has already received over 200K in payments for his "pain & suffering". When did that occur exactly and I hope he has to pay all that money back. What a cvnt.