Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Iriekpen unimpressed with Leicester

Source - Times Online

Izzy Iriekpen, the S****horpe United captain, was less than impressed by the approach of a Leicester City team that took over from his side as leaders of Coca-Cola League One. “All they did was kick it for the front two to chase,” he said. “I don’t think they did anything else. We certainly didn’t deserve to lose.”

Iriekpen’s dismay at S****horpe’s failure to get the point they warranted is understandable, although the quality of the Leicester goals indicates that his verdict on them is harsh. Lloyd Dyer took his opportunity well after 22 minutes from Matty Fryatt’s cross to give them a lead cancelled out by an even crisper finish from Paul Hayes in the 32nd minute.

They were further chances for either side before the control of Andy King earned him an 81st-minute opening that he accepted stylishly from the edge of the area. “They were both cool finishes,” Nigel Pearson, the Leicester manager, said. He was busy after the match playing down expectations. “It is an important win, but it is only one win,” he said. “I don’t want to talk it up any more than that.” “There’s a long way to go between now and the end of the season.”

On this entertaining evidence, both sides are likely to be involved all the way to May, with Iriekpen adamant that S****horpe, third in the table, will recover from their setback. “It won’t affect our morale,” he said. “The last time we lost at home was against Leeds at the beginning of the season and look where we are now.”

S****horpe United (4-4-2): J Murphy – C Byrne, I Iriekpen, D Mirfin, M Williams – M Woolford, G McCann (sub: B May, 88min), M Sparrow (sub: K Pearce, 90), I Morris – P Hayes, G Hooper. Substitutes not used: J Lillis, G Thompson, A Wright.

Leicester City (4-4-2): P Henderson – M Edworthy (sub: J Hobbs, 74), A Tunchev, M Morrison, J Mattock (sub: C Powell, 65) – M Oakley, A King, B Berner, L Dyer – M Fryatt (sub: M-A Gradel, 83), D Campbell. Substitutes not used: D Martin, B Hayles.

Referee: F Graham. Attendance: 7,967.

Bitter? Sorry if this has already been posted.

Source

SKIPPER Izzy Iriekpen insists S****horpe United's home defeat in their top of the table clash with Leicester means nothing at this early stage of the season.

Goals from Lloyd Dyer and Andy King saw the Iron knocked off the top of League One into third spot as the Foxes ran out 2-1 winners at Glanford Park.

"How can this be decisive?" asked the 26-year-old player.

"They're two points ahead of us, but there's nothing decisive about that.

"There are loads of hard games to come for everyone. We've still got to go there and play them.

"We're not letting it get to us.

"That was the first game we've lost at home since the beginning of the season, against Leeds. That didn't get to us, so why should this?

"No-one has any edge at the moment. Once we come out of the other side of Christmas, we'll see where we are and take it from there.

"Yes we're disappointed to have lost, but luckily we've got a game tomorrow, at Tranmere, so we can play that and forget about Saturday."

Iriekpen admitted defensive mistakes cost the Iron dearly during the Leicester defeat, but is sticking by manager Nigel Adkins' entertaining philosophy.

"Leicester are a more defensive team, we're more of an open team. We go out there to play football" the centre-back continued.

"I thought they were average. They play for 1-0s.

"We don't like to concede goals, but we've got entertaining players, attacking players, players with flair.

"That leaves us more open for teams to counter-attack, but attacking is more important for us because you've got to score goals at the end of the day.

"They didn't have any imagination. We looked lively" he insisted.

"We were just unlucky, we didn't take our chances."

Some further bitterness added.

I havent posted in the LCFC forum for a while but i couldnt bite ny tongue on this one.

Izzy Iriekpen, you are a fcking ****, a sour faced dickhead, yor teams fcking whack, you dont play football at all you tosspot, you were beaten by a much better side in your own back yard you arsehole. Ive seen better Sunday league teams, we arent defensive, thats why we scored 2 goals (well actually it was more youre fault because your so crap) you fking shit twat.

You lost, we won, youre crap, get over it you sour bellend.

Thats is all.

I havent posted in the LCFC forum for a while but i couldnt bite ny tongue on this one.

Izzy Iriekpen, you are a fcking ****, a sour faced dickhead, yor teams fcking whack, you dont play football at all you tosspot, you were beaten by a much better side in your own back yard you arsehole. Ive seen better Sunday league teams, we arent defensive, thats why we scored 2 goals (well actually it was more youre fault because your so crap) you fking shit twat.

You lost, we won, youre crap, get over it you sour bellend.

Thats is all.

Spot on Rev. If it hadn't been for thier keeper we could have been 4-1 up at half-time. We took the game to them, and they struggled to cope with that.

Archived