Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

Why do people feel the need to write about 500 statuses/tweets

Why do they need to write a status/tweet at all?

Don't they realise that they are unimportant and no-one cares?

This is not a moan about the highways agency,in fact I think they have done a great job keeping most roads clear during

The current conditions.

It's clear that during heavy snow, as over the weekend, hills and even slopes are where most vehicles struggle causing

build backs and blockages.

Wouldn't it be possible to greatly increase the amount they apply to these areas?

I live on a bit of a hill and on friday evening we were out" helping" vehicles up the slope,not entirely altruistic,if the roads

gridlocked were stuck!

Or the H.A. could leave a few bags at pre- determined address and the locals could re-grit when necessary . O.K I might

spill a bit on my drive but surely a small price to pay.

On the steeper roads near me there are yellow grit bins for the local populace to chuck grit from.

Seems clear on my street which could mean other streets are OK. Need to go out later so not sure if I still need to wear boots. They are better for walking on slippery surfaces although I did slide a couple of times (without falling) yesterday on solid ice.