Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

Isn't your tube route underground?!

Yeah, but there's severe delays all over because of the overground bits I'm guessing :cool:

Check it. Word

Paddington to Covent Garden is fucked, woo.

Edit: Paddington Station's closed. I'm gonna walk down Edgeware Road and see what it's like.

Edited by Alexikokopops

Just back from the market. Many stalls are sprinkled with a light coating of snow meaning that permanent traders have been given the option of staying or leaving.

A few stalwarts, particularly those with safe-to-wet stock or fruit and veg, are sticking it out for the time being but with the forecast strongly suggesting there's worse to come no-one was expecting more than token business or that their optimism would last.

Hilarious here in London:

All buses cancelled.

All tube lines have severe delays - even the ones which don't go above ground!

Pathways are ungritted even though they knew this was coming

I'm sat in an empty office now as I walked to work this morning. Should have stayed in bed...

All buses cancelled.

I'm sat in an empty office now as I walked to work this morning. Should have stayed in bed...

lol

You have to laugh. I tiny bit of snow and the capital of the country grinds to a halt. It’s pathetic, and it happens every year.

lol

You have to laugh. I tiny bit of snow and the capital of the country grinds to a halt. It’s pathetic, and it happens every year.

this whole country is pathetic when it comes to snow , i can understand why people would be late to work but to take the day off when theres only a about in inch of snow is crazy. all the main roads are fine and all other roads will be in the next half an hour.

this whole country is pathetic when it comes to snow , i can understand why people would be late to work but to take the day off when theres only a about in inch of snow is crazy. all the main roads are fine and all other roads will be in the next half an hour.

Well if you've seen Alex's picture and seen images of the M25 you'll understand why i've picked up my dressing gown rather than chancing it.

Oh shit! I hope TGF Pizza are still delivering today.

All buses cancelled.

Took me an hour to get in! Twice as long as usual. Got some lovely photos on the way though. I'll stick them up here when I've finished getting them on my computer

Junction Place, a road off Praed Street which runs alongside Paddington Station

IMG00036-20090202-0904.jpg

Sale Place, the next road from Junction Place and just before Edgeware Road

IMG00037-20090202-0905.jpg

Piccadilly Circus

IMG00039-20090202-0933.jpg

Leicester Square

IMG00041-20090202-0937.jpg

Leicester Square again

IMG00042-20090202-0938.jpg

The view to Covent Garden from the tube. Slushy here

IMG00044-20090202-0945.jpg

Endell Street, near Covent Garden tube. That's my work building on the right there

IMG00045-20090202-0946.jpg

Edited by Alexikokopops