Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Davies Back!!!

Davies Available

Davies Available For Orient Clash

Posted on: Fri 09 Jan 2009

Leicester City have this afternoon completed a loan deal to secure the services of Wolves midfielder Mark Davies until Sunday, February 1.

The 20-year-old returned to Molineux when his initial one-month spell with the Foxes concluded on Sunday.

Davies made six appearances during his stay - and most recently started the FA Cup third round contest against Crystal Palace last weekend.

And the youngster will now be available for City's League One clash against Leyton Orient on Saturday.

Article continues

Advertisement

City boss Nigel Pearson said: "Mark has done very well for us since he joined and I am delighted to have been able to secure his services until the end of the month."

Davies made his debut for the Foxes as a second half substitute in their 3-2 FA Cup second round victory over Dagenham and Redbridge.

He has made a total of 35 appearances for Wolves since progressing from the club's Academy in 2005 - scoring two goals along the way.

Great news.

I've got a penis on.

Great news :D

knowitall was wrong :whistle:

Partly:

Mark Davies has returned to Wolves. Leicester are still trying to bring him back on loan. I believe this will not happen. I think either wolves will play him or theres a Championship club wanting to loan him. I hope I am wrong.

He said we were still trying which was correct but 'speculated' that we may not succeed, which was wrong.

Therefore his facts were correct but his guesswork was incorrect - nothing wrong with that.

Get in!

Please can we keep him after the loan though? For good? Pretty please.

Also you know there is a rule on the amount of loans throughout a season (Is it 5? :dunno) does this class as 2 of those 5 loanees, as we have had him under 2 loan spells?

Although if the maximum loans you are allowed is 5 we have gone over that anyway :giggle: So maybe I am wrong in saying 5 loan players max. :dunno:

Martin (x2 - We extended this till the end of the season didn't we?)

Hobbs

Gilbert

Davies (x2)

Meh. A sticking plaster solution.

Happy he is back...but this is only to the end of the month people. We haven't won the League.

I want to see something more positive than this during this window.

Meh. A sticking plaster solution.

Happy he is back...but this is only to the end of the month people. We haven't won the League.

I want to see something more positive than this during this window.

It sounds as though we've been lucky to get him at all, I'm for one very grateful even if he goes back and doesn't return after just this month.

It sounds as though we've been lucky to get him at all, I'm for one very grateful even if he goes back and doesn't return after just this month.

If he plays in the next four league matches (assuming we play Huddersfield) and we can take at least 10 points, he'll have contributed to helping us achieve 23 points from the nine league matches he'll have played in.

That's a big contribution, and could be vital at the end of the season.

Get in!

Please can we keep him after the loan though? For good? Pretty please.

Also you know there is a rule on the amount of loans throughout a season (Is it 5? :dunno) does this class as 2 of those 5 loanees, as we have had him under 2 loan spells?

Although if the maximum loans you are allowed is 5 we have gone over that anyway :giggle: So maybe I am wrong in saying 5 loan players max. :dunno:

Martin (x2 - We extended this till the end of the season didn't we?)

Hobbs

Gilbert

Davies (x2)

These are the rules as given to me on or around May 2007.

Since season 2005/06 Football League clubs have been subject to FIFA's registration and transfer rules which included the introduction of transfer windows between the end of the season and 31st August and during the month of January, i.e. 1st to 31st.

The rules affected both permanent and loan transfers and in order to comply The League amended its own regulations governing this area. Previous restrictions on the length of loan periods were altered to allow players of all ages to be loaned from window to window for either a half or full season. Clubs are allowed to register a maximum of eight such signings, four under 23 and a further four over 23 in any season, with only two of the latter age group being allowed to come from the same club.

Additionally, The League, with the approval of the FA, made provision for clubs to take players on short term emergency loans during the closed periods in exceptional circumstances – there is no limit on the number of emergency loans.

As in previous seasons, no more than five loan players will be allowed to feature in a club's 16 man matchday squad.

The transfer deadline of the fourth Thursday in March in each season still applies.

The regulations are contained in The League's Handbook which is available to purchase from this office. Please advise if you would like to receive a publications pro-forma for the 2007/08 season.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Patricia Brown

Customer Services

The Football League

www.football-league.co.uk

Archived