Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Out of the Cup

On the train from Selhurst.

Tuinchev looked in pain - not sure what he did, seemed to be off the ball. Morrison OK when he came on.

Dickov was pretty poor, but didn't get great service. We badly missed Davies - King and Berner don't have the attacking brain or creativity.

Oakley was garbage, Gradel didn't look comfortable on the left and got frustrated at times - he's definitely lacking the early season spark

and doesn't seem as capable of beating a man.

Howard needs to take a bit more responsibility for shooting - he's doing well in his role, laying it off and setting up the other man but could take a chance every now and then.

Chambers looked lively and probably worth a start if Fryatt's not fit next game.

Strange final substitution by Pearson - swapping right-backs at two down? What has Porter done to big Nige?!

Oh, and it was COLD.

Would be nice to see Gradel given nod ahead of Dyer maybe on Monday night. The goal could give him a bit more confidence. Would be nice to see Chambers given a chance off the bench on Monday too instead of Dickov.

Fingers crossed on Tunchev though!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke to my brother who was at the game.

Apparently the Tunchev injury is serious. His knee gave way with no-one near him. That could be the end of his season. :(

Questions have to be asked about the manager's decision to select him, especially when other key players were rested. His decision to risk Tunchev on a difficult pitch could have devastating consequences for player and club.

Suddenly a top-two finish seems a lot less certain. Signing an experienced central defender is an absolute must.

So what category would you put Gradel rolling around like an absolute twat in?

Kid growing up and trying to make something out of nothing in a misguided fashion?

Would be nice to see Gradel given nod ahead of Dyer maybe on Monday night. The goal could give him a bit more confidence. Would be nice to see Chambers given a chance off the bench on Monday too instead of Dickov.

Fingers crossed on Tunchev though!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, I think you can forget Tunchev. :mad:

We should rest our best players against some of the shite we play in this league and not against the best team we've played since Fulham in the FA Cup 3rd round. I think it's a bit of a disgrace and not nice for the fans who went tonight. FA Cup is amazin if you get past the first few rounds. Totally gutted

Disagree completely.

This season one thing matters and one thing only - getting out of this league asap before we "do a Forest" and stagnate. 100% effort to the league, fuck the cup, fook Paint Trophys, League Cups and any other distractions.

One goal. One league. One tour.

You can keep your sentiment for the FAmous Cup for when we're a shit midtable Championship side again.

Disagree completely.

This season one thing matters and one thing only - getting out of this league asap before we "do a Forest" and stagnate. 100% effort to the league, fook the cup, fook Paint Trophys, League Cups and any other distractions.

One goal. One league. One tour.

You can keep your sentiment for the FAmous Cup for when we're a shit midtable Championship side again.

:worship:

Disagree completely.

This season one thing matters and one thing only - getting out of this league asap before we "do a Forest" and stagnate. 100% effort to the league, fuck the cup, fook Paint Trophys, League Cups and any other distractions.

Yes getting out of this league is the main thing but I've been to most games this season and we are cruisin. Alot of the time it seems like we only in third gear. I don't think there's any chance we will finish below 2nd (even after what happened to tunch earlier). I can see the quality of our squad shining through in this league. We have got the quality to cope with a cup run. Cant understand how anyone could say **** the FA Cup

Just back poor game to be honest went up with a couple of palace mates who agreed

Think we matched them to be honest but without Dyer, Fryatt and Davies we didn't create much and tbh we didn't really give them many problems thought Howard was pretty good tonight - Dickov was aweful and i think Oakley had a very poor game as well. Gutted about tunch hope its not serious

to be honest the league is the most important thing, Pearson obviously knows this hence the changes

I almost forgot. We aint gonna be a shit championship side again. We've got a decent manager for the 1st time in a while and a bit of money. We on the up. Next season will be a top 10 one. Anyone who thinks we might struggle to get 2nd in this league with our squad is blind to what's facing em

Just got back from what was a desperately poor game of football. We only came alive in the last 15 minutes. The Tunchev injury looked very bad, sorry to say. He was waving his arms straight away, it had the hallmarks of a knee ligament injury in the way he went down. I was watching him at the time and he had his weight shifted onto one leg... then he went down.

Gradel's goal really was a consolation, I don't think you can take much out of it really. His final ball was very poor today.

Oh, and Oakley really should have scored from 2 yards. Other than that we created nothing.

It was great meeting the Foxestalk guys in Victoria station and on the way to the ground. However, this evening's support was poor despite our numbers. There were a number of disturbances in our own fans. Not least, a few kids next to us I assume friends of some of the guys on here who were chanting united songs for half the game, and wereinvolved in lets just say an extremely distastful and irrelevant abuse in my general direction. Glad to say he was thrown out as a result. Jobber had a right go at them quite rightly. Wish I had moved at half time with Alex, TPH & Fez.

Yes getting out of this league is the main thing but I've been to most games this season and we are cruisin. Alot of the time it seems like we only in third gear. I don't think there's any chance we will finish below 2nd (even after what happened to tunch earlier). I can see the quality of our squad shining through in this league. We have got the quality to cope with a cup run. Cant understand how anyone could say **** the FA Cup

You've obviously been watching these games with your eyes closed. :dunno:

Sure we look like a decent side for this level but there haven't been a vast amount of games in which I've come away thinking "hah, our RESERVES could have won that!" Go and look at the league table again, are we 20 odd points clear? Are we fuck. Go ask a Swansea fan what happened to them under Jackett 05/06, this league isn't a cake-walk.

We've got one striker on incredible form, that's it. When his bubble bursts or if he gets injured we're fucked. There's a long, long way to go yet and risking players for a cup we aren't going to win is a joke.

I almost forgot. We aint gonna be a shit championship side again. We've got a decent manager for the 1st time in a while and a bit of money. We on the up. Next season will be a top 10 one. Anyone who thinks we might struggle to get 2nd in this league with our squad is blind to what's facing em

Oh give over. As if your attitudes to the middle East weren't overly simplified enough, your opinions on football aren't much more well thought out either. Don't be naive. We've got a hell of a lot of building yet to do, if we're much more than a midtable Championship side next season I'll be bloody amazed. We could do without dillusional muppets heaping all too much pressure on the side about now. Be patient, accept mediocrity if it's a step up from abysmal.

In the words of good old Slow Hand, let it blossom, let it grow.

Poor poor game, shit atmosphere. Neither side looked particularly good.

The main difference playing a Championship side is that our players had less time on the ball.

Really concerned about Tunchev, I didn't see any contact between him and anyone else but was following the ball. A couple around me said there was contact with another player.

Does anyone have any news on Tunchev?

You've obviously been watching these games with your eyes closed. :dunno:

Sure we look like a decent side for this level but there haven't been a vast amount of games in which I've come away thinking "hah, our RESERVES could have won that!" Go and look at the league table again, are we 20 odd points clear? Are we fuck. Go ask a Swansea fan what happened to them under Jackett 05/06, this league isn't a cake-walk.

We've got one striker on incredible form, that's it. When his bubble bursts or if he gets injured we're fucked. There's a long, long way to go yet and risking players for a cup we aren't going to win is a joke.

Oh give over. As if your attitudes to the middle East weren't overly simplified enough, your opinions on football aren't much more well thought out either. Don't be naive. We've got a hell of a lot of building yet to do, if we're much more than a midtable Championship side next season I'll be bloody amazed. We could do without dillusional muppets heaping all too much pressure on the side about now. Be patient, accept mediocrity if it's a step up from abysmal.

In the words of good old Slow Hand, let it blossom, let it grow.

My attitude towards middle east weren't simplified. It just wasn't the official line. Was the other side. U ought read a bit of Fisk!

I'mnot heaping any pressure on the players. U say i'm a dillusional muppet, but i say anyone who thinks we aren't too good for this league is dillusional. We'll see who's right in April or May. There's a couple of teams in this league who come close to us and no more

My attitude towards middle east weren't simplified. It just wasn't the official line. Was the other side. U ought read a bit of Fisk!

I'mnot heaping any pressure on the players. U say i'm a dillusional muppet, but i say anyone who thinks we aren't too good for this league is dillusional. We'll see who's right in April or May. There's a couple of teams in this league who come close to us and no more

History has plenty of examples of teams running away with a league and looking unbeatable only to collapse in a dramatic fashion on the run in.

If not naive your language is highly presumptuous.

Archived