Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Arctic Monkeys 3rd Album

HAHA, Next big thing and they george bested it !

They will fade away now, like i said before. Kasabian are a bigger band than them now. The Enemy are a better band then them Even the Reverend And The Makers new album is better.

They have flopped big time.

1 good album and that will be it for these indie tarts.

now I know your having a giraffe the 2nd Enemy album is an absolute shocker if your talking about bands bottling it then they are the ultimate they believed there own hype and produced an absolute Turkey of a record

They will fade away now, like i said before. Kasabian are a bigger band than them now. The Enemy are a better band then them Even the Reverend And The Makers new album is better.

I'm still making my mind up tbh but this is laughable

They've gone for craft over immediacy, which I'm inclined to admire instinctively, I just can't tell whether they've hit bullseye yet. It might be that this is a bit too halfway and they'll peak next album.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You have absolutely no idea... lol

The new Reverend album is absolute toss aids. Woeful effort.

Pretty Visitors is my favourite track of the year without a doubt.

Heard it for the first time on Zane Lowe last night (no internet at home = no new music :cry:) and its massive. Great track. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album on the strength of the first 2 songs i've heard.

The new Reverend album is absolute toss aids. Woeful effort.

They did an instore performance in Fopp Nottingham last week apparently, and there were about ten people there. My complete disinterest in them for once doesn't put me out of step with public opinion, it would seem.

Hurray

Yeah I've always liked the reverand's lyrics but musically never grabbed me, some of my (41) albums arrived yesterday and have listened to the new arctic album, I like it, not as instant as the first 2 but with a few more listens I think it will be great, someone posted that they didnt care about musical progression why not? The last thing I want from a band I like is the same album remade whats the point of that? Fair play to the arctics the album wont please everyone but who cares?

Yeah I've always liked the reverand's lyrics but musically never grabbed me, some of my (41) albums arrived yesterday and have listened to the new arctic album, I like it, not as instant as the first 2 but with a few more listens I think it will be great, someone posted that they didnt care about musical progression why not? The last thing I want from a band I like is the same album remade whats the point of that? Fair play to the arctics the album wont please everyone but who cares?

Have to agree, i'm likeing more after every listen.

Like what someone else has already said its definitely a grower.

I listened to the Reverend album today, and I thought it was very poor. I think I even forgot I was listening to it in some points.

I'm just glad it was only 6 songs. Anymore and i would have killed someone.

Stick to Mongrel now Rev.

This is from the official forum , sort of all makes sense about what each song is about , Alex Turner=Genius

my propeller: sorry if its a bit vulgar for you all, but it is a metaphor for his penis, it is about him receiving head, he can't be bothered or its just not the same on his own

its just innuendo

Crying Lightning: I think what someone said earlier was right, a take on "crying wolf" to an extent, just the feeling of dealing with a fairly manipulative and bitchy woman, which seems to be a fairly consistent theme throughout the album, more so than a fooking ocean. However, this song is a bit difficult to interpret I think

Dangerous Animals: more so than crying lightning about a manipulative women that he's chasing, clear in "the way you keep me in pirsuit" and "im pinned down by the dark A-N-I-M-A-L"

Secret Door: I agree with the sentiments about how it could be how the boys deal with their girlfriends respective fame. Alexa as an MTV presenter or whatever she is and jamies girl as a model or whatever, this seems the most likely meaning

Potion Approaching: I think it could be about two things, maybe morphed together: sex and drugs

hear comes the ocean part: simply a metaphor for a woman. In general. I dont think its simply a vagina as suggested, but in general, a woman as a whole. If you have a woman, certain things happen. But i dont think alex is as literal as saying alexas vagina is all he wants, in a chorus

the potion approaching part, however, is mildly suspicious :)

drugs "embellishing the banks of our bloodstreams" great wordplay, could be about something completely else though

Fire and the Thud: so simple.. why does everyone complicate it?? general theme is that alexa was going away and he wants to follow, but is not sure if the "fire' in the relationship, the spark, the love, will be followed by the "thud", or the end. why so difficult people? no ocean there

Cornerstone: I agree it is probably about joanna, clearly about wanting someone back, but actually not wanting them, I think

Dance little Liar: as everyone has said, about lying and the heavy hearts and all that involved. Fairly literal

Pretty Visitors: the mosh pit explanation for "cast the shadow of a snake pit on the wall" is most correct, no idea about the verses, very quick and hurried, not a clue

Jewellers Hands: I like the romanticism of the link to homme, but im not entirely sure. could be about an experienced lover, or an experienced person in general...

the thing is, the homme link seems likely, only that the boys have stated that the songs were written before the desert experience... doesnt make sense then

so lover?

Cornerstone lyrics are Different Class era Cocker. Took me a while to notice them, they're actually sort of filthy in a Pencil Skirt-esque way.

Agree.

Stand out song for me.

Downloaded late last night and have been listening to it on repeat on the way to work this morning.

My Propeller has already grown on me after 3 or 4 listens.

Pretty Visitors and Crying Lightning are both fantastic and vintage Monkeys.

As for the rest i've not yet gotten totally into but i can sense it will be a grower.

Im sticking my neck out here and saying Pretty Visitors is the best track on this album , I Know this might sound weird but it reminds me of The Beatles-I am the Walrus , like the chrous is easy to understand but the versus dont have clear meanings !! but that adds to the genius of it

My Propeller has been the biggest grower for me, it's fantastic.

Pretty Visitors is the best song on the album. Cornerstone, Dangerous Animals, Crying Lightning & Dance Little Liar are quality too.

I do think that Jeweller's Hands is tad disappointing as a closing song.

This album really is brilliant.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived