Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Arctic Monkeys 3rd Album

Probally the most over-rated band in history, decent first album and the second just proved they were nothing great.

I think Kasabian are a better and bigger band now.

I reckon I agree with you about Kasabian actually.

Don't agree that t'Monkeys are over-rated tho. I didn't like the 2nd album as much as the first, and it's all getting a bit pretentious now but I still think they're a fantastic band with so much talent, I just wish they'd stay a bit more like the first album.

Probally the most over-rated band in history, decent first album and the second just proved they were nothing great.

Kasabian are admittedly riding a wave of popularity at the moment but to me their records sound like sub GCSE poetry mumbled over the demo of a new multi effects unit from a CD off the cover of a guitar magazine. I've seen them live twice and was completely underawed both times. There were so many extraneous noises and effects that I wondered if it would have made any difference to the sound if the band had left the stage. The kids were loving it though, so you can hardly say the template doesn't work.

I'm going to sound about 100 years old now, but I like Arctic Monkeys because they can actually play (the drummer, in particular, is fantastic) and there's a bit of a sense of urgency to the music. It sounds like it means something to them. I think they got lucky with the mega sales of the first album though, because let's be honest, huge units shifted doesn't always equate to brilliant records

Over rated band in history ??? :huh: , i dont think so , just cause they blew up during the first album and they were everywhere , suddenly people turn on them saying there crap over rated blah blah , im sure if you ask them did they want all that hype NO , Alex Turner even said dont believe the hype , i think their second album was absolute class , lyrically maybe better than their first ??? I dont bum them or anything but their are far worse over rated bands out there, The Enemy maybe?, plus you cant compare monkeys and kasabian different sounding bands

Comparing AM's and Kasabian is pointless for me.

The 2 best Rock bands around in my opinion these days and can't wait for this new album. Agreed about 1st being better but tracks like 505, do me a favour and Teddy Picker were belters.

Always remember the huge rimming 505 got on here, although it was deserved!

lol I love Kasabian, but this quite simply isn't true.

Erm it definitely is my friend. Technically the Kasabian drummer is one of the best around in a band that is, Matt Helders has an interesting and pretty nice drum style, but technically he is no where near as good.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a some news and a video for the small few who actually appreciate the way they're maturing as musicians/a band.

Crying Lightning, the new single, is going to be played on Radio 1 tonight and shall be avaliable for download from midnight on itunes, or from here (illegally) right now ^_^ .

The video below is from last nights festival performance in Vienna, the song's called 'Secret Door'.

For everyone else... if you didn't like the change from Whatever People... to FWN, you ain't going to like this album i'm afraid. :D

Not sure about Crying Lightening yet, may take a few listens, looking forward to the new album though.

I'd probably write something like this myself. On first listen I'm not hugely moist with anticipation but still very much looking forward to the new album.

EDIT: Second listen, even better.

Exactly the kind of thing I was expecting after reading reviews of the album..liking the darker sound of this track and looking forward to the album :D

Craig was right...if you didnt like the change between the first two albums you're probably not going to like this :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived