Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

David Martin.

I've slagged him off as many have but the last few games he has impressed me and would like to praise him, Made some important saves that have won us and kept us in games.

Having said all that, I'd still be more confident with Henderson in goal - I know he is injured at the moment.

He's changed my mind and improved at the same time. At first he looks like a risk taker, but he's actually just very pacey for a goalkeeper and that saves our defence a lot of problems, especially now they know he's going to come for them. He kicked a ball more than 3/4 of the length of the pitch tonight, too.

There's bound to be the odd quibble saying that he wasn't down quick enough for this or that goal, or that he kicked a clearance to the opposition, but...

Seriously, how many goals or near-goals has the bloke caused this season?! Maybe age and beer have destroyed my brain cells, but I can remember very few.

At the moment I'd say that Henderson is marginally the better keeper, but Martin is closing fast and his is what? 20 years old? He has his whole career in front of him and if he's this good at 20, there's every chance he'll be seriously good at 28 or 30 or 35 or 40 or whenever keepers peak.

There's been too much criticism of this bloke on here! I'd love to see him stay next year and longer.

There's bound to be the odd quibble saying that he wasn't down quick enough for this or that goal, or that he kicked a clearance to the opposition, but...

Seriously, how many goals or near-goals has the bloke caused this season?! Maybe age and beer have destroyed my brain cells, but I can remember very few.

At the moment I'd say that Henderson is marginally the better keeper, but Martin is closing fast and his is what? 20 years old? He has his whole career in front of him and if he's this good at 20, there's every chance he'll be seriously good at 28 or 30 or 35 or 40 or whenever keepers peak.

There's been too much criticism of this bloke on here! I'd love to see him stay next year and longer.

Amen to that. From what I have seen this season, I have preferred Martin.

I thought he had a very good game tonight, admittedly he didn't have a save to make, but he looked very confident when going for high balls into our box. He's improved a lot over the last few games. Does anyone know if Mike Stowell is still at City, if not who is the goalkeeping coach?

Archived