Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

We can't play on the same day.

that's not true at all. just shows how these wankers at the council haven't got a clue. our club is rapidly becoming a joke, which is a shame because the team are finally starting to make us look like a proper football club on the pitch. this ruling means that we'll have to change our match dates because the trend is that the tigers have increasingly been given priority and usage of our stadium when they're prepared to pay. this shouldn't be happening.

The council have taken the only sensible option. The city's infrastructure can't cope with 50000+ fans on the same day. Why should residents suffer because of the clubs' intransigence?

if we allow ourselves to be rolled over by a load of egg-chasing stuck-up twats it will be really embarrassing. we must be the only city-based football club in the country who regularly capitulate to the demands of a rugby club. this final match of the season debacle is a case in point. it's not our fault that the tigers wanted to expand their ground and thus can't use it for their final match. that's their problem. if they want to expand their ground that's fine with me but i really have got a problem when Leicester City FC puts a Leicester Tigers fixture ahead of a city fixture. i couldn't give a flying fook if the egg-chaser regulations means they have to play their final match on a specific date. i really coudn't. this is the tigers' mess and they should have thought of this much earlier - early enough so that we could plan a different date and we wouldn't have to move. am i the only one that thinks this whole episode about the final match is completely humiliating? other clubs must look on us as a complete laughing stock.

Well stuff them if they do - it's got nothing to do with them anyway.

OK, Tigers cocked up the dates for the demolition of the stand, but they're presumably paying a sizeable amount to Mandaric for renting the Way. So it's extra income for the club which we can ill-afford to turn down. We should have been promoted by then anyway so it shouldn't affect us.

our decline in recent years and the success of the tigers has seen a gradual trend in them becoming more important than us - even tho we still attract bigger crowds than them at the lowest point in our whole history. this will continue as long as we are outside the premiership and i can guarantee that with them having european games and more matches on the TV we will have to move more often than them than they will for us. i'm really fed up and completely disappointed.

They've had more matches than us on TV for quite a few seasons now. And this has usually meant them having to switch kickoff times and dates. I see no reason why this situation shouldn't continue next season.

If we were ever again to be a top-10 Premier League side, we too would have our games switched. But we'd accept that as a price worth paying for success.

Leicester's a multi-sport city - fact. If you can't deal with that you can always switch to Derby or Cov.

How about the Tiggers & Foxes play at the Walkers at the same time, only we only use 1 half and they have the other and we agree to play across the pitch instaed of being greedy and using a whole pitch?

Eh?

Eh?

Done :thumbup:

with 5-a-side goals lol

The council have taken the only sensible option. The city's infrastructure can't cope with 50000+ fans on the same day. Why should residents suffer because of the clubs' intransigence?

Well stuff them if they do - it's got nothing to do with them anyway.

OK, Tigers cocked up the dates for the demolition of the stand, but they're presumably paying a sizeable amount to Mandaric for renting the Way. So it's extra income for the club which we can ill-afford to turn down. We should have been promoted by then anyway so it shouldn't affect us.

They've had more matches than us on TV for quite a few seasons now. And this has usually meant them having to switch kickoff times and dates. I see no reason why this situation shouldn't continue next season.

If we were ever again to be a top-10 Premier League side, we too would have our games switched. But we'd accept that as a price worth paying for success.

Leicester's a multi-sport city - fact. If you can't deal with that you can always switch to Derby or Cov.

that's not the point. if we don't have ultimate priority at our own ground it's a sad state of affairs.

derby or cov? steady on. :blink:

Again them being on Sky and having to move games is not our problem, It's theirs - They don't have to move their games due to us they have to move their games due to Sky - Which infact did affect us earlier this season wasn't one of their games on Sky at 5pm or something like that so what had to Kick Off at lunchtime? I'm sure we did :dunno:, and we are not discussing that, This does affect us though, and their problem has become our problem, I'll say it again Tigers - fook em'.

Doesn't matter how much I say that though, Or how much we discuss it simple fact is we will have to move our game to accommodate them, again.

Ultra, why can't the city of Leicester cope wth 40-50.000 spectators?

Because too many fans travel in cars from out of town. There aren't enough parking spaces for them, and the traffic network goes into gridlock when the games finish. This causes issues for emergency services.

I also note that in Leeds, although the football and rugby league clubs play on opposite sides of the city, they never do so on the same day.

If a city twice our size is unable to cope, it's no surprise that we can't either.

To be honest it shouldn't really affect much next season. Hull AFC and Hull FC can't play on the same day, Reading and London Irish can't play on the same day, Watford and Saracens can't play on the same day yet you don't see Hull, Watford and Reading playing on Friday evenings or Sunday afternoons all the time except for TV.

Because too many fans travel in cars from out of town. There aren't enough parking spaces for them, and the traffic network goes into gridlock when the games finish. This causes issues for emergency services.

I also note that in Leeds, although the football and rugby league clubs play on opposite sides of the city, they never do so on the same day.

If a city twice our size is unable to cope, it's no surprise that we can't either.

It probably helps that the football and rugby league seasons don't overlap too much though.

It does, but their crowds are much smaller than those at the Tigers.

Tigers and the Rhinos are the best-supported rugby teams in the Northern Hemisphere.

no but Leeds get more fans then we do so it probably adds up to about the same number

This need not be a problem.

The Football League issues the fixtures, gives them to the RFL, who then work out Tigers home games for when we are away.

And no-one, not even the SAG, needs to poke their nose in afterwards.

Obviously, some Cup weekends are potential problem dates, but that should be about it.

And as I said in a previous post, we should be looking at closing Highcross due to the large number of shoppers in close proximity to other city centre shops. :rolleyes:

This need not be a problem.

The Football League issues the fixtures, gives them to the RFL, who then work out Tigers home games for when we are away.

And no-one, not even the SAG, needs to poke their nose in afterwards.

Obviously, some Cup weekends are potential problem dates, but that should be about it.

And as I said in a previous post, we should be looking at closing Highcross due to the large number of shoppers in close proximity to other city centre shops. :rolleyes:

Correct. They wait for our fixtures and work around them. Then any clashes they move because we are bigger and better. Simples. :thumbup:

Given the rugby fans are incredibly placid and a city the size of Leicester should be able to cope with a 50'000 crowd, that seems really pathetic to me.

I agree dont man u, arsenal and newcastle all hold over 50,000 anyway? :dunno:

And also the fact that people in London rarely drive to games because there's a decent public transport system in place.

That would be a novelty for Leicester, we've not had one since they were privatised.

That would be a novelty for Leicester, we've not had one since they were privatised.

Last night, for example, instead of a double decker bus turning up, they used a single decker. Great planning Arriva. To make things worse, there was a poster on the bus telling us that they listen to our comments. Listen, then ignore, perhaps.

Last night, for example, instead of a double decker bus turning up, they used a single decker. Great planning Arriva. To make things worse, there was a poster on the bus telling us that they listen to our comments. Listen, then ignore, perhaps.

What bus do you get Lise?

When I'm in Leicester, I get the 84/A to the city centre, and that's double decker, but often I have to get a different bus. On Saturday night, two less-than-half-full buses passed by my stop, when I was clearly indicating I wanted to get it, drove on past. The bus stop stated that those buses stopped there, so I was annoyed that they didn't stop.

Anyway, it was Arriva's loss, as I got a First bus instead, and my money went to a reliable service.

What bus do you get Lise?

When I'm in Leicester, I get the 84/A to the city centre, and that's double decker, but often I have to get a different bus. On Saturday night, two less-than-half-full buses passed by my stop, when I was clearly indicating I wanted to get it, drove on past. The bus stop stated that those buses stopped there, so I was annoyed that they didn't stop.

Anyway, it was Arriva's loss, as I got a First bus instead, and my money went to a reliable service.

84/84A/85 - Arriva

It's a shocking service; we quite often walk the 4 miles to the game rather than hand over money to what is a joke of a public transport service.

Archived