Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

And another Tiger's game

Bentleys Roof can exclusively reveal that the Quarter Final of the Heineken Cup between Tigers and Bath will be played at the Walkers Stadium on the weekend of 11th of April, just a couple of days before our home clash with Leeds. Once again the powers that be have taken a commercial decision and disregarded any home advantage we may have.

As we move into the latter stages of the season and push on to win this league we have to win games like this. We cannot afford to give up any advantage to teams like Leeds who, quite frankly, are third division clobberers. For the first time in ages we are seeing a team that plays fluid passing football and the Club should be doing everything it can to ensure we have these conditions at home and not allow some hairy arsed neanderthals to plough up our turf days before such an important game.

The fans are not thinking third division football, the players are not playing third division football, yet the Club are acting third division.

It won't be long before Tiggers fans turn up at The Walkers totally confused where they are supposed to be playing.

pound_sign.png

Obviously I understand this, but surely Mandaric's priority is to see us competing in what is a massive game for us on a top quality pitch.

Just don't get why we should suffer because they can't match demand for tickets, if that's the reason.

No amount of money they pay us will even be close to compensating us if we fail to get promoted.

I can't be arsed to slag them off anymore, but our club really needs to tell them where to go.

Maybe Lise or Raj could bring it up at the next fans' meeting?

fook sakes. When will the Tigers learn the atmosphere in the Walkers is shite!

Welford Road is a fortress!

Don't see what the City fans are moaning about, this is worse news for the rugby to be honest. We're a tidy club with tidy groundsmen, most of the time, one game of rugby isn't going to destroy our season and we'll get money for their playing here. What's the problem?

You're just having a whinge because it's rugby. Grow up!

fook sakes. When will the Tigers learn the atmosphere in the Walkers is shite!

Welford Road is a fortress!

Don't see what the City fans are moaning about, this is worse news for the rugby to be honest. We're a tidy club with tidy groundsmen, most of the time, one game of rugby isn't going to destroy our season and we'll get money for their playing here. What's the problem?

You're just having a whinge because it's rugby. Grow up!

I agree Finners, although Welford Road isn't what it once was.

Don't the Tigers remember what happened the last time we played Bath at the Walkers?

The only good atmosphere there for any Rugby game there was the Llanelli game and that was coming from the Welsh end.

One or two games won't affect the pitch unless we get significant rainfall before, or during the games. Look at Reading, they groundshare with London Irish, yet have scored the most goals in the Football League.

It's not like we're having to move a kick off time because of this match. Although there's a chance Sky might do I suppose.

The only good atmosphere there for any Rugby game there was the Llanelli game and that was coming from the Welsh end.

:cool:

Although, actually, I was one of about two Scarlets in the Tigers end. Egg and my face were in alignment when Barry Davies lost his footing for your last try.

What part of the £14m loss did you not get? :dunno:

If we don't go up, we won't be blaming one game played on a somewhat worn pitch. And if we are, we're seriously, seriously fucking stupid.

:appl::appl::appl:

Next season, once their new stand is opened, they won't have to come near the Way.

Mixing one part paranoia with two parts of bitter sectarian bile does not produce a very edifying cocktail.

And to think folk on here slag off those who ring up the moan-in.. :rolleyes:

Archived