Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

And another Tiger's game

Maybe Lise or Raj could bring it up at the next fans' meeting?

"We don't agree with the extra revenue coming in from renting the stadium to the Tiggers". :dunno:

My heart says "fook off", but my head knows that there isn't a business case against it; and having made a £14m loss, any sentimental argument isn't going to work.

The Tiggers fan at work is not pleased about it. She has said that there would be no extra demand for this game, warranting them playing away from Welford Road. For the record, she isn't posh; she lives in Erdington.

:giggle:

i think we should say no tigers on both games.

they have known for ages that there last game of the season would interfere with there ground expansion so why should we suffer?!?! its completely there own falut and should be made to play at northampton or something.

I would be very interested to see how much the tigers pay to 'rent' out the walkers. I cannot see it being a huge sum, as surely the only reason to play at our ground is becuase of its capacity. So say 10,000 extra fans paying £15? gives you £150K. Cant see tigers paying 100K to borrow it for one game, can you? :dunno:

I would be very interested to see how much the tigers pay to 'rent' out the walkers. I cannot see it being a huge sum, as surely the only reason to play at our ground is becuase of its capacity. So say 10,000 extra fans paying £15? gives you £150K. Cant see tigers paying 100K to borrow it for one game, can you? :dunno:

Actually it's closer to 15k extra. And we have far better corporate facilities.

£100k would be a decent deal for them.

"We don't agree with the extra revenue coming in from renting the stadium to the Tiggers". :dunno:

My heart says "fook off", but my head knows that there isn't a business case against it; and having made a £14m loss, any sentimental argument isn't going to work.

The Tiggers fan at work is not pleased about it. She has said that there would be no extra demand for this game, warranting them playing away from Welford Road. For the record, she isn't posh; she lives in Erdington.

:giggle:

Now I've thought about it, it does make business sense.

Just a pain really.

Im sorry but this being a business move is ridiculous. The club loses up to £500,000 contract for the sponsorship of a shirt stating it is for the fans, then moves our last home game of the season from a Saturday 3PM to accomodate a more minor sporting event. Do they care about the fans my arse.

I really, really, REALLY wish some of you anti-rugby fans would fuck off and get a brain before you comment.

This "minor sporting event" will FILL the Walkers far more quickly than we will at any time this season. Jesus wept.

And as for the loss of sponsorship contract, as more than one wise spark has already pointed out - I wouldn't be so naive if I were you. I guarantee someone at the Walkers has done their maths and worked out the potential increase for merchandising revenue and offset it against the loss of one-off sponsorship payment.

half my family are tigers seasopn ticket holders.

They dislike the tigers using the walkers just as much as we do.

purely a commerical decision, obviously and not just the tigers fault- we lost a heck of a lot of money last year and i am sure its all about MM encouraging them over here too

Now I've thought about it, it does make business sense.

Just a pain really.

It is, and I don't like it. I don't care if the Tiggers use the stadium when we don't need it, but with this being just a couple of days before one of our games, and having to accommodate them for the Scunneh game is wrong, in my opinion. I just hope we're promoted before these games.

If the club owned the stadium (which it doesn't, and isn't likely to do so any time soon), it might be in a position to refuse these requests.

But lending the ground to the Tigers makes good sense for the city. Look at the extra revenue the local pubs will get..

It is, and I don't like it. I don't care if the Tiggers use the stadium when we don't need it, but with this being just a couple of days before one of our games, and having to accommodate them for the Scunneh game is wrong, in my opinion. I just hope we're promoted before these games.

Maybe we could negotiate- they have the Leeds fans on the 11th and we have Bath fans on the 13th. That way, we might get out alive :P

I hope we are too, but I can see a Sunday having a slightly flat atmosphere- remember Norwich in 2003 (Sunday morning, it seemed pretty lethargic). I want Friday night- but others may not. At the end of the day it's the Tigers that are developing their ground, not us, but as Ultra says, when we own the ground we might be in a better position to refuse.

I cant stand the Tigers but i can see the reasoning behind this decision. Hopefully they will lose though, then they wont be moving anymore of our fixtures.

Come on Bath!

I'm pretty sure that if Tigers win, they'll have to play away from home in the semi-final because they're only 4th seed. Unless two of seeds 6,7, and 8 win, Tigers will play away from home and won't need the ground again.

Edit: Oh, and for 'Minor Sporting Event', it's a European Quarter Final. Get a grip.

It is annoying that they have to play here. Not only because it will damage the pitch, but because we have to move our games to fit around their schedule at our ground.

I'm sure if the tables were turned, they'd have none of it.

It is annoying that they have to play here. Not only because it will damage the pitch, but because we have to move our games to fit around their schedule at our ground.

I'm sure if the tables were turned, they'd have none of it.

That's probably because they haven't just posted losses of £14m.

Given that the very nature of rugby is to be second best to football, something tells me they're pretty used to it, Bert.

True.

But I can never recall a time when they've had to change kick off time, or even change the day of the game, so we can go and play at their stadium.

True.

But I can never recall a time when they've had to change kick off time, or even change the day of the game, so we can go and play at their stadium.

Shame, we'd get an awesome atmosphere in there. They've got terracing n'all. We could propose a swap deal? :thumbup:

oh well we all knew it was going to happen, they have 2 games at our place this season. thats more money for me :D £15 bonus each tigers game,

oh and i do think that the pitch wont be that bad, we have them proffesional pitch people thingys thus year, and i can almost guarentee that it wont be as bad as it was last yeear

I'm pretty sure that if Tigers win, they'll have to play away from home in the semi-final because they're only 4th seed. Unless two of seeds 6,7, and 8 win, Tigers will play away from home and won't need the ground again.

Edit: Oh, and for 'Minor Sporting Event', it's a European Quarter Final. Get a grip.

It is a disgrace to call it a "European" Cup when teams from what 7 countries enter the competition? Yet there are 50 nations classed as In Europe.

Tigers fans just irritate me how they compare themselves to us and think therrefore they are better than us due to our fall to 3rd division. Imagine if they got relegated twice, Im sure they would struggle to get a thousand.

I hope they lose all these games and stop interferring with the World's,Nations,City's true love. Football.

Archived