Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Norf'ampton post-match

Seems to me like Thracian is on another wind up.... there isn't another person on the planet that shares his view point.

Can't believe you said that. This is a serious issue which totally exposes Hullfox for his camouflaged, elitist "I'm alright, Jack" attitude. :@

I think Thracian may have a point.

There's no way at all, bearing in mind most of our away turnouts last season, that we could have 1000+ Priority 1 ticket-holders.

The sooner the club adopts a system of away season-tickets, the better.

I get tickets because I went to games last season when others weren't. I get tickets because at the begining of this season I stumped up for a season ticket when others didn't. I get tickets because I committed to buying a wedgeload of away games through the pre-ordering system when others thought they could cherry pick the best ones. Some would call them fair-weather fans, I wouldn't dare. Whatever way it cuts, they haven't earned the right to elect which of the most popular away games they attend. They haven't earned the right to complain.

There's no way at all, bearing in mind most of our away turnouts last season, that we could have 1000+ Priority 1 ticket-holders.

We don't have 1000+ priority one ticket holders.

I don't think anyone is defending the idea that people get round the priority system. If it was completely foolproof then I would defend it to the hilt, but people seem to get round it somehow.

At the end of the day, it's not a major issue, Thracian's just having a bit of a rant cos he couldn't get a ticket for the away end now that we're winning a few games and he fancies turning up. :whistle::thumbup:

I get tickets because I went to games last season when others weren't. I get tickets because at the begining of this season I stumped up for a season ticket when others didn't. I get tickets because I committed to buying a wedgeload of away games through the pre-ordering system when others thought they could cherry pick the best ones. Some would call them fair-weather fans, I wouldn't dare. Whatever way it cuts, they haven't earned the right to elect which of the most popular away games they attend. They haven't earned the right to complain.

:appl:

It went to the Tuesday though, so surely a lot of the fans at Northampton were Priority 2?

There were about 100 tickets left, and they went in the first hour.

It'll be just the same next week when the Bristol Rovers tickets go on sale. :(

Thanks Ultra. All that time to finally establish what an unfair system it is and how it should be altered asap. :thumbup::crylaugh:

Do I sense a shift in your position Thrach?

Surely an away season ticket would make the system even more elitist and mean that only those with the ability to stump up money up front would benefit from such a move. How would you reconcile that with your support for the people that can only afford to get to Northampton and Hereford?

Of course the current scheme is flawed but this lot aren't going to say so are they cos they're they're the ones that get's the tickets.

Anyway you don't have to care if they agree or not. Hullfox would disagree whatever. :D

Well no, I don't get tickets every game and I think the priority system is right.

Surely from your argument STH's shouldn't get priority over non-STH"S? Because that is also a form of elitism, no?

I suspect there's a whole bunch of elitist hangers on that get tickets before they even think about giving them out on a priority scheme to 'regular' attendees.

We've all heard of people that pick up tickets from a friend of a friend that have little or no connection with LCFC other than knowing someone.

A sad reflection of society in general.

We all know the system has been abused, but it's not the fault of the 600 or so genuine priority 1's.

At the end of the day, it's only become an issue because some people didn't get tickets for one game. There were plenty of tickets for the Yeovil game, for example, which didn't sell out.

We all know the system has been abused, but it's not the fault of the 600 or so genuine priority 1's.

At the end of the day, it's only become an issue because some people didn't get tickets for one game. There were plenty of tickets for the Yeovil game, for example, which didn't sell out.

Yes, and those of us that went should have more priority than the part-timers who didn't.

I wasn't suggesting it was, I was pointing out that there other flaws in the system that perhaps should receive attention rather than your 600.

There already is one as such - the 'secret' pre-order form given out at the start of the season but you can not knock that really, them guys turn up every away game mostly.

That's the thing - The club do it as they're guarenteed revenue from it.

I'm just waiting for some of the older fans to say they've been supporting the club for x amount of years, and that's their priority.

Yes, and those of us that went should have more priority than the part-timers who didn't.

So the best thing to do is bring in a loyalty system, where that match would be worth more than others.

I honestly think the system we have at the moment is the best one, though if some sort of loyalty system is brought in I wouldn't be against that. It may mean I miss out on more tickets, but I think those who are not season-ticket holders but go to 12-15 away matches deserve away tickets ahead of me.

Only my opinion though.

It's hardly a secret. :dunno:

Hence the marks. At least 70% of the attendees to Walkers wouldn't have a clue about it.

Personally I'd argue of having a system where you are awarded so many points per season ticket, points per away game, points per home game etc. plus years service etc. The club hold everyone's details and already use a receipt system - so why not extend it to this?

There were about 100 tickets left, and they went in the first hour.

It'll be just the same next week when the Bristol Rovers tickets go on sale. :(

What about Hartlepool that went on sale today? Hope you and Thracian have got your pre-orders in for that game to ensure that you're first in line to get them should they make it to your designated day of sale....

What about Hartlepool that went on sale today? Hope you and Thracian have got your pre-orders in for that game to ensure that you're first in line to get them should they make it to your designated day of sale....

I'm in a quandry about this one.

If I make use of my priority I'm worried that others may see it as elitism and me just having an "I'm all right Jack" attitude

What a great point that is.

Sadly, I can't get the time off work for this. Which is why I'm thankful i got it in this season.

This is the last away I miss this season.

Archived