Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Norf'ampton post-match

I think people who go to all/the vast majority of awayers should be put after general sale tbh, give everyone else a chance. In fact they should be punished for doing so, I propose more expensive tickets for them?

:tumbleweed:

I personally reckon that the away ticket system shouldn't be bent towards ST holders. People who went all away games last season yet decided not to buy a season ticket this year don't get any away priority which to me is a bit wrong. I don't think you should have to outlay £200+ before you can gain any away ticket priority. Don't get me wrong STH should get some benefit and priority but not at expense of well-travelled fans.

What I didn't like about Saturday was that they were a few people whose priority was simply knowing someone on the staff at LCFC TO. I am fully aware of some bloke who considers himself a Liverpool fan who went on Saturday because he got a ticket off a relative. This was at expense of P2 and P3 peeps and other geniune fans.

I personally reckon that the away ticket system shouldn't be bent towards ST holders. People who went all away games last season yet decided not to buy a season ticket this year don't get any away priority which to me is a bit wrong. I don't think you should have to outlay £200+ before you can gain any away ticket priority. Don't get me wrong STH should get some benefit and priority but not at expense of well-travelled fans.

What I didn't like about Saturday was that they were a few people whose priority was simply knowing someone on the staff at LCFC TO. I am fully aware of some bloke who considers himself a Liverpool fan who went on Saturday because he got a ticket off a relative. This was at expense of P2 and P3 peeps and other geniune fans.

All of this is what I agree with.

This debate has nothing to do with me nor anything to do with the standard of football.

Hell, I've probably watched the reserves, academy and friendly matches as much as I've watched the first team these last five years so standard has sod all to do with it. And if I want tickets badly enough I usually find a way of getting em.

But nothing you say answers my point about why an elite few should get priority over anyone else after purchasing a season ticket for the same price as someone else.

The games where everyone can get in have no relevance whatsever.It may be that a season ticket holder can only afford to fit in a couple of away games a season, and those at somewhere like Northampton or Hereford.

If you've hardly missed a game for 40 years don't you perhaps think he might be entitled to a turn?

And you call me self-centred!

Seems to me you're just like the party kid who pinches all the chocolate eclairs cos you got their first - and buger anyone else.

I'm self employed, I've have a client who gives me 10/12 weeks of work every year. They are by far my biggest customer, if they say jump I ask "how high?"

If they need something painting at a certain time then my other customers have to wait. I don't always like doing it but I know which side my bread is buttered. It's the way of the world Thrac, as a self employed person yourself I would have thought you would have understood that.

If you only go to away games then you don't earn the club any money, why should the club do you any favours?

This debate has nothing to do with me nor anything to do with the standard of football.

It has everything to do with you, you're constantly hijacking threads for your own ends.

But nothing you say answers my point about why an elite few should get priority over anyone else after purchasing a season ticket for the same price as someone else.

I'm not sure how many people you want to tell you the same thing. You not understanding the system doesn't mean that we are not telling you. You are the cyber equivalent of a spoilt brat covering his ears and shouting just to blank out the reality.

If you've hardly missed a game for 40 years don't you perhaps think he might be entitled to a turn?

And once more you prove that you don't really take in what has been said and twist it to suit your own agenda. I quite clearly stated that I have supported the club for 40 years and that I travel all over the place to watch them. Nowhere did I say that I've hardly missed a match for 40 years, indeed I quite clearly said in another post that there were times when I couldn't go due to being skint and/or my playing commitments.

And you call me self-centred!

Yes, we agree on that at least.

Bill Anderson being as much a w*nker as he's been for the last 20 years....not an OTT bias view in anyway Mr Mercury! Bullsh*t from beginning to end...he's the twat who brings down respect for LCFC...fans on here seem to be a little more balanced :angry:

Rant over!

Why therefore should you be assured of tickets all the time and they hardly at all?

Why should certain people be allowed to pick and choose their away games, at the expense of those who want to follow their team all or pretty much most of the time?

I personally reckon that the away ticket system shouldn't be bent towards ST holders.

The vast majority of those who go to all or most games, and therefore priority 1, are STHs.

I suspect there's a whole bunch of elitist hangers on that get tickets before they even think about giving them out on a priority scheme to 'regular' attendees.

We've all heard of people that pick up tickets from a friend of a friend that have little or no connection with LCFC other than knowing someone.

A sad reflection of society in general.

Edit....

...Graham Melton the biggest w*nker of the lot..Billy Ando's got nothing on him! In a time when we should be trying to avoid inciting hatred or reaction..this **** starts his arrogant patronising (but far from the truth bllx) "garden shed" chants chided the away support...Never heard it..."muted home support"..More bullsh*t! "The Blue Army swaggered in"...Yeah and chased out pretty sharpish...Respect lost!

I suspect there's a whole bunch of elitist hangers on that get tickets before they even think about giving them out on a priority scheme to 'regular' attendees.

We've all heard of people that pick up tickets from a friend of a friend that have little or no connection with LCFC other than knowing someone.

A sad reflection of society in general.

That davie is a valid point and one that I went to battle with last season.

The way England do it is a good system.

70% of tickets allocated on loyalty basis.

30% of tickets allocated in a draw.

Or something like that.

THat means people who didn't go to games would still have a small chance of getting a ticket.

Yeah that is a decent system, only because England sell out every where they go.

We don't sell out every allocation we are given so why should some tickets go into a draw?

I agree with what Cardiff_Fox said earlier in the thread about just having a priority for away games, not needing to have a season ticket. But surely if you go into the ticket office and ask for a priority card and get it stamped, then you will have no worries getting away with using that?

The priority system works, I'm not just saying that because I'm Priority 1, I had to work my way up that list over past-seasons. If I'd of been to every away game from Carlilse to Forest and I missed out on a local game with a small allocation I'd be pissed off if the people that turned up hadn't been to an away all season.

Sorry if that makes me a ****, that's the way I see it.

Yeah that is a decent system, only because England sell out every where they go.

We don't sell out every allocation we are given so why should some tickets go into a draw?

I agree with what Cardiff_Fox said earlier in the thread about just having a priority for away games, not needing to have a season ticket. But surely if you go into the ticket office and ask for a priority card and get it stamped, then you will have no worries getting away with using that?

The priority system works, I'm not just saying that because I'm Priority 1, I had to work my way up that list over past-seasons. If I'd of been to every away game from Carlilse to Forest and I missed out on a local game with a small allocation I'd be pissed off if the people that turned up hadn't been to an away all season.

Sorry if that makes me a ****, that's the way I see it.

Whether you agree with it or not the current scheme does have it's flaws, I often book tickets by email and yet despite having my name and address, my ST reference number they can fail to record that I've purchased a ticket and if I haven't kept my ticket stub, which I'm not in the habit of doing then that's a priority opportunity missed.

England don't sell out their allocation though.

There were places in Russia and Croatia available.

Agree with everything else that you say tho.

Apart from you being a coont that is.

Apart from Corky.

Not sure if I completely agree with your Thrac..but to an extent there is elitism here. If you get priority for say Cheltenham because you were at Hereford (or/and Stoke!)..move on to next game at say Stockport..Priority cus you went to Cheltenham..so on...a never ending merry-go-round which fans can't get onto even if they want to. Away allocations generally in League one (coupled with a clear bandwaggon mentality now a modicum of success has prevailed) are small enough to perpetually be a closed shop...same 1300/1700 every time.

Don't the great Man Yoo do a lottery or something?

Anyway,I'm off...Mercury RIP :angry:

Only because supply can never meet demand, we do not have that problem. Regardless of what happens when games like Northampton come round.

The United ticket scheme is one of the most crooked around though, you can expect at least 10% of the allocation to go missing and shockingly ending up in the hands of big spending execs who have no interest in the football and end up selling them on for a ridiculous profit.

Not sure if I completely agree with your Thrac..but to an extent there is elitism here. If you get priority for say Cheltenham because you were at Hereford (or/and Stoke!)..move on to next game at say Stockport..Priority cus you went to Cheltenham..so on...a never ending merry-go-round which fans can't get onto even if they want to. Away allocations generally in League one (coupled with a clear bandwaggon mentality now a modicum of success has prevailed) are small enough to perpetually be a closed shop...same 1300/1700 every time.

Well it's not like that really. Priority is based on last season so it doesn't really matter which games you get to this season so long as you make the required number to reach priority 1 next year (which isn't even that many is it?!).

Edit....

...Graham Melton the biggest w*nker of the lot..Billy Ando's got nothing on him! In a time when we should be trying to avoid inciting hatred or reaction..this **** starts his arrogant patronising (but far from the truth bllx) "garden shed" chants chided the away support...Never heard it..."muted home support"..More bullsh*t! "The Blue Army swaggered in"...Yeah and chased out pretty sharpish...Respect lost!

You've got issues.

Only because supply can never meet demand, we do not have that problem. Regardless of what happens when games like Northampton come round.

The United ticket scheme is one of the most crooked around though, you can expect at least 10% of the allocation to go missing and shockingly ending up in the hands of big spending execs who have no interest in the football and end up selling them on for a ridiculous profit.

Or Stone Island fellas. There's a guy at United banned from travelling across the country to watch them play from his antics in the 80s, now runs the semi-official travel.

Do I lose my Priority 1 next season if I don't get a season ticket then? :unsure:

Yes. I enquired with the club at the start of the season.

I told them I'd been 12 away games with the club last season but didn't have a season ticket. Would I get any priority? Their answer was no and they were pretty sure bar a few games I'd get a ticket for each.

Yet if some fella turned up with my ticket stubs when purchasing a season ticket - he gets the priority. In fact, I've know mates who will share the ticket stubs and go on different occasions.

Whether you agree with it or not the current scheme does have it's flaws, I often book tickets by email and yet despite having my name and address, my ST reference number they can fail to record that I've purchased a ticket and if I haven't kept my ticket stub, which I'm not in the habit of doing then that's a priority opportunity missed.

Of course the current scheme is flawed but this lot aren't going to say so are they cos they're they're the ones that get's the tickets.

Anyway you don't have to care if they agree or not. Hullfox would disagree whatever. :D

Archived