Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

a plea to Mr Pearson

PLEASE give your subs enough time to actually have an impact, Gradel should of been on earlier and what's the point of giving Dickov, even when he's not playing that well, 3 minuets...

its the thing that frustrates me most about NP, he seems very slow to spot when we need to make a sub to change the way the game is going, at least 10 mins before he made the Gilbert/Gradel change I said to Lovejoy that's what I'd do, I'm not claiming to be some kind of tactical genius, far from it in fact, but I even I can see that why does it take NP so long to see the same thing?

Earlier in the season people were praising him for the timing of his subs now your slateing him?

I mean Gradel has been off form and didn't really look like doing anything?

We had an offday and still got a point.

Were 11 points clear atm, get over yourself ffs.

Earlier in the season people were praising him for the timing of his subs now your slateing him?

I mean Gradel has been off form and didn't really look like doing anything?

We had an offday and still got a point.

Were 11 points clear atm, get over yourself ffs.

whose slating him, its a fair point, brining on a striker with 3 mins left is pretty much pointless if your actually expecting him to score, also its a criticism I've had of him all along, he isn't pro-active enough when he has the chance to change the game in our favour he more often then not waits too long

as for Gradel, how many times did we actually get the ball to him, I think he was on for a good 5 mins before he got a touch

I don't think Gradel would have made an impact if he'd had the whole 2nd half. As soon as the penalty was missed I thought we were in for a 0-0 or worse. Ten men can be hard to beat and Oldham were well organised.

Mind you... that corner when Max looked set just sweet to pop it in and found the ref standing directly in his path :@ (in fairness I thought the ref had a pretty good game though.)

I agree, I thought Gradel should have come on in the 60th minute. As for the rest of our bench, nobody else was capable of making a difference - Dickov is well past it and Berner is hardly going to create anything.

To be honest we wouldn't have raised this point if Fryatt had scored the peno. And you can't blame Pearson for not putting Gradel on earlier - it's not like Gradel is on form and his 20 minute appearance wasn't particularly good either.

Pearson today tried to show faith in his players, faith in his ability to pick a winning 11 and faith in his signings. Such a stand of defiance will win respect amongst his players.

Either way, I prefer it than the Holloway we'll try 50 players a season effort.

I agree, I thought Gradel should have come on in the 60th minute. As for the rest of our bench, nobody else was capable of making a difference - Dickov is well past it and Berner is hardly going to create anything.

To be honest we wouldn't have raised this point if Fryatt had scored the peno. And you can't blame Pearson for not putting Gradel on earlier - it's not like Gradel is on form and his 20 minute appearance wasn't particularly good either.

neither is Dyer yet he still plays him despite him looking extremely fatigued and totally shot of confidence

and without a reserve team how is Gradel supposed to find form without getting picked?

PLEASE give your subs enough time to actually have an impact, Gradel should of been on earlier and what's the point of giving Dickov, even when he's not playing that well, 3 minuets...

its the thing that frustrates me most about NP, he seems very slow to spot when we need to make a sub to change the way the game is going, at least 10 mins before he made the Gilbert/Gradel change I said to Lovejoy that's what I'd do, I'm not claiming to be some kind of tactical genius, far from it in fact, but I even I can see that why does it take NP so long to see the same thing?

Don't bring me into this :thumbup: .

Tbh, noone is perfect, but on the whole NP gets most things right. I agree with changing things earlier today, Dyer looked stiff as a corpse, but look how we've won so many from being behind this season. Today was all round guff, but I think more often than not he gets it right.

Many games that we have won have been secured after substitutions.

DJ has managed more goals in SIX Championship games than Fryatt managed in the whole of last season.

And he can take penalties under pressure.

Do you seriously want DJ back here?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are on ale.

Why over react like this and make a thread about it?

It is up to Pearson to make the subs and it is his choice as to when he makes them, and tbh I think he is doing a better job than some twat starting a thread on a forum.

Were you complaining about his tactical change at home to Huddersfield which went on to win us the game?

As close as he is to being, he is not a God and can't get it right all the time.

fooking calm down calm down, its a home draw, and tbf they did have Dean fooking Windass in goal lets be fair he is up there with the best.

I don't think it's an overreaction, it's just a query. Pearson tends to keep his starting line up in the game for as long as possible, and today I think Jimmy amongst others, thought that maybe changes were needed earlier than when they came. I agreed with him too, I thought fresh legs might provide an opening, however it was not to be.

The thing that let us down today was not pearsons tactics its not testing Windass when he went in goal.

We should of just fired shots at him, he spilled Kings free kick although he recovered he still spilled it, if we would have kept fireing shots at him we would probably have got more luck, 1 spillages his confidence will be knocked...

ok I'll rephrase, Matty has only missed 1 penalty in the league all season

Even when we were rubbish you could always rely on us scoring from penalties.When was the last time the same plyer missed 2 penalties in the same season and also the last time a player missed the target probablly Elliot at Coventry 7 or 8 years ago and he didnt normally take them .Howard has a 100 per cent record for us why didnt he take it

Archived