Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

IMPORTANT

I'll step in just to say about the trouble, once the goal went in the Leicester fans understandably celebrated, however, some who may of been drinking prior to the game started to become indimidating and violent towards Dons fans. One two rows back from me at the back of the Cowshed sank to a new degree of low, yelling and swearing at kids and tried to push one down the stairs, the kid couldn't of been older than 13, a couple also kicked off at stewards, mainly though the Leicester fans were well behaved all things considered so applause where applause is due. It did confirm however that we do have a few idiots in our end too, people rushing over when the see trouble to try and exaserbate (spl?) the situation.

Great free kick, although looking at the highlights this morning it looked a little soft to me but hey, that is what bias does.

Hi there 'Part of The Crowd'.

Just want to say RESPECT to you my friend. I have read pretty well all of your posts on this forum, & I wish there were more football supporters with your attitude.

You are very fair in your comments.

It reminds me of the times I used to take my little lad to Filbert Street & home & away fans would mix together without any problems.

We would applaud them if they scored a good goal or their keeper made a great save, & vice versa.

The good news is I think both our teams will be in The Championship next season.

It reminds me of the times I used to take my little lad to Filbert Street & home & away fans would mix together without any problems.

We would applaud them if they scored a good goal or their keeper made a great save, & vice versa.

When?

I started going in the mid-70's and I remember more fisticuffs than fanlove, the first game was against Birmingham and there were full-on fights all over the main stand when the Blues scored.

When?

I started going in the mid-70's and I remember more fisticuffs than fanlove, the first game was against Birmingham and there were full-on fights all over the main stand when the Blues scored.

When I first started going in the 60s

I remember many a game being crushed nearly to death in the popular side (East Stand) by a mix of home and away supporters all mingling and bantering together - that's when there really was an atmosphere.

Is it just me that thinks football would be pretty boring if there was so little rivalry in it that you would politely applaud when the other team scored?!

Well there was rivalry, plenty of it but it was done with a laugh and out-singing each other, there was no animosity just out and out good quality friendly banter which I'm pretty sure is what is most enjoyed today least wise that's seems to be when people say they've enjoyed a game.

As for applauding a good bit of play, not particularly when a goal is scored why do you think so many neutrals watch games on the television if not for the chance to see and appreciate quality football, seems to me there's been plenty of threads started on here extolling the beauty of a particular piece of play, why can't it be appreciated when it's live?

If you'd experienced being crammed into the stand, standing up and surrounded by vocal support from both sets of fans it would make the current 'we're the left/right side' look like an outing at the local bingo hall!

Well there was rivalry, plenty of it but it was done with a laugh and out-singing each other, there was no animosity just out and out good quality friendly banter which I'm pretty sure is what is most enjoyed today least wise that's seems to be when people say they've enjoyed a game.

As for applauding a good bit of play, not particularly when a goal is scored why do you think so many neutrals watch games on the television if not for the chance to see and appreciate quality football, seems to me there's been plenty of threads started on here extolling the beauty of a particular piece of play, why can't it be appreciated when it's live?

If you'd experienced being crammed into the stand, standing up and surrounded by vocal support from both sets of fans it would make the current 'we're the left/right side' look like an outing at the local bingo hall!

Yeah of course, but it was a whole different thing back then I'd imagine. It's one thing to show some appreciation for a good goal by the opposition if you've spent all game laying into them, but I can imagine it was just infuriate me to see the thousands of our fans who don't mutter one word of encouragement for city all game start applauding when the opposition score. It would be like you were watching the game with a bunch of neutrals.

When I first started going in the 60s

I remember many a game being crushed nearly to death in the popular side (East Stand) by a mix of home and away supporters all mingling and bantering together - that's when there really was an atmosphere.

Thanks Davie, I knew it wasn't my imagination!

The Liverpool supporters were fantastic, we were mixed together standing on the pop side.

Regarding 'Shrenchels' comment about polite applause, if you read my post again you might just notice that I mentioned the words good/great goals or saves, that's when we applauded the opposition.

I remember Liverpool supporters drooling over Peter Shilton & he was only a youngster.

I would sooner be surrounded by a group of 'polite' supporters than a bunch of half pissed yobs!!

Yeah of course, but it was a whole different thing back then I'd imagine. It's one thing to show some appreciation for a good goal by the opposition if you've spent all game laying into them, but I can imagine it was just infuriate me to see the thousands of our fans who don't mutter one word of encouragement for city all game start applauding when the opposition score. It would be like you were watching the game with a bunch of neutrals.

I think you are a little younger than myself Shrenchel & you obviously weren't going down Filbo during the times I am referring to 60s & part 70s. Trust me mate the atmosphere at games then was terrific.

Probably the difference was guys didn't get pissed out of their heads & have 'fun' by kicking some poor sod to death. Never heard of knife carrying & drugs was something the doc gave you when you caught the 'flu!

Call me a boring old git if you like, but I know which were the best times to watch a game, & the safest.

My son was about 8yrs old when I started taking him to Filbo, the people around me would say pass the lad down to the front, he'll be o.k. & I knew he would be.

I think you are a little younger than myself Shrenchel & you obviously weren't going down Filbo during the times I am referring to 60s & part 70s. Trust me mate the atmosphere at games then was terrific.

Probably the difference was guys didn't get pissed out of their heads & have 'fun' by kicking some poor sod to death. Never heard of knife carrying & drugs was something the doc gave you when you caught the 'flu!

Call me a boring old git if you like, but I know which were the best times to watch a game, & the safest.

My son was about 8yrs old when I started taking him to Filbo, the people around me would say pass the lad down to the front, he'll be o.k. & I knew he would be.

I know. The first thing I said was it was different back then. I was talking about today.

Any chance of this clip being posted anywhere again ?

Do the Football League have some sad little official who trawls through YouTube complaining about every little clip ?

I can appreciate they don't want whole parts of games being available, but this seems a bit OTT.

Glad I downloaded it!

I posted 2 video's on there yesterday just of our fans after the game and it was deleted by the football league, I've changed them abit (Because the speed of the videos had changed somehow) and put them back up if they get took of again i'll leave then off.

Archived