Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Uninspiring. Post match thread.

:unsure: their goal diffeence is -35

If we aren't winning early on, the crowd will get on the team's back. The players will lose their composure and it will be a struggle.

Get an early goal and we should be fine.

In order for Posh to catch us we need to lose 4 games out of the remaining 11. Can't see that happening in a million years.

Millwall, Peterborough, Leeds & S****horpe are very loseable games, I'm afraid.

That is not counting Hereford who have beaten Oldham & Leeds at home recently. Tranmere away won't be a walk in the park either.

Unfortunately, the way we are playing at the minute, I am not so sure we can go into these games & keep pulling it off. At the end of the day, it was a debateable free kick deep into stoppage time that got us out the shit on Saturday, as soon as that luck goes, it's not so easy.

Dyer's shit

Because he is, he needs dropping desperately.

look at the football we are playing, not simply our position in the league - this is a more accurate yardstick of how we will perform against the likes of Cov, West Brom, Stoke and the like.... the game against MK on Sat was akin to what we should expect next season, and we struggled to draw against a better side - if we were playing with more style, attacking options and flair I would be happier, but we have become WORSE over the past few weeks, which is not a good sign

We will be strengthening the squad accordingly when (yes, when) we go up so you can't even begin to assess how we'll fare next season. As someone said earlier, NP has proved to be astute in the transfer market and we will have money to spend.

It's horses for courses. This set of players have done extremely well on the whole, the form may have dipped but we're still not losing games. Negativity naturally creeps in with the fans but NP and the team have answered the critics again and again. The fact is though, several players in the current squad/team will not feature next season as players more adept at a higher level are brought in next season.

Safety first will get us nowhere in the Championship.

At no point did we try to win that.

Gradel better feature against Cheltenham.

The way I see it, we'll worry about the Championship when we actually get there.

We'll stroll past Cheltenham. They have a GD of -35. Their defence is a shambles. They have Elvis Hammond dear God.

Stockport are actually a very good side and people are quick to dismiss/forget that.

The fact is, the proof that the chasing pack are extremely shite is that we have won 1 in 5 and they haven't even come any closer to us than 5 games ago.

Not quite sure why they didn't bring on Gradel, to be fair. Surely it was the perfect day to give him a shot after his goal? Boy must be buzzing.

Now he'll be right back to feeling bummed.

he must be wondering what he has to do to start a match.

Feel for the lad.

As i'm sure has already been mentioned, why on earth did Gradel not get a run. He's bound to be as confident as he's ever been here and he doesn't even get on while we're drawing and could do with a goal. Doesn't even get on when clearly we could do with a bit of quality.

I'd be a little pissed off if I was Max right now.

Former Leicester lad O'Grady scores against us to claim a share of the points at the same time Elvis gets 2 for Cheltenham at Swindon to get an unlikely away win draw.

He's a comedy act, not a footballer. Joke.

We just don't seem to have that bit of magic to unlock a defence at the minute.

This unbeaten run is all fine and dandy but the draws are begining to mount up.

And Howard wasn't tonight :crylaugh:

Thats such a harsh comment, he breathed life into the team when he came on, we created more chances, had a bit more pace up front and he actually runs into the space, runs back and battles. Howard was fooking shit today, passing awful, first touch awful, and statue like up front.

Howard remains a total donkey in the home games and id rather see Hayles/Chambers/Campbell starting home games with Fryatt and Howard the away games.

He just gets man marked by 3 players in the home matches, but has a little bit more space when teams open up away.

Dyer had a better game tonight certainly, but we looked a lot more dangerous when Hayles came on certainly.

The way I see it, we'll worry about the Championship when we actually get there.

We'll stroll past Cheltenham. They have a GD of -35. Their defence is a shambles. They have Elvis Hammond dear God.

Stockport are actually a very good side and people are quick to dismiss/forget that.

The fact is, the proof that the chasing pack are extremely shite is that we have won 1 in 5 and they haven't even come any closer to us than 5 games ago.

He got 2 goals tonight away at Swindon!

Former Leicester lad O'Grady scores against us to claim a share of the points at the same time Elvis gets 2 for Cheltenham at Swindon to get an unlikely away win.

Draw for Cheltenham davie, 2-2 :thumbup:

As i'm sure has already been mentioned, why on earth did Gradel not get a run. He's bound to be as confident as he's ever been here and he doesn't even get on while we're drawing and could do with a goal. Doesn't even get on when clearly we could do with a bit of quality.

I'd be a little pissed off if I was Max right now.

Totally agree, Pearson doesn't like making subs for some reason.

Maybe he lost count and thought we had made 3 :P

Pearson has been very lucky in a lot of games this season, where we have started to struggle, he hasn't made the subs earlier, then we come up with a random goal or 2 which we didn't really deserve.

One particular match where Dickov and Chambers were warming up as we were being dominated, then we got 2 quick goals out of nowhere, can't remember who it was against i could be wrong.

Hayles is a joke, but he ALWAYS seems to make a difference, and I think he did tonight. I would never start him, but always looks decent when he comes on. He won't be here next season though, so probably shouldn't bother playing him ahead of the youngsters.

As others have said, can't believe Gradel didn't get on. He would have been really up for it, bet he feels like sheet now.

A point nearer promotion and a game less to worry about.

First of all despite a run of pretty poor performances NP neither changes the team or the tactics. He does not need to, a couple more wins and half a dozen draws and we are promoted, simple as.

His current team are good enough to do that despite being stale, tired and in pretty poor form, mainly because there are few other sides in the division who are good enough to even threaten our position. Just shows what a piss poor division this is!

Playing well and gaining confidence is of no consequence, this side will not be together next season! NP will build a new side which will be good, bad or indifferent in pretty much direct proportion to the budget he has to play with. That is the modern way.

Of our current first team squad I can see only Tunchev and King as being 'nailed on' to start with Morrison, Mattock, Berner, Oakley, Dyer and Fryatt as just squad players. The rest will be gone.

Well to start it all off i missed both of the goals, was stuck outside the ticket office working :@lol

apart from that all i can say is it was a borefest. From when i got into the game my MOTM was gilbert.

We looked that little creative flair in midfield and to often we went back instead of trying to go forward, Morrison looked like he had been told to pass it out of defence and i thought he did that tonight.

Stockdale pulled off a few good saves but his kicking was suspect at times.

I hate to say it but i thought Steve was a average tonight he looks tired.

Well to start it all off i missed both of the goals, was stuck outside the ticket office working :@lol

apart from that all i can say is it was a borefest. From when i got into the game my MOTM was gilbert.

We looked that little creative flair in midfield and to often we went back instead of trying to go forward, Morrison looked like he had been told to pass it out of defence and i thought he did that tonight.

Stockdale pulled off a few good saves but his kicking was suspect at times.

I hate to say it but i thought Steve was a average tonight he looks tired.

Average, he was a total donkey.

Id say King, Oakley, Fryatt were average tonight.

Howard fooking useless. Hayles made all the difference, had he been bought on 10 minutes earlier, i rekon we may have still won or lost or drawn :P

Average, he was a total donkey.

Id say King, Oakley, Fryatt were average tonight.

Howard fooking useless. Hayles made all the difference, had he been bought on 10 minutes earlier, i rekon we may have still won or lost or drawn :P

Hayles made all the difference he touched the ball about 5 times.

And i think even if Dickov would have played we would have won lost or drawn.

Shakespeare Post Match

Posted on: Tue 03 Mar 2009

Leicester City assistant manager Craig Shakespeare said that Tuesday night's 1-1 draw with Stockport County was another point gained towards City's promotion target.

The Foxes took the lead with barely a minute on the clock - Kerrea Gilbert grabbing his first goal for the club after his cross-cum-shot was deflected past Stockport 'keeper Owain Fon Williams.

But the visitors hit back straight away through former Fox Chris O'Grady - and despite both sides having chances later in the game that's how the score would remain.

Shakespeare said: "There is obviously a bit of frustration in the dressing room after the game - but we have just told the players that it is another point gained in the right direction.

"It was an amazing start to the match. We have scored with our first attack but then they have grabbed a goal back almost from the kick off. They say you are at your most vulnerable after you have scored and that turned out to be the case tonight.

"I thought that both teams played some entertaining football, despite the horrendous conditions."

The Foxes gave a debut to on loan 'keeper David Stockdale on the night after he had joined the club from Premier League side Fulham just 24-hours earlier.

Shakespeare added: "He has come in at very short notice and pulled off a couple of good saves. He acquitted himself very well and he can be pleased with his performance."

From Shakespear so looks like Pearson is not happy enough to speak!

Archived