Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Uninspiring. Post match thread.

Not at all, we needed to get out of this league asap and we have done that but what's also key is we have done it by staying unbeaten, having consistency which is something we didn't have in the past few seasons. Its getting that losing mentality out of the players' minds and that is something Nigel Pearson is starting to achieve. Next season we need to have good preparation (providing we get promoted!) and sign players in the right places. Judging by the loan signings we have made, I think Pearson has a good eye in the transfer market so I have a lot of confidence in him.

Agreed

Not at all, we needed to get out of this league asap and we have done that but what's also key is we have done it by staying unbeaten, having consistency which is something we didn't have in the past few seasons. Its getting that losing mentality out of the players' minds and that is something Nigel Pearson is starting to achieve. Next season we need to have good preparation (providing we get promoted!) and sign players in the right places. Judging by the loan signings we have made, I think Pearson has a good eye in the transfer market so I have a lot of confidence in him.

look at the football we are playing, not simply our position in the league - this is a more accurate yardstick of how we will perform against the likes of Cov, West Brom, Stoke and the like.... the game against MK on Sat was akin to what we should expect next season, and we struggled to draw against a better side - if we were playing with more style, attacking options and flair I would be happier, but we have become WORSE over the past few weeks, which is not a good sign

The draw I expected. We have no plan B at the minute, Cheltenham will do the same on Saturday but they are awful defensively so if we don't break them down then I will be extremely frustrated.

Same. I'll be annoyed more-so because they are bottom of the league and we just need to score at least 3 to get some confidence playing at home. It's the perfect chance for strikers to get back to scoring ways too.

We may be playing worse, but we are still 22 unbeaten. Yes the style and performances may have depreciated, but one might attribute this to tiredness and loss of form amongst certain players. The fact is, our spirit and team ethic is far better than any time over the past few years and will no doubt stand us in better stead come the Championship.

look at the football we are playing, not simply our position in the league - this is a more accurate yardstick of how we will perform against the likes of Cov, West Brom, Stoke and the like.... the game against MK on Sat was akin to what we should expect next season, and we struggled to draw against a better side - if we were playing with more style, attacking options and flair I would be happier, but we have become WORSE over the past few weeks, which is not a good sign

This could be due to tiredness. Think about the amount of games being played. I know it will be the same next year, but you can't expect to win every game.

But we shouldn't worry too much. MK Dons will have 7/8 (?) games to play this month, and it is highly unlikely they will win all of those. Not too fussed about teams in the play-off positions because they are even further behind and unlikely to catch us.

I need a wank and a cry.

Better out than in as they say :P

Whats going on with City at the minute? Ok, so they remain undefeated and its a damn good record they have, but the wins are really beginning to dry up now in a similar way to the initial victory push by Peter Taylor when we went to the top of the league and then a massive slide into non-win obscurity???

We may be playing worse, but we are still 22 unbeaten. Yes the style and performances may have depreciated, but one might attribute this to tiredness and loss of form amongst certain players. The fact is, our spirit and team ethic is far better than any time over the past few years and will no doubt stand us in better stead come the Championship.

dont agree - I think the reason we have struggled over the past few weeks is because sides are finally learning how to play against us ie. getting men behind the ball and giving us little space - what we can't seem to do is to alter our style of play to counter this... still reliant on the long-ball to Steve and the flick-ons - the one player who forced us to change this has unfortunately left us (Davies) in terms of having the pace to run at defences and to make space for Fryatt. Playing the same way against Championship sides will result in us becoming too predictable against teams who themselves have the ability to punish us.... which is not the case in League One

Can honestly see us struggling on Saturday.

Dyer is fucking god damn bastard awful & as soon as Pearson realises this, the better. Play Cleverley or Gradel, or whoever, just drop the twat. Same trick every time & the defenders read him like a book, he is crap.

Says alot about our team if Barry Hayles is being brought on to find us a winner.

Can honestly see us struggling on Saturday.

Dyer is fucking god damn bastard awful & as soon as Pearson realises this, the better. Play Cleverley or Gradel, or whoever, just drop the twat. Same trick every time & the defenders read him like a book, he is crap.

Says alot about our team if Barry Hayles is being brought on to find us a winner.

agree with you completely - why not Chambers? DJ? Billy Key? - bringing on Hayles at this stage of the game is not taking us forward surely!!!

bringing on Hayles at this stage of the game is not taking us forward surely!!!

He's a comedy act, not a footballer. Joke.

We just don't seem to have that bit of magic to unlock a defence at the minute.

This unbeaten run is all fine and dandy but the draws are begining to mount up.

Now that's fairly hypothetical.

Still 11 games to play for this season and you just don't know what's going to happen squad-wise with respect to 2009/2010.

Sadly, so can I.

nope... we will beat Cheltenham cos they'll do the same thing as other sides recently - get eleven men behind the ball and deny us space - but they'll be too shite to do it well - however, here's a thought.... why not change things around on Saturday? drop Howard and bring some pace into the side? bet he wont do it though.......

In order for Posh to catch us we need to lose 4 games out of the remaining 11. Can't see that happening in a million years.

And on top of that, Posh has to go on a incredible winning streak to surpass us. Again, that's never gonna happen.

I'm just as frustrated as the next man, but I still believe we'll go up without any problems.

Is it me? Am I imagining the Leicester City that are 12 points clear? Am I imagining the side that are 22 - 1 game more will be half a season! - games unbeaten?

Cleverley's shit, Dyer's shit, Hayles, pah! Where was Gradel? etc etc Why does everyone have to be a moaning bastard? Worse than the Villa fans booing at their top 4 side at the weekend.

I must have exagerated how crap the last 6 years have been because I'm proud of a team who - despite the various whinges - have rarely looked like losing for 90% of this season.

Cheer up FFS!

In order for Posh to catch us we need to lose 4 games out of the remaining 11. Can't see that happening in a million years.

And on top of that, Posh has to go on a incredible winning streak to surpass us. Again, that's never gonna happen.

I'm just as frustrated as the next man, but I still believe we'll go up without any problems.

I'm sure you're right Kareem.

:unsure: their goal diffeence is -35

lol

Cheltenham are gash. They not good enough to get 11 men behind the ball and get a point. Once the first goal goes in, it's buy 1 get 4 free.

Archived