Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Uninspiring. Post match thread.

Bollox.

We have to win against Chelts on Saturday. Against bottom team and expected to win. I'm assuming we should have won today with allthe chances in first half according to SSN.

But 1 point closer to whatever the promotion points target is.

Sadly since Davies' deparyure, we don't have a player who can break down resolute defences with something special. Why was Gradel left on the bench when he would be full of confidence after the weekend??

Cheltenham becomes an important game now....need to arrest this home run and get ourselves into the best possible position before a run of tough games.

A point is a point and at least we aren't losing! I am saying this most weeks now but its all good if you look at the bigger picture.

Now to take 3 points against our reserves/rejects on Saturday...

Swansea had exactly the same problem this time last season. Oakely just isn´t up to be able to control, dictate or change a game and with his experience he should be able to do this at this level.

We all know what Cheltenham will do on Saturday, stick all the men behind the ball and try to hold out for nil nil, will be another interesting 90 mins.

why have we suddenly changed to hoofball? it works yes but not for long as its sooooooooooo predictable.
We'll slowly get swallowed up by the chasing pack at this rate, this unbeaten run is fantastic but too many draws are creeping in.

1. Have a look outside your window at the weather.

2. Have a listen to how the defense was packed with the intention of leaving with a point.

We'll slowly get swallowed up by the chasing pack at this rate, this unbeaten run is fantastic but too many draws are creeping in.

The chasing pack are gash themselves. We have 1 win in 5 or 6 or whatever it is, and we're still 12 points ahead very comfortable.

None of the chasing pack are good enough to put together a string of wins and catch us. We'll go up, no problems.

And let's not forget, Stockport is actually a pretty good side.

Meh.

came away early tonight - yes it was wet and slippy, yes it was the aftermath of the Dons game BUT that was fookin rubbish and for those peeps that have been completely prematurely saying that we will make the play-offs next season, think again..... lots of effort from the lads over the last few weeks but the football we are playing has definately got worse not better (for me, linked to the loss of Tunchev and Davies) - said it before and will say it again, its great that we are going up but I fear it could be too soon.....

The chasing pack are gash themselves. We have 1 win in 5 or 6 or whatever it is, and we're still 12 points ahead very comfortable.

None of the chasing pack are good enough to put together a string of wins and catch us. We'll go up, no problems.

And let's not forget, Stockport is actually a pretty good side.

The chasing pack have badly missed out. Millwall have thrown away a great chance to catch us up, as have MK Dons (who now have three extra matches to play).

5 draws in 6 matches, and still 12 points ahead.

Annoyed Gradel didn't get a start tonight.

Totally disagree. The chasing pack are probably more under pressure to win their games. And if anything, I think they'll be settling for second place because they know we won't fall so dramatically.

The chasing pack are shit. They're not gonna catch us. If anyone are, it'll probably be MK Dons. And I don't even believe they will.

People are forgetting that the play-off teams are more inconsistent than we are. We'll be alright. We'll go up as planned.

no we wont - thats bollox - the chasing pack are simply not good enough to catch us - a feature of League One football.. what worries me is that we have become so average recently and how that may affect confidence for next season

came away early tonight - yes it was wet and slippy, yes it was the aftermath of the Dons game BUT that was fookin rubbish and for those peeps that have been completely prematurely saying that we will make the play-offs next season, think again..... lots of effort from the lads over the last few weeks but the football we are playing has definately got worse not better (for me, linked to the loss of Tunchev and Davies) - said it before and will say it again, its great that we are going up but I fear it could be too soon.....

Not at all, we needed to get out of this league asap and we have done that but what's also key is we have done it by staying unbeaten, having consistency which is something we didn't have in the past few seasons. Its getting that losing mentality out of the players' minds and that is something Nigel Pearson is starting to achieve. Next season we need to have good preparation (providing we get promoted!) and sign players in the right places. Judging by the loan signings we have made, I think Pearson has a good eye in the transfer market so I have a lot of confidence in him.

The chasing pack are shit. They're not gonna catch us. If anyone are, it'll probably be MK Dons. And I don't even believe they will.

People are forgetting that the play-off teams are more inconsistent than we are. We'll be alright. We'll go up as planned.

Definitely, the teams below us are too inconsistent so there is very little chance they will catch us up, and even if they do, there are 2 automatic positions! No way are 2 teams going to catch us up and knock us off top spot.

Archived