Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Feeling Negative!

That was a devastating day was`nt it ? some people still blame that defeat for our subsequent demise although we were 4th in the premiership at the time having topped it earlier, so I`d swap that for right now but will never forget (with your help Davie) that awful day !

I don't think we'll ever have a better chance of winning the Cup.

So gutted and angry we threw away a great opportunity to make history. Taylor's attitude towards the match was appalling.

Didn't they advertise locally for a striker for the match?

Didn't he score?

lol lol You have to admit, from a neutral perspective, if that happened to another club we'd piss ourselves.

Indeed tbey did. Roy Essandoh scored last minute I think.

If you type in Leicester vs Wycombe in Google, and then read the BBC report from the match, it says how half the players didn't even know his name when he came on in the match.

Didn't they advertise locally for a striker for the match?

Didn't he score?

lol lol You have to admit, from a neutral perspective, if that happened to another club we'd piss ourselves.

Didn't you read the text?

This was the FA Cup at its very best, with the second division side beating the Premier League side thanks to a winner from the most unlikely of heroes. Roy Essandoh's agent contacted Wycombe after reading on Teletext they were in the market for a stopgap striker as six of theirs were injured.

When he stepped off the bench with 17 minutes left, most of his new team-mates were struggling to remember his name. But deep into injury time, he headed in late to ensure his name would never be forgotten at Wycombe, who found themselves facing Liverpool in the FA Cup semi-final.

Watch the video now...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That is the reason why i hate Wycombe fc. Such a negative feel to the club after that game.

Then the season after. <_<

Considering the fact we'd have played Liverpool in the semi-final, who we'd just thorougly outplayed and beaten 2-0 in the league a week before this quarter-final, I believe we really could've won it.

We were struggling away from home before this, but it just collapsed after that goal. If we'd sacked Taylor in the summer of 2001, would we have gone down the next season? It's a poser.

Considering the fact we'd have played Liverpool in the semi-final, who we'd just thorougly outplayed and beaten 2-0 in the league a week before this quarter-final, I believe we really could've won it.

We were struggling away from home before this, but it just collapsed after that goal. If we'd sacked Taylor in the summer of 2001, would we have gone down the next season? It's a poser.

I think we would of done to be honest, or a matter of time afterwards.

After MON left, obviously the coaching staff and other key players left, i always thought Lennon was so significent in our side which i was I loved him.

I think the team generally was playing for O'Neil. Which was tottaly different to Taylor, whom apperently lost the dressing room. To be honest it was such a difficult task for Taylor to carry on after O'Neil. He did take us top of the league though!

I think we would of done to be honest, or a matter of time afterwards.

After MON left, obviously the coaching staff and other key players left, i always thought Lennon was so significent in our side which i was I loved him.

I think the team generally was playing for O'Neil. Which was tottaly different to Taylor, whom apperently lost the dressing room. To be honest it was such a difficult task for Taylor to carry on after O'Neil. He did take us top of the league though!

Maybe.

Lennon going was a massive blow, not just his presence going but Muzzy never looked the same after he left.

The team loved O'Neill, because he earned their respect. Taylor tried to be a mate to the senior players, like Elliott and Taggart, and getting rid of Walsh and Cottee so soon didn't help.

It was a difficult task, granted, but he had plenty of money to spend, and was left with a brilliant, top-half Premiership squad, so he had plenty of resources available (what could we have done if O'Neill had the Heskey money to spend?) He did, and I'll never forget that :scarf:

That day when City were beaten by Wycombe should be a happy memory for all City supporters.

Why?

Beacause it signalled the beginning of the end for that total willy puller Peter Taylor!

Archived