Bert Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 The Merc have spoken, c'mon Bert, when have they ever been wrong? Ah yeah, shit. Thanks for putting me in my place Tilley.
Corky Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 I don't think anyone from our club has actually stated Howard is suspended though have they? Is it just the OS and The Merc? Hasn't Pearson said he is? Or is that me imagining things? Tills, we were surrounded. And they didn't look like people who would wish us well for the future either
Alf Bentley Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 Hayles.Aslong as its not Dickov Seconded, or sixty-seconded or something...Hayles for 60 mins, then Chambers off the bench to run at tiring defenders...and Dickov at home listening to Radio Leicester! Mind you, a reckless manager might say: - v. Colchester: play Gradel up front with Fryatt (no, not as a Howard-style target man!). Instruct him to run all over the shop, pulling holes in their defence for others to exploit, even if Maxi doesn't pop one in, which he's well capable of...didn't he score about 9 for Bournemouth during the season they went down from L1, after all?! - v. Posh: play 4-5-1, Fryatt alone up front, firm in defence, dominant in midfield with Dyer and King instructed to get forward more...use Dyer's speed on the counter-attack and King's late runs to the edge of the area for towering headers and 25-yard pile drivers... Returning to reality, I anticipate 60 mins of Hayles, then 2 mins of Dickov, who'll come off the bench, launch an unprovoked knee-high tackle at someone, poke the ref in the chest, yell abuse at officials and depart, the red mist before his eyes perfectly matching the colour of the ref's card...
AoWW Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 You did read out the Liverpool score, which was handy Tilley can read? Blimey.
Tilley Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 Tills, we were surrounded. And they didn't look like people who would wish us well for the future either I know, when we got off the train, I was walking whilst watching my feet. That sign saying, "Visiting Supporters" was the best thing I've seen in years. Praying someone has made a cock up with this Howard suspension.
Bert Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 Hasn't Pearson said he is? Or is that me imagining things? Tills, we were surrounded. And they didn't look like people who would wish us well for the future either Seeing as I asked the question, that would indicate that i do not know.
Corky Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 I know, when we got off the train, I was walking whilst watching my feet.That sign saying, "Visiting Supporters" was the best thing I've seen in years. Praying someone has made a cock up with this Howard suspension. Definitely. You could feel the tension around the place. At least we weren't wearing colours. Seeing as I asked the question, that would indicate that i do not know. Ah sorry
unreachable Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 Just listened again to Pearson postmatch on Radio Leicesterhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_2/7923238.stm "...disappointed with Steve's booking...we lose him now....suspended..." Is Nigel right? As I said before Pearson said Howard is suspended. I'm still not convinced when you look at LCFC Official Programme for Cheltenham Town match, Football League website and Soccerbase website. Someone provide evidence (apart from Mercury and Pearson) that Howard has been booked 10 times - I challenge you!
Koke Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 As I said before Pearson said Howard is suspended. I'm still not convinced when you look at LCFC Official Programme for Cheltenham Town match, Football League website and Soccerbase website. Someone provide evidence (apart from Mercury and Pearson) that Howard has been booked 10 times - I challenge you! Nobody can. I think Nigel, The OS and The Mercury made one massive cock-up. As far as I know, Howard is available for Colchester and Posh unless it's proved that he's got 10 bookings.
unreachable Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 He didn't get booked against Tranmere did he? Howard not booked according to Tranmere Rovers OS http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/page/Match...5~44882,00.html nor LCFC OS http://www.lcfc.com/page/MatchReport/0,,10274~44882,00.html
Koke Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 This is annoying me. I can't sleep until we solve where this extra mystery booking came from.
lcfcsam1 Posted 17 March 2009 Posted 17 March 2009 Howard got booked against crystal palace i think and the football league made an administrative error, which meant this was not tallied up on the stats. He HAS received 10 cautions and is suspended for two games.
StanSP Posted 17 March 2009 Posted 17 March 2009 Howard got booked against crystal palace i think and the football league made an administrative error, which meant this was not tallied up on the stats.He HAS received 10 cautions and is suspended for two games. Spoilsport.
unreachable Posted 17 March 2009 Posted 17 March 2009 Howard got booked against crystal palace i think and the football league made an administrative error, which meant this was not tallied up on the stats.He HAS received 10 cautions and is suspended for two games. According to LCFC OS there were no bookings in home match against Crystal Palace and 2 in away replay. Soccerbase.com says Chambers and Gradel were booked in the replay Can anyone find a source for Howard's ten bookings?
unreachable Posted 17 March 2009 Posted 17 March 2009 Howard got booked against crystal palace i think and the football league made an administrative error, which meant this was not tallied up on the stats.He HAS received 10 cautions and is suspended for two games. In an attempt to satisfy my curiosity I've just spoken to John at Belvoir Drive who told me that Howard did get booked at Crystal Palace in the FA Cup replay on 14.01.09. He accepts that the Official Programmes should show Howard was booked but don't - also he accepts the error in the Match Report on LCFC OS which only shows 2 bookings and not the correct figure of 3 bookings for Gradel, Chambers and Howard Soccerbase.com incorrectly does not show Howard's bookings - so much for statistics and records - obviously human error prevents records and statistics from being accurate! I'll now retire into the background!
Dr The Singh Posted 17 March 2009 Posted 17 March 2009 In an attempt to satisfy my curiosity I've just spoken to John at Belvoir Drive who told me that Howard did get booked at Crystal Palace in the FA Cup replay on 14.01.09. He accepts that the Official Programmes should show Howard was booked but don't - also he accepts the error in the Match Report on LCFC OS which only shows 2 bookings and not the correct figure of 3 bookings for Gradel, Chambers and HowardSoccerbase.com incorrectly does not show Howard's bookings - so much for statistics and records - obviously human error prevents records and statistics from being accurate! I'll now retire into the background! Please don't, i really enjoyed all 14 posts you've made!!!
unreachable Posted 17 March 2009 Posted 17 March 2009 Please don't damn me with faint praise! I'm happy now - I now the truth!
Dr The Singh Posted 17 March 2009 Posted 17 March 2009 Please don't damn me with faint praise! I'm happy now - I now the truth! Don't go, you'll be unreachable, unreachable!!!!!!
StanSP Posted 17 March 2009 Posted 17 March 2009 Don't go, you'll be unreachable, unreachable!!!!!! Didn't see that one coming
unreachable Posted 17 March 2009 Posted 17 March 2009 I know I'll be accused by some members as being like a dog with a bone with regard to Howard's booking at Crystal Palace but I've just checked the archive on the FA's official site http://www.thefa.com/templates/generic/Com...CACHEHINT=Guest and again only 2 bookings are shown for Gradel and Chambers but not for Howard. I repeat that Howard's booking in that match is not recorded on the official sites of the Football League, the FA, BBC Sport, Leicester City FC Official Site, Soccerbase.com, last LCFC Official Programme Although I spoke to John at Belvoir Drive who said that Howard had been booked why on earth isn't it even recorded on the FA's official site - I DEMAND PROPER EVIDENCE OF THE BOOKING!!!! Perhaps I should disappear to a darkened room!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.