Thracian Posted 15 March 2009 Posted 15 March 2009 Warner; Gilbert, Hobbs, Morrison, Mattock; Cleverley, King, Oakley, Dyer, Porter Fryatt. Subs: Pentney, Kisnorbo, Berner, Gradel, Chambers.
AjcW Posted 15 March 2009 Author Posted 15 March 2009 Dont suppose knowit(i cant remember if its all or ail...) is about to tell us if there are any striker loan signings about to happen ?????
Fez of Mahrez Posted 15 March 2009 Posted 15 March 2009 Warner;Gilbert, Hobbs, Morrison, Mattock; Cleverley, King, Oakley, Dyer, Porter Fryatt. Subs: Pentney, Kisnorbo, Berner, Gradel, Chambers. Like-for-like replacement then? I'd just stick Hayles in. He's done well in his little cameos recently and the team are used to a targetman.
Jimmy Posted 15 March 2009 Posted 15 March 2009 Warner/Stockdale Gilbert Morrison Hobbs MattockCleverley Oakley King GradelChambers FryattSubs Pentney, Kisnorbo, Dyer, Hayles, Porter
General Smuts Posted 15 March 2009 Posted 15 March 2009 Bazza looked sharp yesterday, i'd take him for 2 games with Chambers on the bench and Dickov back in La Manga nick for crimes against footballing ability.
Father Ted Posted 15 March 2009 Posted 15 March 2009 I think it will be Bazza with Chambers or/and Dickov on the bench.
King Cal Posted 15 March 2009 Posted 15 March 2009 Start with Hayles and Fryatt. When coming off the bench Barry has made an impact, why not give him the opportunity. He's making the most of his time on the pitch which is alot more than Dickov and Chambers have. Why not have Sappleton on the bench if Barry cant complete 90, he's a big striker give him a chance
teblin Posted 15 March 2009 Posted 15 March 2009 Yellow cards According to that he only has 8 bookings?
foxaholic Posted 15 March 2009 Posted 15 March 2009 I just hope we dont play as shockingly as the last time steve was out....when we made matty target man!!!!! hahaha We won at S****horpe without him one of the best wins of the season .
Guest Posted 15 March 2009 Posted 15 March 2009 Yellow cardsAccording to that he only has 8 bookings? You've gotta love Big Steve's foul count though - 133 in total
Flynny Posted 15 March 2009 Posted 15 March 2009 Hayles or Chambers in a more footballing 4-4-2. We need to make sure we can cope without him bullying defenders with long-balls, he and we won't get away with it in the division above.
clazkel Posted 15 March 2009 Posted 15 March 2009 Pentney Gilbert Hobbs Morrison BernerCleverly Oakley King HaylesChambers Fryatt
Bert Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 Warner;Gilbert, Hobbs, Morrison, Mattock; Cleverley, King, Oakley, Dyer, Porter Fryatt. Subs: Pentney, Kisnorbo, Berner, Gradel, Chambers. You moan about people coming in to play when not having match practice. So what's the difference with Porter?
Thracian Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 You moan about people coming in to play when not having match practice. So what's the difference with Porter? None. I think it ludicrous and petty that he's not had chance to go out on loan to get his match fitness back but he's not alone. Dickov, Hayles, Chambers, Powell, Pentley, Edworthy, Brown, even Gradel are other examples of first team contenders who will be short of serious competitive match practice. And when I've see any of them play it shows. Porter is picked simply because even acknowledging the above he remains, to me, the best option. At least he can pass and retain possession which I'm not convinced any other potential striker replacement can do.
Daggers Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 Barry will start on Saturday with a bucketful of confidence on the back of this weekend. I think he'll do ok. Ideal situation? Far from it.
Joe. Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 From what I've seen recently, Barry's got it in him to take over for a game. I'd love to see him score.
jimmer Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 I also went for 4-5-1.------------------------------------------------------Warner-------------------------------------------------------------- -----Gilbert----------------------------Hobbs--------------------Morrison----------------------------Mattock---------- -------------------------------------------------Berner/Paddy K--------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------Oakley---------------------------------------------King------------------------------------- -------Cleverly--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Gradel-------------- ---------------------------------------------------------Fryatt------------------------------------------------------------ Paddy in midfield...........................
Fox in a Box Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 Monday, March 16, 2009, 09:30 Steve Howard, Leicester City's match-winner at Millwall on Saturday, will miss the next two games. Howard scored the only goal at the New Den to keep City nine points clear at the top of League One. But the striker also picked up his 10th booking of the season – and that means he will be banned for Saturday's home clash against Colchester and the vital battle against second-placed Peterborough the following week. City manager Nigel Pearson felt Howard was hard done by after his challenge with Millwall's Tony Craig, but there is no right of appeal against a yellow card. Pearson said: "I was disappointed with the booking. I talked to the referee about that and asked if he would have booked him without the response of the crowd and their players. Click here! "But you have to take it on the chin. It happens and we have to deal with it." Howard, who seemed to be relishing the combat, was replaced late in the game, to his obvious frustration. Pearson said: "I would expect players to be disappointed at coming off. My job is to make decisions and, if I need to change the shape, I will do. "I know he is disappointed but I am pleased he is disappointed." Barry Hayles, who went on in the second half on Saturday, and Paul Dickov will be challenging for the slot alongside top scorer Matty Fryatt while Howard is out. The victory meant City closed out a tough week with a nine-point lead over Peterborough. Pearson said: "That is encouraging because we have had not a lean spell but a difficult run of fixtures and it gets us three points nearer to where we want to be. "It was important because we had lost in midweek. "I got an immediate response, which is good, and I am pleased for the players, the staff and the fans."
Joe. Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 Warner Gilbert --- Hobbs --- Morrison --- Mattock Oakley --- King --- Berner --- Gradel Hayles --- Fryatt
Fez of Mahrez Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 WarnerGilbert --- Hobbs --- Morrison --- Mattock Oakley --- King --- Berner --- Gradel Hayles --- Fryatt Thought Cleverley was one of our best players on Saturday and will be key to us keeping it on the floor for the next couple of weeks which we'll need to do without Howard. Think it's very important he plays. Just my opinion though.
General Smuts Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 Thought Cleverley was one of our best players on Saturday and will be key to us keeping it on the floor for the next couple of weeks which we'll need to do without Howard. Think it's very important he plays. Just my opinion though. When did we sign Iain Hume back? I had to do a double take at kick off yesterday! Agreed though Cleverley looked very good on Saturday.
Joe. Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 Thought Cleverley was one of our best players on Saturday and will be key to us keeping it on the floor for the next couple of weeks which we'll need to do without Howard. Think it's very important he plays. Just my opinion though. Putting him in my chosen team did cross my mind after his performance on Saturday, but the jury's still out for me. From what I've seen since he's been with us I don't think he'll cut it at a higher level, and I'd personally be disappointed if we made any further advances to sign him. He's not been a total flop by any stretch; some good performances against Walsall and Millwall have been encouraging, but he's nowhere near consistent enough for me.
Fez of Mahrez Posted 16 March 2009 Posted 16 March 2009 Putting him in my chosen team did cross my mind after his performance on Saturday, but the jury's still out for me. From what I've seen since he's been with us I don't think he'll cut it at a higher level, and I'd personally be disappointed if we made any further advances to sign him. He's not been a total flop by any stretch; some good performances against Walsall and Millwall have been encouraging, but he's nowhere near consistent enough for me. I agree he's inconsistent. I think he's one of those that needs players around him to be playing well to bring the best out of him, which can be frustrating. When Oakley has the kind of space that Walsall and Cheltenham afforded him, Cleverley is the ideal player to play off him. I also think he's suffered a little bit from being compared to Mark Davies and he's obviously not physically developed enough to play central midfield in a competitive league just yet. You can tell he's being trained by top Premiership coaches though, the way he will hold onto the ball if there are no decent options and isn't afraid to retreat as long as he can retain possession. I thought his workrate was fantastic on Saturday, especially after 90 hard minutes at Tranmere on Wednesday. It will be interesting to see how Cleverley's career pans out. This is all great experience for him and I think he'd be an asset next season, if not an automatic starter every week.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.