Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

The Inbetweeners

They completely bottled the vomit on the kids head scene, and just skipped completely the whole "bumder" and we're alcoholics scene, and Mr Gilbert is not the same.

What the fvck was that water fight scene at the end, oh that was awful.

Edit: I think it was actually so bad it was enjoyable in my hatred for it, will probably watch the next one just to hate it.

lol they seem to have sped everything up as well. It's just all so 'fake'. I have no words...

Actually the one funny moment* was one that wasn't in the British series, they should have just made a typical yank teen comedy, or taken Will's character and dumped him in US school.

*Simon's brother taking the piss out of Jay.

Edit: Be interesting to see if they go full ball on the insulting the disabled kids on the roller coaster.

Actually the one funny moment* was one that wasn't in the British series, they should have just made a typical yank teen comedy, or taken Will's character and dumped him in US school.

*Simon's brother taking the piss out of Jay.

Edit: Be interesting to see if they go full ball on the insulting the disabled kids on the roller coaster.

I'm watching it and hoping the last episode in the series is the American version of Big John going all Columbine.

That was bad, like real bad, just the complete lack of any sort of subtlety, build up and actual banter between them, which is what really makes the UK show, they just sort of shout at each other in a typical over the top comedy acting way.

Am i alone in thinking this is ok? obviously not a patch on OUR version which we thought of first by the way. How dare they copy it???

Stop comparing it to the original and its watchable.

Carly is looking a lot better.

But Carly is not supposed to be really fit, she is supposed to be a bitch, and not all that, and everyone but Simon can see it.

To make her fit misses the point.

As a comedy it is poorly paced and the jokes are set-up too quickly and the punch-line delivered poorly, the soundtrack is annoying and intrusive, the characters are one dimensional and hard to sympathise with.

As I said it would probably be ok as a yank teen comedy, but to call it the inbetweeners, and pretty much copy the script and pussy out of some of the funny bits is a bit of an insult to the original.

Saw the first half of this last night, had no intention of seeing it through to the end. The only remotely funny bit I thought was when Simon told the footballer to "piss off" and the new kid thought it was aimed at him. Other than that, it felt like a bunch of American kids who watched the original series and tried to re-enact some of the scenes for a YouTube video. Casting was awful, obvious mistranslation of humour, poor cues, dumbed down... nothing going for it. Was expecting as much

That was bad, like real bad, just the complete lack of any sort of subtlety, build up and actual banter between them, which is what really makes the UK show, they just sort of shout at each other in a typical over the top comedy acting way.

I never thought I'd see "subtlety" used to descibe the Inbetweeners, whether talking about the UK or American version.

I never thought I'd see "subtlety" used to descibe the Inbetweeners, whether talking about the UK or American version.

There was a lot of subtlety in the UK one, not in the big jokes, but in the interaction between the characters, in the US one every time they made a crack about Neil's Dad Neil had to say "he's not gay!" just so everyone understood.

The whole football friend thing couldn't work in the states either, just the silly niggling of Jay until he cracks.

Even though they went for it with the disabled kids on the roller coaster, they still had to be wearing T-shirts to spell out they were disabled and on a make a wish type trip, and when they drove off at the end they had to be waving spray cans just so that everyone knew it was them that trashed the car.

I'm going to go out on a limb here (and I'm aware I'll be in the minority) - but if you watch the second episode and actually forget it's relation to the British series - it's fairly passable. Don't get me wrong, I didn't cry laughing but it's hardly the devil's work as some have suggested - in any case, surely Beesley and Morris could've pulled the plug on the project had they not wanted their work tarnished?

I can understand the negative reaction to the show itself - but this whole spiel of "AMERICA ROBBED OUR SHOW AND COPIED IT WHY YOU RUINING OUR SHOWS YANKS?!?!?!?" absolutely pathetic considering the two creators of the programme wanted the adaption to happen and worked on the thing.

still in shock. for this to be cancelled even in america where they watch some proper shite, this must be truly horrendous.

If I was going to reply to that with the same ignorance and blindness the statement was made with - I could argue that we live in a country where Miranda wins comedy awards and they live in one that cancels the best comedy show of all time in Arrested Development.

Both countries produce some excellent comedies - unfortunately viewing figures dictate so much. My Family ran for 11 series, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace ran for 1. Does that mean we watch 'proper shite' too and anything that get's cancelled must be 'truly horrendous?'

I'm going to go out on a limb here (and I'm aware I'll be in the minority) - but if you watch the second episode and actually forget it's relation to the British series - it's fairly passable. Don't get me wrong, I didn't cry laughing but it's hardly the devil's work as some have suggested - in any case, surely Beesley and Morris could've pulled the plug on the project had they not wanted their work tarnished?

I can understand the negative reaction to the show itself - but this whole spiel of "AMERICA ROBBED OUR SHOW AND COPIED IT WHY YOU RUINING OUR SHOWS YANKS?!?!?!?" absolutely pathetic considering the two creators of the programme wanted the adaption to happen and worked on the thing.

If I was going to reply to that with the same ignorance and blindness the statement was made with - I could argue that we live in a country where Miranda wins comedy awards and they live in one that cancels the best comedy show of all time in Arrested Development.

Both countries produce some excellent comedies - unfortunately viewing figures dictate so much. My Family ran for 11 series, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace ran for 1. Does that mean we watch 'proper shite' too and anything that get's cancelled must be 'truly horrendous?'

alright mate, keep your knickers on! whilst i agree with the point you are making, i absolutely love garth marenghi, nathan barley etc etc, but they were shown at a silly time at night on channel 4 where they were never likely to achieve massive viewing figures. my family has been in a prime slot for most of its 11 series, and will attract a high number of viewers (god knows why).

I did watch both episodes last night, and whilst the second one was a slight improvement, it was still pretty pisspoor.

EDIT: arrested development isnt that great either tbh. now if you'd said curb your enthusiasm.....

Archived