Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

The Inbetweeners

One more series, 10-12 epsiodes to finish off the A Levels, no more needed.

Please, no more after that.

My god this show got seriously killed. I don't mind people liking stuff, but when people keep quoting all the time it gets annoying.

''I made you all a Coq Au Vin....A cock of what? A coq au vin, its french for chicken in red wine sauce isn't it Patrice?''

Morning Benders

Great news on the third series

Leukemia > Your opinion about what's funny.

Only joking geez, you are very very wrong though.

lol lol

Back on topic, I can see a 3rd series going horribly wrong, to be honest. I fear it might be killed completely like Skins.

• 3 years later...

Meant to be well shit, might even run Towie close.

There was a clip of their version of 'bus wankers' on YT yesterday.

They now call the blokes at the bus stop 'bus turds.'

Fair to say I wanted the US version to go from a quick throttling to a Bonnie and Clyde style shoot out, it was as bad as that.

One of the worst things I've ever seen.

To be fair they can't just use every script word for word and wankers doesn't really translate, although bus turds sounds a bit like bastards in an American accent, but then the inbetweeners is like the word wankers, it just doesn't translate to American.

I may watch this but I think it would just annoy me, I am curious why the picked a fat transvestite to play Jay.

To be fair they can't just use every script word for word and wankers doesn't really translate, although bus turds sounds a bit like bastards in an American accent, but then the inbetweeners is like the word wankers, it just doesn't translate to American.

I may watch this but I think it would just annoy me, I am curious why the picked a fat transvestite to play Jay.

It's not just that though, I've seen a fair few clips on youtube and everything about it is terrible. Like the frisbee thrown into the girl in a wheelchair...they changed it to an American football hitting a lad on crutches, it just doesn't come across the same.

It's not just that though, I've seen a fair few clips on youtube and everything about it is terrible. Like the frisbee thrown into the girl in a wheelchair...they changed it to an American football hitting a lad on crutches, it just doesn't come across the same.

I'm pretty sure they have ruined it and completely missed the point of all the characters, even though they are pretty one dimensional, I think that it is because it just doesn't exist in the US, especially Mr Gilbert. Just the whole amoral nature of the show they don't learn their lesson, they don't become cool, and even when something does go right it goes wrong in the end.

I do think that there is just too much Englishness to work with there to turn it into an american show, they may need a couple of seasons before they can actually develop the characters themselves, because I'm sure there is an equivalent in the US, in fact thinking about it, the inbetweeners is just an English American Pie, 4 uncool but not geeks, trying to get laid, trying to be cool, and ending up in ridiculous situations, including the embarrassing parents.

It is a weird one though, if they just took the idea and not the scripts it would be just another american teen sit-com, but with the English scripts it doesn't really make sense, will the peadophile and gay jokes, and the "banter" really come across in the US?

Doubt it some how, but like I said I'll probably watch even if only to rip it to shreds.

Hmm:

The show premiered on MTV on August 20, 2012 and has received mixed critical reaction.[1] On November 28, 2012, MTV decided to cancel the show due to low ratings.[2]

Like Shrap says, it's just never going to work in America. The humour is just so British.

From the clips I've seen of the US version it looks completely terrible, they've taken the same characters, storyline and most of the script and then thrown everything bad about American comedy in with it.

Another thing is the characters are badly miscast.

Heres a boring fact for you.

Ive been a fan of Inbetweeners for a while-i love the childish humour

Ive been on about it to the Mrs and she refuses to watch it.

The film was on tv a while back,i was on nights so missed it but the Mrs must have ended up watching it.

She texted me saying the hotel we stayed in the last couple of years is in the film!

(the bit around the pool with the twatty kid!)

I thought she was taking the piss but she was adamant.

I ended up buying the DVD just to check it out and she's right!!

Though the film is supposedly set in Malia,the hotel is in palma Nova Mallorca!...

http://www.ponentmar.com/ing_servicios.htm

Told you it was a boring fact!!!

the class thing doesnt translate into US humour - Will is supposed to represent privilege fallen on hard times - all the briefcase references are because he carries his whilst no-one at the sink school would be seen dead with one . There is no sense of class divide in US society just the ones with money and the ones with less

Heres a boring fact for you.

Ive been a fan of Inbetweeners for a while-i love the childish humour

Ive been on about it to the Mrs and she refuses to watch it.

The film was on tv a while back,i was on nights so missed it but the Mrs must have ended up watching it.

She texted me saying the hotel we stayed in the last couple of years is in the film!

(the bit around the pool with the twatty kid!)

I thought she was taking the piss but she was adamant.

I ended up buying the DVD just to check it out and she's right!!

Though the film is supposedly set in Malia,the hotel is in palma Nova Mallorca!...

http://www.ponentmar...g_servicios.htm

Told you it was a boring fact!!!

If you'd just asked, I could have told you it was filmed in Magaluf.

Just seen The Inbetweeners US starts tomorrow on E4.

Do they have to do all our decent programmes in their own version? :banghead:

They took John Cleese out of Fawlty Towers in their country. The main character, and the person who co-wrote it.

Can't get worse than that.

Oh it's awful, it is fvcking awful, it has completely missed the point of Neil and Jay, and decided to completely ruin any attempt at character development and subtlety.

Will is too pretty boy and normal looking, Neil is just a stereotypical american stoner slacker dumb type, Jay and Simon are fairly close representations of Jay and Will, but just one dimensional, and they have tried to cram too much into the first episode, if I didn't know the show I would be confused.

If it wasn't called the Inbetweeners it would probably be passable American teen comedy fare, but it really is just a massive steaming wet dump all over the original.

They completely bottled the vomit on the kids head scene, and just skipped completely the whole "bumder" and we're alcoholics scene, and Mr Gilbert is not the same.

What the fvck was that water fight scene at the end, oh that was awful.

Edit: I think it was actually so bad it was enjoyable in my hatred for it, will probably watch the next one just to hate it.

Archived