Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

1 hour ago, Hoopla10 said:

If this lovely song has been something to hold onto during this lockdown covid year so far

Summer is coming...

Wow someone else out there likes them. :appl:

I have a ticket to their twice postponed Royal  Albert Hall show, currently TBA, every time I mention them to anyone I get a blank look. Then I try to explain what they’re like and you can see them totally glazing over. :D

• Like 1

Stumbled across them about a year ago and loved them straight away. 

Saw they’re playing the Royal Concert Hall in Nottingham next year, thinking about going so had another listen and I’m not quite feeling it so much anymore. 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2021 at 18:39, Livid said:

Wow someone else out there likes them. :appl:

I have a ticket to their twice postponed Royal  Albert Hall show, currently TBA, every time I mention them to anyone I get a blank look. Then I try to explain what they’re like and you can see them totally glazing over. :D

Yeah, we have tickets for their Birmingham concert (I wanted to get the Albert Hall dates tbh). Not sure what's happening now. They said it will be rearranged but I have to presume Pink Martini will have other dates booked through the rest of this year. 

• Like 1

In 2019 Sharon Von Etten's Seventeen was by far my favorite song of the year. Something about it resonated so strongly with me.

"Downtown hot spots
Halfway through this life
I used to feel free
Was it just a dream?" 

Still burn tears into my eyes. 

2021 and she collab's with Angel Olsen to do it again. Loving this tune so much.

Plus obsessing over Du Blonde's album.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Posted on so many occasions..but so what? Absolute peak Dylan imo and possibly the most revisited album in my collection and without doubt the greatest confessional album ever recorded. 

Brilliant man and yeah for me possibly the most revisited records of his that I play too. If it's not Blood On The Tracks then it's Blonde on Blonde, Highway 61 or Bringing It All Back Home which are all top level albums.

"Idiot Wind" is still my favourite from this album. Lyrics are so sharply aimed yet make me laugh. 

"You're an idiot, babe, it's a wonder that you still know how to breathe"

15 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Yeah, we have tickets for their Birmingham concert (I wanted to get the Albert Hall dates tbh). Not sure what's happening now. They said it will be rearranged but I have to presume Pink Martini will have other dates booked through the rest of this year. 

I had a look on their website they did have a few European dates for next summer but nothing in the UK. 

I have tickets for Parkway Drive at Wembley Arena and that’s similar. Whole European tour to rearrange. It can’t be easy, Aussie band and I believe  Australia has been pretty strict on letting people back into the country. They need to rearrange dates but be sure they’re going to go ahead. 

• Like 1

Released 29 years ago today. Probably the most eagerly awaited album I've ever bought. Got a vinyl copy from Ainleys and probably listened to it a dozen times that night. I don't listen to FNM a great deal nowaday, or much metal really but this Album is a true classic. 5 top easily. 

Faith-No-More-Angel-Dust_1497821134_crop_550x550.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Soup said:

I love the original Peter Green stuff. Some absolutely stunning stuff. 

Agreed. I see people talking about Fleetwood Mac all time now but the original Peter Green stuff was the best for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed. I see people talking about Fleetwood Mac all time now but the original Peter Green stuff was the best for me.

Yeah me too. I prefer the raw bluesy sound. I don't totally dislike them later on and obviously Rumours sold like a billion copies Apart from The Chain and Never Going Back Again, it's just a middle of the road album, for me anyway

• Like 1