Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Blondie are one of them bands I'd love to have seen live, back when they were top of their game, and Debbie is just so cool.

Booked to see her in Nottingham in November, then started to watch a recent performance on Amazon and I’m not sure anymore. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Livid said:

Booked to see her in Nottingham in November, then started to watch a recent performance on Amazon and I’m not sure anymore. 

Yeah, I get that, it's what put me off going. She is 75 after all. There's loads of old bands I love but don't bother going to see because of their vocals now.

I saw the Rolling Stones a couple years back as Jagger is quite strong but a lot me going there was to see Richards' guitar work too.

Unfortunately, for me, Blondie are one of those that I wish I'd have been able to see in the 70s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, I get that, it's what put me off going. She is 75 after all. There's loads of old bands I love but don't bother going to see because of their vocals now.

I saw the Rolling Stones a couple years back as Jagger is quite strong but a lot me going there was to see Richards' guitar work too.

Unfortunately, for me, Blondie are one of those that I wish I'd have been able to see in the 70s.

Me too, i wish i had seen them years ago, but if i did go i think i'd have the same experience as seeing bob dylan a few years ago....just very dissapointed.

• Like 1

I saw Brian Wilson 3 times, can't sing, can't hardy play keyboards or bass

but his band is incredible, and It's great to watch them all pay hommage to his genius

I cried several times during theses gigs, so emotional 

• Like 1

I went to Don Valley to see the Stones 20 years ago and it was beyond terrible. You couldn't sing along with any song as Jagger is obviously so bored of signing the lyrics he just changes the melody of the tune, to the point that some songs are unrecognisable. I might as well of dropped a needle on a record at home and spunked £120 on a nice bottle of Brandy. 

Went to see The Rolling Stoned in Stamford once and it was a far better night and I don't usually like cover bands.

Currently reading Monolithic Undertow by Harry Sword. Its about drone, the universal hum. He's writing about its use in music, religion and subculture. Covering everything from its neolithic beginnings, to fervent spiritualism, right through to acid house, industrial & avant-garde sound artists.

Really good read. Although slow-going as he name checks loads of artists, tracks & albums which you feel compelled to check out online and listen. Today it was Indian raga and the sound of the sitar.

Certainly would recommend to any music fan.

• Like 3

Who needs a drummer when you can tap-dance! Loved this band, saw them in live at the Rescue Rooms and laughed when the girl I was seeing at the time looked at me confused when she realized what they were doing. 

I laid on my back, let the punk record spin
The stomping guitar, it was shooting out stars
It all went to my heart, yeah some rainbows in the dark

On 11/04/2021 at 12:41, Soup said:

I went to Don Valley to see the Stones 20 years ago and it was beyond terrible. You couldn't sing along with any song as Jagger is obviously so bored of signing the lyrics he just changes the melody of the tune, to the point that some songs are unrecognisable. I might as well of dropped a needle on a record at home and spunked £120 on a nice bottle of Brandy. 

Went to see The Rolling Stoned in Stamford once and it was a far better night and I don't usually like cover bands.

It doesn't surprise me at all. When I see a lot of bands like that playing glastonbury they just remind me of pub bands i.e half-arsed and a shadow of their former selves. 

20 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

It doesn't surprise me at all. When I see a lot of bands like that playing glastonbury they just remind me of pub bands i.e half-arsed and a shadow of their former selves. 

Yeah definitely. I think some folk go to these huge shows just to say they've been. Not sure I'd see anyone band on a come back tour etc, rather go to local venues to check out up and coming acts.