Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

Four Supposed classics that I don't care if I never hear ever again

Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer

Bryan Adams - Summer of 69

Two supposed classics from my uni days there. Guaranteed to get the morons out.

Every Friday night without fail. <_<

It's absolute hell if you're not off your face.

Also, a message to uni DJs. Queen have a whole repertoire of songs, and Don't Stop Me Now is far from their best. Please consider playing other songs from said repertoire once in a while. Thanks.

I've just thought of another one: 'Unfinished Sympathy' by Massive Attack. Never liked that, it just drags on for what seems like hours

kinda makes sense :)

Stairway to heaven - Led Zepplin...pleeeease..no more..nnooo more

Khe Sahn - Cold Chisel, one of OZ's greatest bands with a song that has been adopted by every drunken bogan and totally fooked.

Knights in white satin - unless you are going to provide the drugs when you put the song on...dont bother

Anything at all by AC/DC post 1981, is it only me that can see these guys are old and creating nothing new?

Bohemian Rhapsody Ive always hated with a passion, yes yes I know its very clever blah blah blah but I FECKIN CANT STAND IT!!

Most of the classics that have been mentioned already I agree with but my most hated are...

Living on a prayer - typical crappy American Rock IMO

American Pie - Just plain boring

Any of Bruce Springsteins!

Oh, Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel - Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me)

I'll have plenty of contenders for this thread.

Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer

Bryan Adams - Summer of 69

Two supposed classics from my uni days there. Guaranteed to get the morons out.

:wave:

Bohemian Rhapsody Ive always hated with a passion, yes yes I know its very clever blah blah blah but I FECKIN CANT STAND IT!!

Most of the classics that have been mentioned already I agree with but my most hated are...

Spelt wrong but you're crazy, some of his songs are incredible, amazing songwriter, although if you're not a fan I guess hearing Born In The USA all the time would be grating, most of his great work are album tracks that only fans know.

Spelt wrong but you're crazy, some of his songs are incredible, amazing songwriter, although if you're not a fan I guess hearing Born In The USA all the time would be grating, most of his great work are album tracks that only fans know.

i must admit i've never been a great fan

i did like 'streets of philadelphia'

but having seen the advert for the new (best of) album, of him and the e streets band, i was quite interested by some of his stuff i'd never heard played before (because it's not 'born in the USA') 'radio nowhere' i think it was

• 2 weeks later...

Because I'm a bit of a miserable bugger and wanna be music snob, I could probably go on for quite a while, but off the top of my head;

Oasis- wonderwall and don't look back in anger

Queen- anything they have released

U2- many of their singles (I'm prone to the occaisional bout of bono rage)

Phil Collins- everything he has ever released

Bon Jovi/brian adams

Most foo fghters stuff.

I really like Neil Young, but hey hey my my I could live without and I think Jimmy Cliff is quite overrated

I wonder if in years to come people will be looking back on some of the huge selling dross of today (coldplay, killers, snow patrol, kaiser chiefs etc) and say similar things, I certainly imagine so. Equally I hope that there are certain people doing there stuff right now who will go down as cult heroes/legends- I'd like to see Gruff Rhys remembered as an under-appreciated genius

Didn't expect any Bon Jovi hate in this thread tbh. Great band.

Can't bloody stand them myself, but each to his own.

Green Day - Basketcase

I even bought the sodding record, and went to see them live, around that time. It's a constant source of mystery to me why they remain popular

acciedently taped "highlights" of his set at glastonbury from the red button. had to find pendulum, prodigy and blur to cover it.

acciedently taped "highlights" of his set at glastonbury from the red button. had to find pendulum, prodigy and blur to cover it.

Oh God - unlucky! Dont care how his Names spelt for the record.... hes still cak IMO :P

A lot of American music leaves me cold it seems.... Bon Jovi are another one. I just dont get it

At least you didn't have to sit through the whole thing. He played for two and a half hours, apparently.

I don't mind him but that would be a bit of an endurance test

1. Waterloo Sunset - The Kinks

2. Whiter Shade of Pale - Procul Harum

3. Itchycoo Park - The Small Faces

4. I Am The Walrus - The Beatles

I was watching The One Show earlier, and there was footage of that boring bastard Ray Davies playing 'Waterloo Sunset' and then claiming that it's like a new song every time he plays it. I wish it seemed like that when I hear it, because whenever it comes on it sounds more like I've heard the sodding thing about 10,000 times. This got me thinking about other songs that are generally seen as significant or a so called 'classic', that I can't actually bloody stand, and came up with these. They're in no particular order - number 2 gets me particularly enraged.

Do you loathe I Am the Resurrection? Reach for the earplugs on hearing There She Goes? Reflect and plan a mass murder whenever 'The Times They are a Changin' comes on?

Get it off your chest here.

Love 'em all!

Hates? Too many to mention

I'd hope that nobody other than their most die-hard fans would consider any of their material to be 'classics', but there's nowt so queer as folk, as we've already seen

That's a fair point, but someone probably said they were classics at some point :)

Archived