Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

FT CD Swap # 4

I'll sort Smuts' review today, and same for James on release day.

Libertine, am I alright to start the list for swap 5?

1. Trav Le Bleu

2. Nussul

Yahman. As I'm gagging to do another I'd like to be quite early if possible.

Jesus, let's at least wait til the current one's over!! <_< With the exception of Trav, I vote that people who have reviewed most should come first in line anyway.

Personally I can't be arsed to do another one straight away. All this reviewing becomes a bit of a chore after awhile to be honest.

As far as this swap goes I'll try to do Lavrentis and Smuts (the only ones I haven't done yet) before I put up mine.

I'm not going to participate firstly because I've still got my guests here and my laptop's still a bit boned and secondly because I think you should probably lelave it a while to rebuild interest.

But I do think those that went early this time should get late last time. As the earlier ones generally tend to review less. :P

I'm not going to participate firstly because I've still got my guests here and my laptop's still a bit boned and secondly because I think you should probably lelave it a while to rebuild interest.

But I do think those that went early this time should get late last time. As the earlier ones generally tend to review less. :P

Yeah, but only generally.

I've done everyone apart from Smuts's. Think it's the same with Libertine.

The cd swap is all good but I reckon people should just slap mixes up as they please. This means people who are genuinely interested will download it instead of forcing someone to listen to something they are not really into.

Im a great believer in not forcing people to listen to music and it seems the case with certain swaps (not naming any names :D )

I couldn't give a shit what other people think about the music I listen too but if I slap a mix up I know the people that want it will download it. ;)

There seems to be a lot of snobbery regarding certain mixes :P

The cd swap is all good but I reckon people should just slap mixes up as they please. This means people who are genuinely interested will download it instead of forcing someone to listen to something they are not really into.

Im a great believer in not forcing people to listen to music and it seems the case with certain swaps (not naming any names :D )

I couldn't give a shit what other people think about the music I listen too but if I slap a mix up I know the people that want it will download it. ;)

There seems to be a lot of snobbery regarding certain mixes :P

On the contrary I think having a process where people are encouraged to review all the mixes is good since it means people are listening to stuff they wouldn't do normally. I've hated some of the tunes I've reviewed (I still have nightmares about that Skydivin' tune off NSSL's) but on every single mix I've found a tune that I would listen to again, and as someone who loves to discover new music that's essentially why I took part in this in the first place.

Also I do care about what people think about the music I listen to otherwise I wouldn't bother putting up my compilation. I'm not bothered in the sense that I'd be offended if someone doesn't like it, it's more that I care because I want people to enjoy what I enjoy and to hear stuff they wouldn't have heard otherwise.

On the contrary I think having a process where people are encouraged to review all the mixes is good since it means people are listening to stuff they wouldn't do normally. I've hated some of the tunes I've reviewed (I still have nightmares about that Skydivin' tune off NSSL's) but on every single mix I've found a tune that I would listen to again, and as someone who loves to discover new music that's essentially why I took part in this in the first place.

Also I do care about what people think about the music I listen to otherwise I wouldn't bother putting up my compilation. I'm not bothered in the sense that I'd be offended if someone doesn't like it, it's more that I care because I want people to enjoy what I enjoy and to hear stuff they wouldn't have heard otherwise.

Valid point ;) If it means your discovering new music through the process then great.

As to caring about what people think about the music yes you want there views but the music does the talking and I wouldn't be to downhearted if someone didn't enjoy it as everyone has different tastes.

Yeah, but only generally.

I've done everyone apart from Smuts's. Think it's the same with Libertine.

I've done Smuts' too.

Put me down for next one, maybe have a couple weeks break though to finish up on others? What about a song limit to make reviewing process easier for all?

This.

Personally I can't be arsed to do another one straight away. All this reviewing becomes a bit of a chore after awhile to be honest.

As far as this swap goes I'll try to do Lavrentis and Smuts (the only ones I haven't done yet) before I put up mine.

I'm with these guys on this. As for limit on songs, I'd prefer a limit on time, say max 40-50 minutes.

I agree about this. I like to be exposed to new and different music, as well as get feedback from others on the music I hear, which is why I want the current format to stay the same. At the very least, it's helped me pick songs for more or less everyone on my own compilations. I know I've discovered some bands that I like a lot through these swaps anyway...

How about the next one is a quick 5 brand new songs that you think people should hear, affair?

EDIT: And how about someone reviewing mine. That'd be nice.

I like this 5 song suggestion so soon after the last CD Swap. It'd cut out some of the filler tracks that make their way onto most people's mixes anyway.

Is everyone on strike or something?

I'd quite like to put mine up but not if Smuts only has 1 review to his name. I'll probably get Lavrentis and Smuts done tonight - anyone else bothering or shall I just stick my name down for the next swap instead?

I'd quite like to put mine up but not if Smuts only has 1 review to his name. I'll probably get Lavrentis and Smuts done tonight - anyone else bothering or shall I just stick my name down for the next swap instead?

Do eeeeeetttttttt. :D

I've listened to all of the last ones, several times, but right now I don't have the time or energy to write the reviews :( I'd definitely listen to yours if you put it up, but I won't review it before having reviewed the others', so it might take a while :P

I've listened to all of the last ones, several times, but right now I don't have the time or energy to write the reviews :( I'd definitely listen to yours if you put it up, but I won't review it before having reviewed the others', so it might take a while :P

That's fair enough mate. To be honest I might just put mine up anyway, it's annoying me having it sit there. People can just review when they get the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived