Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Top 5 albums

1) Definitely Maybe - Greatest debut album of all time and my favourite album of all time. Every song on it for me is epic. Slide Away being my favourite song of all time aswell but i think no one will ever bring a debut these days what will touch this.

3) Whats The Story ( Morning Glory ) The album that cemented Oasis has England top band, with athems such as Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger on. Nearly every song apart from Hey Now was huge.

You have an impeccable taste in music :thumbup:

I'll probably do mine later tonight.

5) Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - This album really got me into The Beatles, everyone who's anyone should listen to this. Anyone making music should really listen to this. The Beatles at their best. You could go on and on about this album and never give it the credit it deserves.

i'd be inclinded to suggest that might be more justified if you say writing music - production wise it's very messy (by the beatles standards), i believe it was meant to segue from track to track (a la 'Smile') but they gave up after the first couple of tracks... but there is some fine songwriting on it.

it is also one of the worst example of stereo recording ever, i don't think i've listened to it since mistakenly listening to it on headphones...

no probs with it being a favoutite of yours, but easily the most overated beatles album of the lot, IMO

i'd be inclinded to suggest that might be more justified if you say writing music - production wise it's very messy (by the beatles standards), i believe it was meant to segue from track to track (a la 'Smile') but they gave up after the first couple of tracks... but there is some fine songwriting on it.

it is also one of the worst example of stereo recording ever, i don't think i've listened to it since mistakenly listening to it on headphones...

no probs with it being a favoutite of yours, but easily the most overated beatles album of the lot, IMO

What is your favoutite Beatles album ?

What is your favoutite Beatles album ?

i'd have to say.......best of the beatles....

um, but seriously... depends on my mood, but my top 3 are, by a distance: magical mystery tour, abbey road, revolver - possibly in that order...

i'd have to say.......best of the beatles....

You can't use the same joke twice in one thread but still ... ROFL!

Ask me again next week and this will be different probably but in no particular order:

1. The New Fellas - The Cribs

2. Is This It? - The Strokes

3. My Aim is True - Elvis Costello & The Attractions

4. Silent Alarm - Bloc Party

5. The Libertines - The Libertines

I think I have said before I find this an almost impossible task so here are 5 random albums that blew my mind!!

Beastie Boys - Ill Communication

41JFYSMD19L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin

41C749N4P0L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen we are floating in space

51GutzNFxnL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Couldcut - Journeys by DJ 70 Minutes of Madness

34a5c27a02a056b7d96e8110.L._SL500_AA200_.jpg

Mo'Wax Headz vol2 a&b

21KSTXCHK6L._SL500_AA130_.jpg

When do you want me to list the next hundred?

Ok, I don't really 'do' albums, I normally just listen to individual songs, but if back into a corner

Master of Puppets - Metallica

London Calling - The Clash

21st Century Breakdown - Green Day

Death Magnetic - Metallica

Move Along - All American Rejects

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen we are floating in space

51GutzNFxnL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Jay have you seen the news of the reissue here

I had the original pill tray edition. Cost me £53 from MG and I only got £50 for it unopened. Might have to go for the pill tray edition depending on the price if not the single pill with the two extra CDs.

You can't use the same joke twice in one thread but still ... ROFL!

Ask me again next week and this will be different probably but in no particular order:

1. The New Fellas - The Cribs

2. Is This It? - The Strokes

3. My Aim is True - Elvis Costello & The Attractions

4. Silent Alarm - Bloc Party

5. The Libertines - The Libertines

ha, i wouldn't be a proper partridge fan if i hadn't posted that, it had to be done!

4) Never Mind The Bollocks - The start of punk and a world changing album, just makes you feel like jumping up and down. Great vocals aswell by probally one of the worlds greatest frontmen. One of them albums you can listen to again and again.

You're not really into punk, are you?

I struggle to do musical top fives because my tastes change so frequently. Probably the album I've listened to more than any other though is:

evilempire.jpg

Fucking brilliant piece of work.

I think other than that the best I can offer is albums that define my music taste, I suppose there are two extremes in the sensitivities of that:

e15645pwzqs.jpg

333.jpg

Lostprophets - Start Something

Jay-Z - The Blueprint III

Enter Shikari - Take to the Skies

Kanye West - 808s and Heartbreaks

Paramore - Riot

Wanted to add Muse's new one in but really couldn't take out any of the others.

Paramore's one was hard to choose too. Was either Riot or their new one, brand new eyes. Probably because I'm used to more of their older, heavier sounding music. Brand new eyes seems to be dumbed down a little.

I don't really listen to much of Jay-Z's older stuff. Not full albums anyway. Only couple songs here and there. BP3 is just amazing though.

Lostprophets have done 4 good albums. But Start Something stands out by a mile. Plus it has 2 of my all-time favourite songs; Last Summer and Last Train Home.

Jay have you seen the news of the reissue here

I had the original pill tray edition. Cost me £53 from MG and I only got £50 for it unopened. Might have to go for the pill tray edition depending on the price if not the single pill with the two extra CDs.

Yeah I have gonna get myself the 3disc one can't see the pill tray anywhere to pre order although got some mentions on the spiritualized forum talking about over £100!!! :o

I had the single Pill one but the whole concept was brilliant down to the tracklist being made out like the info page in tablets!!

Would liked to have gone to the Ladies and gentlemen live show but didn't get around to sorting it out, the gig at the rescue rooms in June was just insane still don't think my hearing has recovered one point the feedback and distortion was that loud I thought my head was going to explode!!

ok, seeing as my top 5 are probably all beach boys albums, i'm going to twist it slightly and name 5 albums that affected me greatly....

Sonic youth - Daydream Nation -

i first heard this aged about 19 and really didn't know anything about music beyond what you could hear on the radio - remember no internet and, for most, not even MTV... this record made me realise that music isn't always about dancing or singing along, that texture and tone and atmosphere count as much, and that dischord, used well, can be beautiful

Beastie Boys - licensed to ill

this was one of the first records i bought, aged about 14, it turned me on to a whole new genre of music and got me into run dmc, ll cool j public enemy etc... i remember hearing 'my adidas' on the car radio in the carpark in wigston, and being staggered as rap just wasn't played on the radio back then. licensed to ill was everything i find missing from rap nowadays - musical, funny, intricate...

my bloody valentine - loveless

this record taught me so much about production and sound, in the same way 'pet sounds' did in the 60s, this album demonstrated that when you make a record it is sometimes good to not be able to tell what instruments are being used

huey lewis and the news - fore!

ok, it's not going to change the world, but this is just a wonderful record to listen to, to dance to and to play air guitar to - sometimes its nice just to step back from the sound

stereolab - mars audiac quintet

this record made me realise that the music i wanted to hear was actually being made, that there were bands still trying to used new sounds and big chords

You sir, are a ruddy genius. It may be impossible to put together a combination of artists that great ever again.

Stop the internet now.

Archived